• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New video of House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return (Wii)

RBH

Oldschoolgamer said:
"Suffer the same way G did?"

Wtf.

Suffer like G did > the new nonsense.
Actually, listening real closely, it seems like he still says "Suffer like G did", but the subtitle doesn't match up with the actual spoken dialogue.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
RBH said:
Actually, listening real closely, it seems like he still says "Suffer like G did", but the subtitle doesn't match up with the actual spoken dialogue.

Aww. That might be the case. I had the volume low on my laptop. Why change the subtitle when it doesn't match up with the hilarious VA? Thats only going to lead to confusion...

I'm sure some aren't going to be happy to hear about no button config. I have no problem with B being shoot, but, yea...

Sure am glad they don't have that waggle shit from HoTD 4 tacked on. Strictly oldschool shooting off screen to reload.

Sadist

Looks like a lot of fun, but I'll just wait what Sega will do here in Europe.

Wouldn't be surprised if the game will cost € 40 here. If so, just waiting for a pricedrop.

Capndrake

The reason they give for not including HotD1 is that it would require too much time to upgrade. I thought it was confirmed that they lost the original code to the game?

Core407

Banned
Linkzg said:
I am pretty excited for this, more chance to use my Perfect Shot on a game other than Ghost Squad.

Has someone modded any of the gun controllers into having a laser sight?

Core407

Banned
Rentahamster said:
Hmm, I should try that...

Would be cool if someone came out with a fleshed out lightgun adapter with a built-in laser sight that could be programmed to only work when the player has acquired laser sight in-game.

M3wThr33:I noticed they mentioned you could play without the cross hairs so adding a laser would be pretty cool.

M3wThr33

Banned
Core407 said:
Would be cool if someone came out with a fleshed out lightgun adapter with a built-in laser sight that could be programmed to only work when the player has acquired laser sight in-game.

M3wThr33:I noticed they mentioned you could play without the cross hairs so adding a laser would be pretty cool.

It's not too big a deal. House of the Dead is fairly loose on the aiming and in Ghost Squad you can get an in-game laser sight anyway.

Teknoman said:
What the hell is "480 widescreen" Are just saying the game supports true widescreen? Or do they mean 480p as well?

480p can still be widescreen. Even 480i can.

Gagaman

Hint to Sega:
Take the PS2 remake double pack Virtua Cop Elite Edition, add a port of Virtua Cop 3, maybe even throw Confidential Missionas a bonus and call it Virtua Cop Trilogy and slap it on the Wii. Please! You want my money, right?

In other words, I'm getting this, if just because I can't use my old light guns anymore due to now owning a LCD TV.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Core407 said:
For a second I thought you said "fleshlight gun adapter"

Teknoman

M3wThr33 said:
480p can still be widescreen. Even 480i can.

Oh I know that, but its just he was speaking on supporting 480i(of course) and 480 widescreen like it was a big deal. Really im just hoping it supports progressive scan.

M3wThr33

Banned
Gagaman said:
Hint to Sega:
Take the PS2 remake double pack Virtua Cop Elite Edition, add a port of Virtua Cop 3, maybe even throw Confidential Missionas a bonus and call it Virtua Cop Trilogy and slap it on the Wii. Please! You want my money, right?

In other words, I'm getting this, if just because I can't use my old light guns anymore due to now owning a LCD TV.

I'd buy THAT.

I also found out today another gun game I didn't know of. Europe got a release of Ghostbuster Extreme on the Playstation 1.

I was going to pass on this since I own both on DC and Xbox but Ghost Squad worked surprisingly well with the Perfect shot so I may pick this up afterall. I hope they include some new extras for this release though.

samratty

Gagaman said:
Hint to Sega:

Now that would be awesome :D

Gagaman said:
Hint to Sega:

Honestly if Konami, Namco, Sega, or whoever makes good light gun games release more games on PS3 or Wii, I would buy them.

SO FUCKING RELEASE POLICE 24/7 ALREADY ON PSN WITH PS EYE SUPPORT ALREADY!

BDGAME

Will it have a 4 players mode, like Ghost Squad?

4p in GS is one of the best things they ever do in a shooter!

Scrubking

Did he just say that there was no button configuration? I swear I will never understand why devs do that. Ghost Squad had configuration but this doesn't???

Also what is up with the litmus test BS again. Is every damn Wii game going to be a test forever more?

Core407 said:
Has someone modded any of the gun controllers into having a laser sight?

Sega gave away the PowerWave Wii-Qualiser gun over here with Ghost Squad, which has a laser sight thing. Takes one AAA battery, and seems to work alright, but I see no point in it myself. I dunno if this light gun is avaliable in America or anything though. =o

2mgmd8k.jpg

Terrell

Scrubking said:
Did he just say that there was no button configuration? I swear I will never understand why devs do that. Ghost Squad had configuration but this doesn't???

Also what is up with the litmus test BS again. Is every damn Wii game going to be a test forever more?
Of course! What do you expect, that 3rd-parties would smarten up and have confidence in the products they push instead of being insecure little shits? This isn't 1990 anymore.

Lobster

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:
Sega gave away the PowerWave Wii-Qualiser gun over here with Ghost Squad, which has a laser sight thing. Takes one AAA battery, and seems to work alright, but I see no point in it myself. I dunno if this light gun is avaliable in America or anything though. =o

2mgmd8k.jpg

You're Australia right?

I think thats only available to us.

Also, only DSE bundles RE:UC with Zapper.

Teknoman

Also on the subject of light gun games, i'd rather they make a Wii-sclusive new Virtua Cop and pack 3 with that, rather than just retreading the other 2.

Markster

wtf is this shit:

"Is HotD a perfect port from the arcade?"
"It's actually a better port in a lot of ways!"

The correct answer is NO!

The arcade had twice as many kinds of zombies. (Sure, they were just new textures on the same models, but it was more visual variety!)

Is this is a better port than the DC version? Yes.
Is this better than the arcade? No.

Also: "the DC port had a light bug where the screen flashed whenever you shot your gun".
I had assumed that it was what made the lightgun work.

Lobster

Banned
Markster said:
wtf is this shit:

The correct answer is NO!

The arcade had twice as many kinds of zombies. (Sure, they were just new textures on the same models, but it was more visual variety!)

Is this is a better port than the DC version? Yes.
Is this better than the arcade? No.

Also: "the DC port had a light bug where the screen flashed whenever you shot your gun".
I had assumed that it was what made the lightgun work.

I don't get it? You played the Wii version too?

I'm confused :S

Teknoman

Yeah we dont know the Wii version doesnt have the zombie variety of the Arcade version. However im just taking your word for it, since thats the only HotD arcade version I havent played.

EDIT: Unless that was indicated by the hands on GDC video from Gamespot.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Capndrake said:
The reason they give for not including HotD1 is that it would require too much time to upgrade. I thought it was confirmed that they lost the original code to the game?
I don't think they ever said that they lost the original code. That being said, I did play HOTD1 in an arcade a few weeks ago (this arcade also had 3 and 4... I didn't see 2 anywhere, although they did have Zombie Revenge...), and in all honesty, the graphics are terrible, even by 1996 standards. Everything just looks so lo-fi and blocky. I blame that on the game running off of Model 2C CRX hardware- had it been using Model 3, which was new at the time HOTD 1 came out, it probably would have looked a lot better. I can see why the Sega guys think that HOTD 1 needs a graphical upgrade nowadays...
Gagaman said:
Hint to Sega:

In that Gamespot vid, the Sega rep says that if the demand is there, they'll do a Virtua Cop compilation. Same thing with Typing of the Dead, too, so get to writing letters to Sega about this... :D

Granted I've never played House of the Dead 3, only 1, 2, and 4, but what exactly is the difference in extreme mode? I don't get it, you can't knock back enemies or block attacks in the regular game? Is it just a harder difficulty level?

jarrod

Banned
The "lost code" HOTD1 excuse is bunk... AM2 already developed a Model 2 emulator that runs on GameCube, it was used for Sonic Gems Collection's Sonic the Fighters port. It would've taken the team like a weekend to get HOTD1 running on Wii with IR support, probably just using the ROM.

Scrubking said:
Different teams... Ghost Squad was ported internally at AM2 while HOTD2+3R is being done by AM1 & H.I.C.

I look forward to this, it's just a shame it doesn't come with Typing of the Dead, which is the most awesome fun ever. Still, any excuse to see HotD 2's silly scenes and dialogue is a plus in my book.

i played that game at the sega press day, house of the dead 3 that is.

really lovely graphics, didnt spot much of a difference in the wii-version, compared to arcade, for me its a must-buy.

jarrod said:
Different teams... Ghost Squad was ported internally at AM2 while HOTD2+3R is being done by AM1 & H.I.C.

Uh, wasn't the GS port handled by Polygon Magic? Unless I've missed something and PM are actually part of AM2?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
jarrod said:
The "lost code" HOTD1 excuse is bunk... AM2 already developed a Model 2 emulator that runs on GameCube, it was used for Sonic Gems Collection's Sonic the Fighters port. It would've taken the team like a weekend to get HOTD1 running on Wii with IR support, probably just using the ROM.
Yeah, but like I said, HOTD1 didn't age well, so when Sega says that they wanted to give it a graphical overhaul, but didn't have the time to do so, I believe them.

Teknoman

Seriously. House of the Dead 1 is just abit too scruffy looking to be played these days without some sort of a small graphic upgrade. If they upgraded the graphics at least to HotD 2 level, then yeah it would be fine.

House%20of%20the%20Dead%201_PC_cover.jpg

Top Bottom