• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wiiware Game from Marvelous : "Discipline".

122353134400.jpg

Kazutoshi Iida (Doshin the Giant) is apparently involved. Keyword is "海亀文庫" ("Sea Turtle Library" ?...Uh ?)

Source : http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/archives/2008/10/post_961.html

Marvelous is really picking up everyone else's slack on Wii. Their involvement is enough to get me wanting to hear more on this one. Cheers to them.

Ydahs said:
Is MMV having a conference?
Yep, should have started around 20 minutes ago, if I'm not mistaken.

Olaeh said:
Did they say what type of game this is?
I'm not sure what they said about the game at this presentation, but there doesn't seem to be any more infos reported so far... I'll look for more details though.

justchris

Hmmm, the logo design seems like one of those dystopian-future sprawl cities. That could be an interesting environment to play in.

Ydahs

Stormbringer said:
Yep, should have started around 20 minutes ago, if I'm not mistaken
Cool. Hopefully there's videos of Arc Rise Fantasia, No More Heroes 2 and many of their other titles.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rotanibor's right, the logo is awesome.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Rotanibor Eht said:
Come on man, you can't beat that logo.
you're right, it looks like a monty python logo...

MONTY PYTHON WiiWare GAME AM CONFIRMED~!

BELIEVE

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
doomed1 said:
you're right, it looks like a monty python logo...

MONTY PYTHON WiiWare GAME AM CONFIRMED~!

BELIEVE

As long it is better than that awful PC game. I really hated that when I was a kid.

Station42

Doshin has some good idea, but I can't honestly say it was a good game overall...a side from that, this logo is pretty good, reminded me of those structures "laputa" like.

AlternativeUlster said:
As long it is better than that awful PC game. I really hated that when I was a kid.

There were three. At least. Which one are you talking about? Complete Waste of Time, Quest for the Holy Grail, the The Meaning Life?

From this document, seems like the story revolves around a character (the player), which takes part to some kind of tests within a giant, high security facility called "Discipline". This character soon discovers that these "tests" , which aren't merely simulations, hide a dreadful truth, and he soon seeks to escape from this facility which is retaining him against his will...

That sounds interesting.

Dascu

Stormbringer said:
From this document, seems like the story revolves around a character (the player), which takes part to some kind of tests within a giant, extremely high security facility called "Discipline". This character soon discovers that these "tests" , which aren't merely simulations, hide a dreadful truth, and he soon seeks to escape from this facility which is retaining him against his will...

That sounds interesting.
:eek:

Interest +10
This sounds awesome.

raviolico

Stormbringer said:
From this document, seems like the story revolves around a character (the player), which takes part to some kind of tests within a giant, high security facility called "Discipline". This character soon discovers that these "tests" , which aren't merely simulations, hide a dreadful truth, and he soon seeks to escape from this facility which is retaining him against his will...

That sounds interesting.

the cake is a lie?

Nocebo

Stormbringer said:

That sounds interesting.
Sounds like that one game with the portals... what's it called again?

Wurm

Banned
Stormbringer said:

That sounds interesting.

Sounds like I played it last year as part of Orange Box.

Will wait to see what the gameplay is like, I presume, not involving certain inter dimensional wall-gates.

raviolico

this logo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> new RE5 trailer >>>>>>>>> R-Type Dimensions on XBLA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest of TGS so far for me.

Top Bottom