• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Valkyria (Media Vision, RPG [not SRPG], new world) and VC1 Remaster for PS4 (JP)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I was hoping they'd port VC2&3 to PC. Also is Valkyria of the Blue Revolution a new game? I'm confused.

Valkyria of the Blue Revolution is a new game and most likely VC4. They also announced a remaster of VC1.

AniHawk

I was hoping they'd port VC2&3 to PC. Also is Valkyria of the Blue Revolution a new game? I'm confused.

blue revolution looks like a prequel or something. everyone's got clothes that don't seem to belong to a historical time period, so it might be a time when valkyria were all over the place valkyriaing it up.

Caj814

Yes!
e1ZqkwA.gif

Wait the new game isnt? That makes no sense, VC did amazing on PC

It's a Famitsu announcement so of course it'll be announced for consoles. There's still no strong PC audience there in Japan.

Give it time until it's announced for the west, which the chances are pretty good on that.

Another entirely pointless remaster.
Yay.

VC always looked great.

People really need to realise how the PS3 sold last gen compared to the PS4 this gen. All those great games on PS3? Most people with a PS4 didn't play them, you need an audience to sell the sequel.

BC might have been the more convenient answer, but this is the best these companies can do.

Ratrat

I feel like someone offered Konami in a Fullmetal Alchemist like trade to summon the rest of the Japanese games industry out of limbo.

That said, I wish Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3 should be fused into one title for a Remaster called: Valkyria Chronicles 3 Remaster.
Eh, people could not stop whining about the graphics for Type-0 and Peace Walker remasters. Probably better to forget those.

ExVicis

Holy shit yes! I bought multiple copies of VC just to be a part of the numbers to show their support for the game. Glad to see Sega sees all the fans that want more Valkyria. Truly we live in a grand time for videogames.

Guys, we did it. We bought enough VC on Steam. I actually can't believe this is happening, no fucking way I would have believed it if someone told me it was going to happen.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Is Revolution a real VC game?

"Real"?

And i'm sure it'll have a PC port guys, stop crying.

They aren't going to announce anything like that for Japan, use your heads.

Valkyria Chronicles coming back is a dream come true personally speaking.

AniHawk

Is Revolution a real VC game?

could take place before the events of vc. part of the appeal in the series was the tactics using the normal crew in the original vc. it made wrecking shit so much more satisfying when you finally used a valkyria.

Korigama

Valkyria of the Blue Revolution looks more like a hack-and-slash than an SRPG, but that image doesn't give a very good look at it.

MilkBeard

The game looks decent on PS3, and I own the copy, so I won't be jumping on the remaster, but the new game I'll definitely look into. Seems like the game sold well on Steam.

Wow ! The jRPG genre is really coming back to home consoles (well, at least ONE home console) !

On a side note : is it possible nowadays to have a jrpg without the big boobies thing ? :-/

So i never played VC should i be excited? Is it like Xcom? i cant read the link because im at work and its blocked but are they realsing a remake of the first game and a brand new game?

what about game 2 and 3?

Top Bottom