• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New update for Miiverse : brand new look

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No wonder I couldnt post that pic in the art academy community, why would they even think to remove that feature?

L~A

Miiverse has gotten a lot of updates and love. I wonder why they never do anything new and cool to wara wara plaza. That thing just doesn't seem to be doing too much good in how they first were describing it during the early e3's.

Wasn't it suppose to be a free marketing tool for games? All I get is the same first party games from launch and youtube. New 3rd party games show up when they are released but then are switched out after a day or two for existing 1st party games again.

Nintendo Land and New Super mario have been there the whole time. Youtube and Netflix are free apps, not games. Advertise me the new games.

Wara wara needs a major overhaul. It's too static, too simple, too 1st party oriented. It should cater to each profile. It should know I buy Call of Duty and Assissins creed, not Mario or Zelda. Show me the games that are similar to those. Let me see Deux Ex and Splinter Cell over and over. Market to me.

The WaraWara Plaza shows the most active communities every day/week, so if it's only showing the same stuff, that's because nobody buys the rest... especially 3rd party games :p

But I dunno, I often have 3rd-party games, like ACIV right now, but I guess it's not the same in all regions?

Hoodbury

The WaraWara Plaza shows the most active communities every day/week, so if it's only showing the same stuff, that's because nobody buys the rest... especially 3rd party games :p

But I dunno, I often have 3rd-party games, like ACIV right now, but I guess it's not the same in all regions?

Yeah, like I said, ACIV and CoD ghosts showed up for me for maybe 2 days and then went away.

To me, that's what they should change. I don't care about the most popular games, I care about the type of games I like. The system should know from my play history (which is stored) that I like shooters, open world type games. I bought Cod and AC3, so advertise to me the games like that that have recently came out. Advertise splinter cell, AC4, Ghosts, Deux Ex. etc.

Removing the "Yeahs" total is pretty stupid, but I guess it makes sense from a company that thinks leader boards hurt peoples feelings.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Removing the "Yeahs" total is pretty stupid, but I guess it makes sense from a company that thinks leader boards hurt peoples feelings.
Nintendo games have leader boards. :S In fact they even updated the Pikmin 3 one to show more information.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'm going to be pretty blunt this time around: whoever's in charge of miiverse needs to go.

The system is in havoc. There've been obvious shortcomings to the implementation of an otherwise great idea, and instead of addressing those, it's all been a random reshuffling of features (read: arbitrary addition and removal of functionality) for a year now. This is not a beta phase, this is supposed to be a finished product. Clearly it should show directions of future development, and yet it should be a finished product by now. It wasn't by launch, as still isn't. We had a shorter-than-an-sms message limit for the better part of the year, followed by a 'wait, your activity log is loading..' followed by more and more of it. No age restricted communities (thinking of the children is one thing, not thinking of the adults - an entirely different thing), instead we got overzealous moderation where any prankster/prick could report your post and send it to sleep with the fishes. We got a browser portal just to have arbitrary functionality disabled when using miiverse via it (a web-based product gets disabled functionality when run on a browser, oh the irony), and the latest 'update' disables yet more useful features (this time not just in the browser portal) just because.

Bottomline being, the entire product gives the appearance of something done by 5 people in a basement. Get it together, nintendo!

Anteo

I'm going to be pretty blunt this time around: whoever's in charge of miiverse needs to go.

The system is in havoc. There've been obvious shortcomings to the implementation of an otherwise great idea, and instead of addressing those, it's all been a random reshuffling of features (read: arbitrary addition and removal of functionality) for a year now. This is not a beta phase, this is supposed to be a finished product. Clearly it should show directions of future development, and yet it should be a finished product by now. It wasn't by launch, as still isn't. We had a shorter-than-an-sms message limit for the better part of the year, followed by a 'wait, your activity log is loading..' followed by more and more of it. No age restricted communities (thinking of the children is one thing, not thinking of the adults - an entirely different thing), instead we got overzealous moderation where any prankster/prick could report your post and send it to sleep with the fishes. We got a browser portal just to have arbitrary functionality disabled when using miiverse via it (a web-based product gets disabled functionality when run on a browser, oh the irony), and the latest 'update' disables yet more useful features (this time not just in the browser portal) just because.

Bottomline being, the entire product gives the appearance of something done by 5 people in a basement. Get it together, nintendo!

Actually, I would not be surprised if the miiverse dev team was just 3 people. Wasnt MArio kart 7 team really small at first, I recall reading that from the Iwata asks

Neff

Then again, those numbers served no real purpose... they just showed how many people posted in that community, not the number of posts. If it makes for better navigation, I think it's a good thing they removed that.

It was a good method of gauging the popularity of Wii U games. I found it interesting, at least.

Taking away the Yeah count seems strange. Adjusting the TOS would have circumvented junk Yeah begging posts, or given them lease to delete them, assuming that's the reason they did it.

Top Bottom