• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New WiiU Bundle coming?

The only price I'd buy the basic at is 99.99. 8GB is just absolutely useless to me.

Also, $249 deluxe with a good game like mario and I'll buy a wiiU.

DoubleTap

Yey, I have a collector's item now. Just like those 20GB OG PS3's.

They're probably going to be re-purposed as White Deluxe models.

Replacing them entirely, getting them off shelves ahead of an announcement to avoid confusion at retailers/with consumers? Systems go back to Nintendo for repurposing as a new SKU.

Right I understand that. Did Nintendo do something similar with the original DS or any of their previous hardware? I'm curious because I'm trying to understand the implications for a potential relaunch/new bundle or whatever.

Makes perfect sense with the announcement of the white premium set in Japan. This was the one no one wanted and the one that Target and Best Buy dropped to $250 on sale.

My guess is they'll swap out the 8 GB with 32 GB and repackage them.

I think $280 for the premium this holiday would be a solid price considering what your getting.

I how there's an ambassador program it was great for 3DS. I honestly rather have GBA games than GC games because I already got all the GC I want in the past five years and played them.

Bricky

The killed their own bundle; the price difference with the Premium edition was simply too small. Would not be suprised if they simply re-package them to have the same content as the Premium-box now, why would they recall them otherwise?

Right I understand that. Did Nintendo do something similar with the original DS or any of their previous hardware? I'm curious because I'm trying to understand the implications for a potential relaunch/new bundle or whatever.

Nintendo hasn't really attempted to use multiple SKU packages simultaneously until the Wii U, so there's no precedent.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Not really surprised. No one was buying the Basic, and the Premium was a much better deal.

Black also looks better :D

No one is buying any WiiU.

I wonder how this will play out. Maybe a relaunch?

Iacobellis

I'm thinking two identical SKUs for $300, and then new bundles for the holidays at around $330 each with a game included.

May be a good place to ask...does anyone have a spare copy of Nintendo Land they want to let go for cheap? My son snapped our copy in half the second day of owning our Wii U.

So what are they going to do with those units? Upgrade the storage space and repackage them? That would be so much work though...and expensive. Or do they just throw them away? WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE WII Us :(

Hiltz

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo phases out the white basic model. If it is replaced with a white deluxe version, it should probably include New SMBU instead of Nintendo Land.

wrowa

The Basic's at 200€ at Amazon.de. Wonder if should order it before Nintendo recalls it in Europe too... Who knows if the Wii U will be available as cheap again in the next months.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Kill the white model, completely change the marketing from the "white wii" concept, and relaunch it before the holidays.

Top Bottom