• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted: Golden Abyss Screenshots

Spiegel

zI9oU.jpg

QAc8b.jpg

vAfZU.jpg

FGhPc.jpg

LlME9.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
H-O-L-Y S-H-E-E-T

That is going to melt my eyes out of their sockets displayed on the OLED screen.

Grinchy

Banned
pfft...this is just going to be good graphics, good gameplay, and good story. What's the point?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
MikeE21286 said:
I can't tell :\

don't know what Vita games will really look like ?
The IQ is faked, but judging by those rock textures in the first screenshot, the art assets seem reasonable.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Nirolak said:
The IQ is faked, but judging by those rock textures in the first screenshot, the art assets seem reasonable.
How far would the actual IQ look like with the Vita's pixel density and 4x MSAA, theoretically speaking?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fady K said:
Thing is... even though the background may just be a mid-resolution screenshot, the screen still oozes with great atmosphere and detail.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Jinfash said:
How far would the actual IQ look like with the Vita's pixel density and 4x MSAA, theoretically speaking?
Yeah, the IQ on the actual device would look quite good.

Generally just putting something in motion makes it look much better, but this has the added benefit of the Vita's screen being smaller than the (likely) size of the screenshots on your monitor instead of significantly bigger like a TV.

sphinx

the piano man
is this the most impressive pics of a handheld game to this day??

Vita making history.

I truly said wow.

Amir0x

Banned
Man is every thing in Golden Abyss set in one location? I can't recall seeing anywhere else but this jungle place so far

Man

Amir0x said:
Man is every thing in Golden Abyss set in one location? I can't recall seeing anywhere else but this jungle place so far
Maybe it's more like Uncharted 1 with a local mystery instead of globe-trotting.

Amir0x

Banned
Door2Dawn said:
Looks fantastic. To bad it'll probably be boring.

unlike every other Uncharted game for some reason

they are flawed in many ways, but boring is not the first adjective that comes to mind

Man said:
Maybe it's more like Uncharted 1 with a local mystery instead of globe-trotting.

Ah. I enjoyed that aspect of Uncharted 1, for all the other things I found bad about it. But I will say that even in Uncharted 1 it seemed to have more variety between chapters, so far with Golden Abyss everything seems extremely narrowly focused on this one area in screens/videos.

I know there has to be more but I'm curious to see it already

Raonak

Banned
Wow. bend delievers as always.

Now after you're done with Uncharted, get working on that Syphon Filter reboot.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Amir0x said:
I think every screen we've seen so far has been from the demos (2 locations).

Top Bottom