• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New update will enable Skyrim to support unlimited file size in Steam Workshop

courtesy of texhnolyze

After all these years, Skyrim still got a new update, wow.
http://www.bethblog.com/

Get ready for bigger mods on Steam’s Skyrim Workshop. This week we’ve pulled the restraining bolt that restricted mod sizes to 100 mb – allowing you to upload mod projects to the file size your project demands!

Before we go live with this feature for everyone, we’re beta testing things this week – both for Skyrim’s PC launcher and the Creation Kit, too.

Details below…

Creation Kit 1.9.33 Update

Creation Kit now supports unlimited file sizes for mods on the Steam Workshop.
The Preview Image is limited to no larger than 1 MB.

Skyrim Launcher

The Skyrim Launcher no longer downloads mods from Steam Workshop. Downloads are now managed by the Steam Client. The Skyrim Launcher updates the game after the Steam Client finishes the download.

To participate in these beta releases, you’ll need to do the following steps in the Steam client:

Click on your game Library.
Right click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and select Properties.
Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Skyrim Beta
Next from Library, access Tools from the drop down.
Right click on Creation Kit and select Properties.
Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Creation Kit Beta
Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.

If you decide you don’t want to run the Beta anymore, redo the steps above and select “None”.

To provide feedback on the beta update, use our beta forum.

Corgi

Banned
unlimited possibilities

ccjljwda01jie0mmfggw.gif

I'd much rather a 64-bit executable or fixing the damn lip sync bug introduced in Patch 1.9.

If the engine could handle grass like that without dipping to negative 10 FPS I'd be all over it.

Until then I shall be content with muh sexy mods.

I run an ENB + lots of high res textures + Verdant 1K and it runs pretty well all things considering.

Tagyhag

Good, a lot of amazing mods had to be broken down or just couldn't be on the workshop because of the limitation.

Unai

I think this is live now - I have a new Skyrim update, and a new Creation Kit update, installed.

Nice! Let's see what mods people will put in the workshop now.

I do use nexus, but for me the less I need it, the better. Somehow the download speeds are very unreliable there.

I can't understand people saying mods are heavy and Skyrim is a optmization mess.

I have lots of mods, ENB, textures, grass, trees, foliage, water, shader effects, everything you can imagine and the game runs fine.
Maybe it's a problem with their rigs.

Top Bottom