• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Promotion (75$ Online Credit)

Hmm... I have an unopened Xbox One that I was thinking of opening but was planning to return, but $75 more off and I'll keep it

(P.S. to any MS employees, my gamertag is videotape23 ☺)

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I'm going to have to boot up my X360 and see if I got this, and if I did, I'm using the free cash to get Forza Horizon 2.

Nothing here. Been gold for over 7 years and havent let it relapse at all. Gamerscore over 200,000 so I dont think that stuff matters.

I bought an xboxone a week ago and didn't register the warranty yet, how do I get this? I am in Canada and have played it for 5 - 6 hours.

Yup. Got this on my dashboard. If it's to select people, then they should easily also know that I already have an xbox one. It's like mocking at the price I got it for.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So much confusion here and yet no official word from Microsoft regarding this. This thing is no longer on my dashboard. Don't know what to make of this now.

Do we just forget about it now?

Shady859

Turned on my 360 to see if I got it and sure enough nothing there. Guess they didn't notice i've had XBLG for 10+ years continuous on the same account but no XBone attached to it.

Not that I have any plans to buy one. BF better bring out some crazy deals to win people back.

Aggrotek

Yea Gold member for 7 or 8 years, nothin. Lame. I was gunna get one soon regardless but this would have been nice..

H3xum

As a Day One fool, it's a real let down that there are all of these promotions and price drops and we don't get any recognition

It's great that they're trying to get it in more peoples hands, don't get me wrong, but don't forget us chumps.

So much confusion here and yet no official word from Microsoft regarding this. This thing is no longer on my dashboard. Don't know what to make of this now.

Do we just forget about it now?
Yeah, it's a bit odd. They don't even have an official statement about it?
Article on Forbes

"Microsoft tells me they’re currently drafting a finalized statement for release to the public, and did not deny the existence of this promotion (meaning it’s legit as opposed to being photoshopped). Keep an eye on this article and I’ll update it with the details as soon as they cross my desk."

Az987

all good things
Nothing for me but I did get a code for episode 1 of the walking dead season 2 in my messages for some reason.

Fox Mulder

This probably shows that the Kinectless Xbox One isn't doing as well as they hoped.

how did they expect it to do anything in the summer drought?

if the retailer sales around titanfall didn't turn you on, you might as well wait for the holidays for better deals than $399 with nothing.

Still, i dont think $75 in digital credit for their store is alot for MS if it drives a console sale and further seeds your investment in their ecosystem. It's not like a real price drop.

Looks like it's saying "Buy and Xbox One, then get a $75 code." Not "Get $75 off an Xbox One."

Well it's effectively the same thing. Chances are that someone who takes advantage of this deal is going to buy a game or two for their new xbox one. At the end of the day they save $75 one way or another. Unless of course they're just buying an xbox one to look pretty in their entertainment center...

KyleCross

Shit! I bought one 3 weeks ago. It's like the deals and promos have just been rolling out since I've bought all the new systems.

iso135

Any chance this is still a thing if I didn't get the message? Just bought an Xbox One (yesterday) and would love to take a chance at getting the $75 credit.

I did not see the message on my xbox 360 :(.

geordiemp

Wouldn't they have done this last month then?

MS brought out a kinectless SKU.

It would make sense for them to assess the market view and acceptance of that before making the next move.

The timing of the 75 $ is a probably just enough gap after the last SKU move...

Kusagari

Hope MS is enjoying all the people skipping out on buying a Bone with the Target deal because this promotion was only for random people.

Kolgar

I called Xbox Customer Service today to inquire about this promotion. A long-time Xbox owner with a 60K Gamerscore, I'd all but dumped the brand after the Xbone unveiling but the 15%-off electronics coupon at Target piqued my interest.

That, plus this $75 marketplace credit, might have pushed me over the edge to buy a 'bone at least as my tertiary console.

The rep, who, to his credit, spent a considerable amount of time talking with me, said the deal is only for select customers and nobody knows why. It's just something that was handed down to them and they don't know why specific people were targeted. Furthermore, it's not something they are able to grant to people who inquire, though there have been a significant number of calls.

Sounds like a dumb move by the marketing department. More probably, a limited test to see what they can do to stimulate demand; but as a long-time Xboxer who's still pissed at how badly they've bungled this generation, I can tell you it only annoys me more.

I won't be buying that Xbone today, and in fact, I think now I'll make Microsoft work that much harder to try and bring me back onboard.

I already have a PS4 and a Wii U, and the money's probably better spent on a new gaming PC anyway. Thanks for making my decision easy, MS!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Why are people still saying its for random people? this promotion is dead. I saw it on my dashboard and now its gone, now what proof do I even have that I got this promotion at the first place lol and no sign or hope that I will ever get that $75 even if I buy a new Xbox One again. I believe this thing itself was a mistake? Did anyone have a conformation of people who got this will get $75? Until then, this promotion is dead on arrival.

Chris R

Hope MS is enjoying all the people skipping out on buying a Bone with the Target deal because this promotion was only for random people.

Yep, if this was live I'd be buying an Xbone. $60 + $75 = $265 Xbone. I wouldn't even wait for a refreshed slim model if that was the case.

ShocWave

Neo Member
Dell has $100 credit for Xbone and PS3 right now.
However, they bundle Xbox live for $40 extra, so you only save a net of $60.
But hey, this is available for everyone, and you get 1 year of live at a slight discount.
For those who actually got the offer from Microsoft, you get to stack it :D

jacobeid

Banned
Did anyone actually ever get their credit?

I received the promotion and I still haven't gotten my credit. CS is of absolutely no help at all.

Top Bottom