• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wiiware Game from Marvelous : "Discipline".

A few more details I thought were worth mentioning :

- I think the full title could be translated by "Discipline : Birth of a Tuning Empire"... ("Tuning" having the same sense as in "tuning an instrument"...Or...a brain ?)
- It is mentioned that this giant prison, "Discipline", is actually a mobile fortress...Yeah, good luck escaping from this.
- Set for release in 2009. (In all regions, I assume.)

And that's pretty much it so far. Can't wait to see more :D .

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Now this sounds interesting, and Tail of the Sun director Kazutoshi Iida? DO WANT! :D

ken_kutaragi.jpg

"You will ALL know discipline."

raviolico

so....'just' a plain announcement and a (awesome) logo? no screens? footage?
i`m curious to see what it´s look like...

And thus this is the ultimate proof that Param is no more. :(

Oh well, they only made Doshin.

I'm interested in seeing what this game is like. Is this guy part of a new company and MMV is publishing, or is he at MMV specifically working on the game?

Dascu

Hero of legend said:
What. The. FUCK. Is that green blue thing?!

I almost puked the ham sandwich I was eating, thank god I didn't. :lol
I think it's supposed to be a mutant Wiimote.

Ledsen

Hero of legend said:
What. The. FUCK. Is that green blue thing?!

I almost puked the ham sandwich I was eating, thank god I didn't. :lol

To me it looks like a rabbit wearing a suit, seen from behind.

larvi

Dascu said:
I think it's supposed to be a mutant Wiimote.

Wouldn't have guessed that, after seeing the bird in the previous screen I thought it was the head of a parrot at first glance.

king zell said:
Ooh, thanks for that. Looks really intriguing. I wonder how this weird controller is going to be used (from the article it's apparently still a secret). Can't wait to see that "impressive" PV they are talking about too. For the record, Iida also mentions that his idea for this game has been in suspend for around 6 years...So much for ripping off Portal then :p .

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Really nice logo. I have no idea what's going on those screens, but it has my attention.

Mdk7

Stormbringer said:
A few more details I thought were worth mentioning :

- I think the full title could be translated by "Discipline : Birth of a Tuning Empire"... ("Tuning" having the same sense as in "tuning an instrument"...Or a brain.)
- It is mentioned that this giant prison, "Discipline", is actually a mobile fortress...Yeah, good luck escaping from this.
- Set for release in 2009. (In all regions, I assume.)

And that's pretty much it so far. Can't wait to see more :D .
cool, i get a nice Tsutomu Nihei/Giovanni Battista Piranesi vibe from the logo. ;)

The screens are totally WTF!?! tough.

Dascu

Mdk7 said:
cool, i get a nice Tsutomu Nihei/Giovanni Battista Piranesi vibe from the logo. ;)

The screens are totally WTF!?! tough.
Not a day goes by that I don't lament the lack of a BLAME! game.

ultim8p00

Banned
The tall buildings give me a strong adventure vibe and the title gives me a strong bondage vibe...so bondage adventure game?

Rated AO. There are seven "slaves" you have to search for in a gigantic castle and "pleasure" them. Collect milk jugs strewn about the level to level up. Final level is all seven "slaves" lined up and you have to...eurgh wtf is wrong with me

D-Pad

Sounds interesting. Screens are a bit confusing though...

ultim8p00 said:
The tall buildings give me a strong adventure vibe and the title gives me a strong bondage vibe...so bondage adventure game?

Rated AO. There are seven "slaves" you have to search for in a gigantic castle and "pleasure" them. Collect milk jugs strewn about the level to level up. Final level is all seven "slaves" lined up and you have to...eurgh wtf is wrong with me

No keep going.

Rotanibor Eht said:
I am willing to call GOTY right now, based on that logo right there.

lol, its funny how just one image of a game, whether that be a screenshot or even logo can make you say "Day 1 purchase".

I can remember reading edge years ago and they had a tiny rumour spot that basically announced nintendogs. It had the title, one screenshot and a couple of sentences. I thought to myself that this would be the next pokemon (sales wise), and I was right.

Top Bottom