• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Promotion (75$ Online Credit)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So I just turned on my Xbox 360 to play some Halo. And guess what I saw

EtaosiB.jpg

EDIT

Looks like its only for selective people. Though I already have Xbox One, so I don't know if this is just a random give away to random people? And I am in Canada.

ULVaRVb.jpg

You can pretty much buy any upcoming games free of cost.

lock it if sold out

my first thread on GAF. So cut me some slack people

Lemstar

If you can stack it with other promos, Titanfall is $20 at Best Buy this week when purchased with an XB1. If nothing else, you can flip that for a $20 profit.

lol my first thread on GAF. Cut me some slack people

There's way too many reasons why your first thread sucks. For starters, try taking the picture without flash next time!

Ha ha, just kidding. Congrats on a great first thread! A $325 One is pretty tempting, but I have a decent PC rig and a Wii U to hold me over for a while. (Not to mention PS360 backlog). Wondering what kinds of deals Microsoft is going to push in the next several months, potentially culminating in some killer, irresistible Black Friday stuff.

BeforeU

There's way too many reasons why your first thread sucks. For starters, try taking the picture without flash next time!

Ha ha, just kidding. Congrats on a great first thread! A $325 One is pretty tempting, but I have a decent PC rig and a Wii U to hold me over for a while. (Not to mention PS360 backlog). Wondering what kinds of deals Microsoft is going to push in the next several months, potentially culminating in some killer, irresistible Black Friday stuff.

I was going to take a pic without a flash, but I was going to end up editing the pic to remove my gametag. Then I thought, the flash already did that for me lol. So I didn't retake.

Kaydan

Banned
Saw it too on my 360. I'm guessing pretty much everyone is eligible since I've had my 360 for less than 6 months. Already have an Xbox one though.

So uh I wonder if people who purchased it prior to this could get in on it?

From the Xbox Forums

I logged onto my xbox 360, and saw a large ad offering me a 75$ xbox promotional code with the purchase of an xbox one. I already had purchased an xbox one in the first week of release. so I went on the xbox support chat to inquire about getting the promo code for my xbox one. they assured me it was an option and gave me customer supports number. so I called them and after 45 mins on hold and being shuffled around, I was told to post in xbox rewards forum to be given a code. and then now they've told me to post in this forum.

No guarantees but probably worth a shot. Does kind of sound like he's being shunted around to hopefully stop him from getting it but it's $75...

BeforeU

Not sure if you are serious. A Black Friday promotion easily offer over $100 discount.

Within first year of its release? no way. They might throw in a free copy of a latest game. That's still different than giving out 75$ to buy anything on marketplace.

Lynn616

I was waiting for the white Sunset Overdrive bundle but with this I could get a free copy of Destiny. Good deal.

SZips

So uh I wonder if people who purchased it prior to this could get in on it?

From the Xbox Forums

No guarantees but probably worth a shot. Does kind of sound like he's being shunted around to hopefully stop him from getting it but it's $75...

That's rather incredible that they would make good on that from a system purchased that long ago. I wonder just how busy their support lines are going to be tomorrow once this news starts to spread.

kuYuri

Is there anywhere to find more info about this deal? Going to the link in that pic just leads to the generic Xbox One info page on xbox.com.

It must be a new offer that they haven't gotten around to explaining yet.

BeforeU could you possibly click further into the promotion to see the terms and services part? Curious if it lists available local retailers that will be participating in this offer

Chobel

BeforeU could you possibly click further into the promotion to see the terms and services part? Curious if it lists available local retailers that will be participating in this offer

Yeah, I still think there's must be some catch.

coldone

Is there anywhere to find more info about this deal? Going to the link in that pic just leads to the generic Xbox One info page on xbox.com.

It must be a new offer that they haven't gotten around to explaining yet.

It is for existing XBL Gold customers. MS is sending it to certain group of existing customers. This is not for every one.

statham

need more info, this plus the ebay deal (titanfal bundle for $430) may get me to purchase a second unit.

Top Bottom