• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Type Pokemon confirmed by leak informations

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Then this morning, CoroCoro finally gave us the first major X and Y details since the games were first announced. Among those details was one tiny little tidbit that the source had first told me about in February - that there would be a new Electric move that drains its opponent's HP. This was the only attack that the person had told me about in February, and yet it is such a specific detail to make up. For that information to be verified three months later seems to indicate that the source is the real deal (unless they are just really good at guessing).
I want to emphasize that under the worst case scenario, I am still somehow, some way, being duped. It would not be the first time to tell you the truth, and all Pokemon webmasters have fallen for fake news before. Thus, I want everyone to take this news with a grain of salt until it is actually verified by Pokemon. If it is verified, then yay, we will be able to post other news this source has sent us since February and up until today. What you will see below is a sampling of some of the news the source has sent since February.
TL;DR - The source seems to be genuine, but still take the information below with a grain of salt. We are classifying it as unconfirmed. Do not soil our beach sand with red liquid if it turns out to be fake. :p
  • Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.
  • Sylveon is Fairy-type. Some older Pokemon will be reclassified to Fairy, such as Mawile (Steel/Fairy).
  • Mewtwo has two new formes, not just one. Both are activated via items.
  • The professor's English name is Patrice.
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Fighting, and Water/Dark.
  • The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting.
  • A few attacks will be dual-typed.
  • There will be a new type of battling style that Flying-type Pokemon and Pokemon with Levitate can participate in.
  • You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

The source has sent us a lot more information since then, including several English Pokemon names, but again, I'm not going to post any of it until something more substantial than an attack effect is verified. I don't want to look like a complete fool if all of this is fake. If Fairy type and anything else above comes to be true in the next few weeks, I'll put up the rest of the information. If all of this is fake, well, at least I didn't let a potential good source go to waste - at least I tried to deliver potentially real and substantial news.

It is likely that Pokemon is either going to reveal the English names of the Pokemon that were revealed in CoroCoro tomorrow when the magazine is officially released in Japan or on Saturday after Pokemon Smash airs. Since that's probably going to be the next big opportunity to see if any of the source's information is true, I thought I would post the English names he sent me right after CoroCoro leaked. Again, although in February he correctly described one of the new Electric-type moves that was revealed in CoroCoro this past weekend, we probably would all believe his information a little more if something more substantial could be verified. We'll find out soon!

• The goat, Gogoat -> Gogoat. It's a goat that goes. No need to change the name I guess?
  • The panda, Yancham -> Panchum. Obviously "punch 'em," with the "punch" starting out as "pan" because it's a panda.
  • The bird, Yayakoma -> Fletchling. Fletching or fledgling + hatchling?
  • The "lizard," Elikiteru -> Helioptile. A heliophile is any organism attracted to sunlight, so that + reptile?
Also, I realized yesterday that although Patrice is not named after a tree like Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper, the name is pronounced as "Pah-treece." The "treece" sounds like "trees." So there you go?

wO2cmfE.jpg
P7FnSDc.png
Thanks to DaBoss for the images.

I can't provided the source due to scans being on his website.

I waited until they revealed the english name for the pokemon and they were right about the names, so I assumed that Fairy type is more likely to be confirmed as well. I'm not sure if I should added rumor to the title or not.

Omikaru

I'm glad I didn't pick up Pokemon Black & White 2, despite being very tempted to. Because if these rumours are true, then coupled with the new info we do know, X&Y is shaping up to be amazing. And I'm super hungry for a new Pokémon game now.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Some interesting info in there, if it's true. Of course this leads to lots of speculation, such as what else will be reclassified as Fairy (besides the obvious Clefairy line).

I wonder what the new airborn battle system will be about... Some Dragonball antics incoming, perhaps? :p

??? So they rather have the final starter Pokemon to take 4x damage from the one they are weak against?
This isn't how it works unless double-type attacks get into action.
Fire/Psychic is stronger than Grass/Fight on both types, but Fire attacks aren't strong against Fight type pokémon and Psychic attacks also don't deal extra-damage on grass pokémon, so it's only a wider variety of 2x against your opponent, but not a single STAB attack could be 4x effective.

Uh, no. Those weaknesses are the other way around. Psychic>Fighting>Dark. So they're evenly matched against each other.

You sure?
typechart.png

This isn't how it works unless double-type attacks get into action.
Fire/Psychic is stronger than Grass/Fight on both types, but Fire attacks aren't strong against Fight type pokémon and Psychic attacks also don't deal extra-damage on grass pokémon, so it's only a wider variety of 2x against your opponent, but not a single STAB attack could be 4x effective.

I know that lol just saying I'm betting there will be a dual type move for the starters if there are these moves.

Holy shit I am pleading for this not be fake. It's about time we got a Fire/Psychic type, and an evolution from the starters no less.

But let's not get our hopes up too quickly. When was the last time they revealed the evolutions (or even the TYPES of the evolutions) of the starters before they were released?

Ooooh if they are reclassifying Pokemon type, I demand an alternative form to Charizard that is Dragon + Flying or Dragon + Fire =P
Anybody else got a wish for reclasses XD?

Yes, on the Eevee and friends segment (on Pokemon Smash) they concluded that Sylveon is SE against Ice.

So the leak is fake?
Fairy will be a new type. It is weak to Poison and Steel, immune to Dragon, super effective against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and Fire and
Psychic-type Pokemon take half damage from it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Dragon has another weakness and its attacks are useless against Fairy? fuck that it's already too easy to kill and now this
thank god this game it's awful to me or otherwise i would've gotten really mad

edit: oh it seems is fake?

Espada

So the leak is fake?

If it's real then some parts of the leak are inaccurate, since they were very clear about Sylveon doing extra damage to ice.

Anyway, I'm looking through the X &Y official site and I come across this underneath a screenshot of the player character in front of a mirror:

Official Pokemon X & Y website said:
At certain points you'll be able to get new outfits and accessories for your Trainer!

So that confirms what we've suspected for a while. The website also reveals that the english name of X&Y's location is the Kalos Region.

Forkball

Ok so leak may be fake but someone explain this to me:

You will be able to see a Pokemon's EVs at a certain in-game facility. You will be able to boost the EVs through mini-games. It will take about two hours to get one stat to max EVs.

Does this mean max EVs per level? So two hours of mini game grinding for one level? Or is it just in general?

NeonZ

If it's real then some parts of the leak are inaccurate, since they were very clear about Sylveon doing extra damage to ice.

Wasn't it some strange cosplay thing in Pokemon Smash? I think you might be taking that too seriously. It might be just a joke segment in the end.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ooooh if they are reclassifying Pokemon type, I demand an alternative form to Charizard that is Dragon + Flying or Dragon + Fire =P
Anybody else got a wish for reclasses XD?

I think it only applies to Pokemon that fit the new Fairy type. So unless you're hoping for Charizard to be part Fairy you may be out of luck. :p

Espada

Wasn't it some strange cosplay thing in Pokemon Smash? I think you might be taking that too seriously. It might be just a joke segment in the end.

Shokotan is dressed up as Sylveon, and they try to figure out what type she is by exposing her to various things. It's goofy, but the goal is the reveal what Sylveon's type is. The next episode is apparently the big reveal.

Wichu

Ok so leak may be fake but someone explain this to me:

Does this mean max EVs per level? So two hours of mini game grinding for one level? Or is it just in general?

EVs = effort values, previously hidden values that boost a Pokémon's stats (not to be confused with Exp. and Eevee). It means in two hours, you can max out, say, your Pokémon's Attack stat.

It only takes about half an hour at the moment, so the minigames aren't particularly useful - being able to check the current value, on the other hand, will be.

Good that poison gets another type its strong against. I always thought that water and fighting would mask sense as weaknesses for poison.

I am highly skeptical because being both immune and strong against dragon is far too fan-pleasing to be what I expect them to actually do.

Forkball

EVs = effort values, previously hidden values that boost a Pokémon's stats (not to be confused with Exp. and Eevee). It means in two hours, you can max out, say, your Pokémon's Attack stat.

It only takes about half an hour at the moment, so the minigames aren't particularly useful - being able to check the current value, on the other hand, will be.

But isn't that per level? The EVs for a skill reset every level right? I always hated that system, it is the grindiest thing ever but very vital if you want to play competitively. I really hope they introduce some alternative to it.

PsionBolt

But isn't that per level? The EVs for a skill reset every level right? I always hated that system, it is the grindiest thing ever but very vital if you want to play competitively. I really hope they introduce some alternative to it.

No, EVs never reset. It used to be that the new EVs you earned weren't actually applied to your stats until you either leveled or deposited them into a PC (nowadays they're recalculated after every battle), but levels have never had any effect on adding or removing EVs.

Top Bottom