• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Warhawk Boosterpack "Operation Fallen Star" in August!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
May 20, 2006
9,635
0
1,455
34
Netherlands
Sorry if old.
Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-181472.aspx

N4G said:
Austrian website eLhabib.at have some Information about the new Warhawk Boosterpack.

The Keyfacts are:
The Name of the Boosterpack is: Warhawk: Operation Fallen Star.
It´s possible to use Jetpacks and you can also fire while you are in the air.
The name of the Jetpack is: Icarus Mk. I

The release for the new Boosterpack is expected in August.
More Information on the new Boosterpack should be available soon.
JETPACKS

SOLD.
 

GodofWine

Member
May 8, 2008
7,383
2
0
The sheer possibility of sniping some fool in his jet pack...oh I cannot wait.

I love warhawk
 

sholmes

Neo Member
Apr 16, 2008
251
0
0
I'm wondering how these jetpacks will impact the air game. How high/fast can they fly? Can they do any real damage to Warhawks? Can Warhawks easily shoot them down? Am I going to have to deal with a dozen or so knats swarming around and getting stuck to my windshield every time I'm flying in a Warhawk?
 
Aug 27, 2007
32,915
0
0
Wax Free Vanilla said:
when is the single player campaign mode being released?
Never confirmed as actually coming; it's only been discussed as a possibility. Seeing as how much they're supporting the multiplayer I doubt they're focusing on developing any single player mode.

sholmes said:
I'm wondering how these jetpacks will impact the air game. How high/fast can they fly? Can they do any real damage to Warhawks? Can Warhawks easily shoot them down? Am I going to have to deal with a dozen or so knats swarming around and getting stuck to my windshield every time I'm flying in a Warhawk?
That just makes me more excited about it.
 

Ploid 3.0

Member
Jun 6, 2004
28,301
3
1,340
I wish they would put everything on a disk and sell it for $60 when they are done with all of the expansions/add-ons. Unless these booster packs are free.

It almost seems like warhawk should just have a subscription fee and they do their updates like MMO games.
 

deepbrown

Member
Apr 16, 2007
8,192
0
0
Ploid 3.0 said:
I wish they would put everything on a disk and sell it for $60 when they are done with all of the expansions/add-ons. Unless these booster packs are free.

It almost seems like warhawk should just have a subscription fee and they do their updates like MMO games.
Wut? We get loads for free in their patches...like new modes etc etc.
 

slider

Member
Nov 7, 2006
8,702
0
0
London
Awesome. If it's as good as BM I'm in for it. Ahh shucks I'm in regardless. I do hope they lower the price of OD and BM though for all the people without the previous boosters.
 

Flek

Banned
Jul 31, 2006
5,810
0
0
jetpacks - nice! But i still want that grapling hook - to "hang on a plane" :lol

anyway, everytime a new update hits the store i buy it and start playing wowhawk. But then after some weeks iam done with the game and play other (better?) games...at least untill the next update hits.
 

Philthy

Member
Aug 12, 2006
2,025
0
0
This sounds awesome, now if they can just remove the Warhawks themselves this game will be perfect.
 

deepbrown

Member
Apr 16, 2007
8,192
0
0
Tiduz said:
Jetpacks were already confirmed in trophy list afaik, so it makes sense.
Yes...so it was confirmed then. A website could just look at the trophies and make up all this crap if they wanted to..
 

Tiduz

Eurogaime
May 20, 2006
9,635
0
1,455
34
Netherlands
deepbrown said:
Yes...so it was confirmed then. A website could just look at the trophies and make up all this crap if they wanted to..
I guess we will know soon, according to this site its supposted to hit this month, so id say within a week we should see news on it if true.
 

deepbrown

Member
Apr 16, 2007
8,192
0
0
Tiduz said:
I guess we will know soon, according to this site its supposted to hit this month, so id say within a week we should see news on it if true.
it will hit a couple of days around the patch.
 

Slacker

Member
Nov 14, 2006
4,890
17
1,005
One person suggests that Sony should charge twice as much for the game (and apparently charge for updates that are currently free as well). Another suggests that they get rid of the Warhawks. Anyone want to make it a hat trick and suggest they add Poniez or something?
 

GodofWine

Member
May 8, 2008
7,383
2
0
Oh god, If I can snipe from a jet pack...oh my.

Oh wait..If I can jet pack and land on top of a flying dropship and attach landmines and fly away right before they go boom....oooohhhhh
 

NIN90

Member
Apr 13, 2008
11,441
1
0
Germany
Didn't they say you don't need any DLC to accomplish all trophies?
I don't see how that's possible with those Jetpacks...
 

BeeDog

Member
Aug 2, 2007
15,495
0
0
Sweden
The Incognito guys are fucking retarded if they don't eventually release all these booster packs for free. All they do is splinter the community, especially when PSN cards still aren't available in a lot of places.
 

womfalcs3

Member
May 11, 2007
5,498
583
1,250
dhelfric said:
Didn't they say you don't need any DLC to accomplish all trophies?
I don't see how that's possible with those Jetpacks...
No. There are trophies you can only get through the packs. You don't need the DLC, however, to get the trophies required to get the platinum trophy.
 

NIN90

Member
Apr 13, 2008
11,441
1
0
Germany
womfalcs3 said:
No. There are trophies you can only get through the packs. You don't need the DLC, however, to get the trophies required to get the platinum trophy.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up.
 

Trevelyan

Member
Mar 8, 2007
2,055
0
865
Los Gatos, CA
GodofWine said:
Oh god, If I can snipe from a jet pack...oh my.

Oh wait..If I can jet pack and land on top of a flying dropship and attach landmines and fly away right before they go boom....oooohhhhh
:lol :lol

Jetpacks are going to make the game crazy. I really can't wait to see how everything changes. I have nothing but the utmost confidence that Incog will pull off something really special with this.
 

gantz85

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
2,467
0
0
dhelfric said:
Didn't they say you don't need any DLC to accomplish all trophies?
I don't see how that's possible with those Jetpacks...
The base trophy pack which contains the Platinum trophy only requires the original Warhawk standalone. The add-on DLCs have their own trophies (no Platinum though).
 

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Jun 8, 2004
21,854
1
0
The hero game type they added in the latest update should be interesting to play with jetpacks...
 

GodofWine

Member
May 8, 2008
7,383
2
0
Im going to go out on a limb and guess that jet packs will have a limited range / flight time and possibly there will be a few 'recharges' as pickups to extend this.

Basically, I want to watch noobs try to span distances in the Archipelago and run out of fuel and fall into the oceans...:lol
 
Jul 28, 2007
12,490
0
0
36
CT, USA
My only gripe with all these add-ons and such is.... they are all their own game. There is no way to mix and match these things. Kind of sucks if you ask me. APCs vs Dropships vs Jet-packs vs Tanks vs Jeeps vs Turrets vs Soldier would kick ass. Instead it's just one of the first three against the rest.

Imagine playing a fighting game with a new character that you can't select because Johnny Downtheroad selected a new character from a different booster pack.... gah. Oh well. Can't complain with the support this game has been receiving.
 

Trevelyan

Member
Mar 8, 2007
2,055
0
865
Los Gatos, CA
MoonsaultSlayer said:
My only gripe with all these add-ons and such is.... they are all their own game. There is no way to mix and match these things. Kind of sucks if you ask me. APCs vs Dropships vs Jet-packs vs Tanks vs Jeeps vs Turrets vs Soldier would kick ass. Instead it's just one of the first three against the rest.

Imagine playing a fighting game with a new character that you can't select because Johnny Downtheroad selected a new character from a different booster pack.... gah. Oh well. Can't complain with the support this game has been receiving.
There are (ranked) servers with ALL in the title, meaning all the xpacs are included. I've been in plenty of games with dropships and the APC. It's really a blast.
 
Jul 28, 2007
12,490
0
0
36
CT, USA
Trevelyan said:
There are (ranked) servers with ALL in the title, meaning all the xpacs are included. I've been in plenty of games with dropships and the APC. It's really a blast.

Umm.. when did that happen? I remember ALL meant it changed from a dropship game to an APC game but never with both in the same round. If you can confirm that... I'd believe you but I'm doubting that happened...
 

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jan 24, 2007
19,101
0
0
Nashville, USA
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Umm.. when did that happen? I remember ALL meant it changed from a dropship game to an APC game but never with both in the same round. If you can confirm that... I'd believe you but I'm doubting that happened...
Ditto. Never seen those on the same map.