• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Vita Press release - games list, battery life ('3-5 hours'), memory card info

/XX/

Both competitive companies certainly don't want to disclose that kind of information, as rumors about the supposedly jointly-developed 'electronic viewfinder (EVF) using an OLED panel' hinted at, but external suppliers of raw materials like Hodogaya Chemical Co., Ltd. do (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28688940&postcount=158), however that link is now useless to demonstrate anything because the articles I posted there have been deleted. MoCell's report is still accessible, though (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28049846&postcount=673).

FoxSpirit said:
There is none, but if it was Samsung we would have heard the news quite some time ago.
I think like this, but inverted, because if it was Sony we would have heard it from themselves quite some time ago. They usually state in promotional reports and press releases what kind of proprietary technologies apply or develop for specific products (specially for a key product like this one). I suppose that if a Sony Group subsidiary like Sony Mobile Display Corp. (former ST-LCD Corporation that also was not involved in the manufacturing of TFT-LCD modules for the PSP platform) was producing batches of the modules to be assembled on the PSVITA, they would probably have affirmed it by now.

Also, its vendor procurement for a mass-produced low-cost device as this one is probably a cheaper and more efficient solution for them in the long term.

gcubed

/XX/ said:
Both competitive companies certainly don't want to disclose that kind of information, as rumors about the supposedly jointly-developed 'electronic viewfinder (EVF) using an OLED panel' hinted at, but external suppliers of raw materials like Hodogaya Chemical Co., Ltd. do (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28688940&postcount=158), however that link is now useless to demonstrate anything because the articles I posted there have been deleted. MoCell's report is still accessible, though (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28049846&postcount=673).

I think like this, but inverted, because if it was Sony we would have heard it from themselves quite some time ago. They usually state in promotional reports and press releases what kind of proprietary technologies apply or develop for specific products (specially for a key product like this one). I suppose that if a Sony Group subsidiary like Sony Mobile Display Corp., (former ST-LCD Corp., that also was not involved in the manufacturing of TFT-LCD modules for the PSP platform) was producing batches of the modules to be assembled on the PSVITA, they would probably have affirmed it by now.

Also, its vendor procurement for a mass-produced low-cost device as this one is probably a cheaper and more efficient solution for them in the long term.

Samsung was quick to point out publiclly that they were developing the chips for the Vita, if they were also supplying the screens it would have been mentioned at the same time

gogogow

gcubed said:
Samsung was quick to point out publiclly that they were developing the chips for the Vita, if they were also supplying the screens it would have been mentioned at the same time
Source? Was there some kind of press release I missed? Because I always thought it was made public by "The Semiconductor Industry News" website.

/XX/

gcubed said:
Well, I can't confirm any of the information I posted, but I think that what you mention was part of an external report as well, no? In general, we have little information about this kind of PSVITA system related topics (foundry procurement included)...

Top Bottom