• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New World & Shitty FPS

iHaunter

Has anyone played the New World Beta yet? I installed it last night, at 1440P/60 FPS cap I'm struggling to get past 50 FPS in most areas. All my benchmarks are in the top percentile. I'm going to do some more testing as I just finished my build. But my temps are solid even with OC. I'm playing on Ultra everything. People in the chat were getting 100+ FPS on ultra/1440 with 2070s, etc. Am I bottlenecked somewhere? I'm in the office so I can post benchmarks later. Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing bad FPS playing this specific game. If this is a bad use of a new thread, mods can merge into another.

Spec:
i9 9900k (5.0GHz OC 55C while playing the game) **360 MM LC**
32GB 2800 mhz RAM
2TB NVMe 970 EVO (322k IOPs)
3080 TI (18% OC **68C** while playing the game)

Did you buy RAM in single-channel, dual-channel, or quad-channel kits?

I had lower FPS in all my games compared to people with the same specs before I upgraded to dual-channel memory. I bought single-channel because I haven't looked at memory benchmarks since 2009.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

The people in chat were probably just liars/idiots. Or they mean the highest fps they got, for a few seconds. Someone on here once told me they can run RE2 Remake at native 4K, max settings, with an average fps of 120 on a 2080 lol they were either a liar, idiot or didn't play the game in full.

th4tguy

Is it really, wow. Ive heard multiple times, while graphically it excels, its an absolute nightmare to code with.
Yeah Amazon bought the rights to branch off cryengine and now call it lumberyard. Tons of work has been put into the engine but it’s still difficult to work with.

DeaDPo0L84

I was pretty high on this game during the first beta granted I'm not a mmo veteran. The more I dug into it the more issues crept to the surface, so much so I canceled my pre-order and decided I'll be skipping it at launch as there are games releasing I feel that better deserve my time.

iHaunter

Did you buy RAM in single-channel, dual-channel, or quad-channel kits?

I had lower FPS in all my games compared to people with the same specs before I upgraded to dual-channel memory. I bought single-channel because I haven't looked at memory benchmarks since 2009.
Hey,

CPU-Z says 32GB Dual Channel. Glad it's not just me.

8BiTw0LF

Banned

Be Safe Watch Out GIF by Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History

Top Bottom