• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW Xbox Live Experience - November (Proof Within)

Hawk269

Sorry if this was posted already...

I was looking around the Xbox Live Market Place and they had a new banner at the top of the screen for Rock Band 2. It was a banner for the Rock the World Play & Win contest. I decided to click on it and a menu of items came up. On the bottom of the list was the "New Xbox Experience (NXE)".

When you highlight this tab, it says "Check out the New Xbox Experience coming in November!". When you click on it it has two sub-options, New Features and Watch Videos. The first is just a written list of the updates and the 2nd is videos from E3.

I know there has been no "official" release date, but this is MS's own service and according to that the NXE will be out sometime in November.

If you want to verify it go to the market place. Since the banners are random just hit your left bumper or right bumper to scroll...eventually, the Rock Band 2 banner will show up and within it contains the information I posted above.

Darn. When I saw the dashboard ad that mentions that Live will be down on the 29th, but to "stay tuned for news on new features" I started to think it might actually show up really soon. Like before October.

manzo

November? I was hoping for early october. :(

I want to install Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect damnit. :(

Kafel

Banned
27394e8808ef35030ab0c728c7df6e6320080924063706.jpg

91315e367bd4a0d1bb55320c0fa2641e20080924063706.jpg

kuYuri

Considering MS has had their last few updates late, I wouldn't be surprised to see the NXE as late as late november to early december.

GhaleonEB

a Master Ninja said:
Darn. When I saw the dashboard ad that mentions that Live will be down on the 29th, but to "stay tuned for news on new features" I started to think it might actually show up really soon. Like before October.
The code they demoed at PAX was really creaky. As soon as MN pulled it up, it was clear that this was still a ways off.

Hawk269

Kafel said:

Thanks for posting those pics Kafel. This is Gaf, so even though it is in the marketplace, I am sure there would of been some folks that would of said "B.S." or like the poster above stating that he does not see it....

Go into the marketplace and pick "New Arrivals"...it will be on the top.

manzo

GhaleonEB said:
The code they demoed at PAX was really creaky. As soon as MN pulled it up, it was clear that this was still a ways off.

This just makes the wait even longer. :(

My new car is arriving on the 15th of October and now this is coming in November...

I hate waiting. :(

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Sounds reasonable. I imagine they will want it live by Black Friday, when they expect to sell a ton of 360's. This would be a good way to welcome in the new 360 owners. I thought the last update arrived first week of December, so it's close enough.

This shouldn't be taken as gospel, as it's EA/Mtv's marketing department, not Microsoft, but it's better than nothing.

bryehn

So basically I have until November to get a 120 GB HDD. I assume the install option is coming along with NXBE...

Aladuf

Banned
bryehn said:
So basically I have until November to get a 120 GB HDD. I assume the install option is coming along with NXBE...
Yeah, but this week at Gamestop they have a coupon for 20% off of used games and accessories so you could pick up a used 120 GB HDD for $90 roughly if you have an Edge card along with the coupon. That's how I got mine when they had the same coupon a few months ago.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So 360 goes from being a fantastic console to being the greatest console ever in November! :D

pr0cs

November... dammit.
I'm looking forward to NXE as much as many of the Fall games this year. And I'm not even in the USA where I could get NetFlix. I'm just hoping it breaths a lot of new life in some of my old games.

Top Bottom