• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New WiiU Bundle coming?

Yawnier

Banned
If it is an actual decent bundle at a decent price, I could probably see myself getting one sometime this year.

B-Dex

I'm happy with my basic because it looks less dirty than the premium does. Premium gets dirty so quickly.

Schnozberry

$250 for a Deluxe with Mario Kart U for the holidays please.

They'll wait until MS and Sony drop their prices to figure that out, but I wouldn't say it's impossible. The Yen is pretty weak, so Nintendo might be able to afford a bigger cut than expected.

So what's the idea behind actually recalling them instead of not shipping anymore out to the stores or having an official price drop?

Tnetennba

$250 for a Deluxe with Mario Kart U for the holidays please.

I'd be surprised if they didn't announce some competitively priced bundles at E3 and then more leading into the holidays. It seems to have worked for the 3DS anyway so why not repeat it here?

So what's the idea behind actually recalling them instead of not shipping anymore out to the stores or having an official price drop?

Replacing them entirely, getting them off shelves ahead of an announcement to avoid confusion at retailers/with consumers? Systems go back to Nintendo for repurposing as a new SKU.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
I just picked up a basic for $239 total. I already had a HDD waiting. I don't see any price drop getting that good. Hope they have some sweet bundles for people though.

Heyt

Banned
I never understood why people thought this was de "bad" SKU.

I mean, unless you have interest in NintendoLand this is the one you go after since you will likely need to buy a hard drive regardless of wich SKU you get... and the extra stuff on the premium pack are worthless plastic stands. The only interesting thing besides NintendoLand is the premium service imo.

Magnus

Deluxe price drop to $300, and Mario 3D bundle for the Holiday I expect.

I'd bite. But only if the game was bundled in at that $300 price point.

Because who are we kidding; 32gb should be the absolute minimum, standard. It's a joke to even refer to it as 'deluxe'.

ec0ec0

dont worry nintendo. Once the xbone is out and everyone see what it is about, any wiiu bundle wiil sell. Microsoft is doing a good job

Top Bottom