• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total bullshit. TOTAL.

MS' original plan was maximum monetization of the console which meant killing used games, forced inclusion of kinect, a $500 price, gimped performance, and shifting the focus away from gaming towards TV and integration into the Windows app ecosy;stem.

There is zero reason to believe that Sony was going to do this, and we know Nintendo didn't do anything like that. So even if there was a mole in eeither of those companies, what exactly was he going to be divulging? 8GBs? Driveclub delay? Nintendo releasing weak hardware with a gimmicky controller?

Actually, the paid online is the one thing that could have raised some ire But even that doesn't compare to what MS' braintrust attempted with x1. If there is a perception of the x1 as a mess of a product, that is because it is a mess of a product.

This rumour suggests there may have been reason.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

People conveniently forget that PS4 offline play was confirmed at the February event.

Maybe, but their silence between reveal and E3 was deafening, surely they would have made it very clear from the start.

And you ignored how their silence all the way up till E3 allowed them to deliver a haymaker punch at MS at America's biggest gaming conference.

It was a clear tactical strategy, leveraging the great concerns that's been piling up over the weeks, and months... in combination with the killer price point.

SnakeEyez

Maybe, but their silence between reveal and E3 was deafening, surely they would have made it very clear from the start.

Did u hear the uproar they received when they announced it at E3? It would've been stupid if they came outright and said it, would've missed out on so much hype.

todd360

Why are people still debating this? Sony didn't even have to decide to not screw over there consumers because they aren't stupid enough to think 24 hour check ins would gain them gamer good will.

mclem

I think a lot of these issues are being caused by the abrupt removal of the original DRM.

It really *shouldn't*. Which isn't to say it isn't, but that's a rather strange design if it was possible for it to impinge on the UI functionality like that.

People conveniently forget that PS4 offline play was confirmed at the February event.

And you ignored how their silence all the way up till E3 allowed them to deliver a haymaker punch at MS at America's biggest gaming conference.

It was a clear tactical strategy, leveraging the great concerns that's been piling up over the weeks, and months... in combination with the killer price point.

Did u hear the uproar they received when they announced it at E3? It would've been stupid if they came outright and said it, would've missed out on so much hype.

I'm not saying it's true, just challenging the notion of there being "zero reason" to believe it happened.

Raguel

Let's wait until PS4 releases. As far as WiiU goes, just imagine if someone was revealing the abysmal state of the OS before the console's launch or how multiplatform games would perform on the platform before it was out etc. It would render Nintendo's marketing job pre-release a lot more difficult.

As far as the things that you listed as negative of Xbox One, they're not inherently negative, just something not for you.

hahahaha. Not inherently negative? forcing gamers to check in every 24 hours? Locking gamers out of playing their games if they didn't check in? Making them go through retarded amounts of loopholes to play used games or a game borrowed from their friends? Forced kinect to consumers who didn't want it? Forced integration of multiple media/social services that few gamers cared about? haha. Yeah, its not negative. Just not something for me. And like 90% of gamers. That's why MS kept most of them. Oh wait, they didn't. They did a complete U-Turn.

MIlky1985

Banned
Sony enjoys higher market share in places where internet is harder to procure. It makes ZERO sense.

Sorry but there was still reason to suspect that they were planning something. Yes it makes no sense cause of market share, but it made no sense to do the idea anyway, but MS were still going to try it.

The reason people (myself included) suspect that there were plans to do this before they got reverted is because of publisher actions. I could see no way the publishers would happily drop online passes etc (which they did less than a week after MS announced there retarded plans) unless both companies were planning on doing it. If it was a 70/30 split in terms of Xbox to PS3 userbase then maybe i could see it, but the split wasn't really anywhere near that and in many ways Sony were ahead on consoles. Why would they removed the online pass from a system if the stupid ideas were not going to be implemented on both (and there's also EA's falling out with Nintendo, the plan was very anti Nintendo ethos so I still think this had something to do with it. Before you pipe up with its due to sales, this was BEFORE sales were know, it was during launch, which actually went quite well)

I'm very very glad i was wrong with this, but to say it made zero sense is silly. The idea that they were going to do it made some sense not from Sony's actions, but Ubisoft, EA and the others actions.

Most people like myself are glad that they didn't go ahead with it, regardless of if they planned to or not, leave it at that.

Maaseru

Banned
Is Dead Rising 3 going to be on PS4, or KI, or Halo 5? Or any other cool XBO exclusive?

No?

Argument settled, at least for me. I'm in it for the games and XBO has some good ones, even better launch than PS4. Sure there will be some issues as with every console launch, but I doubt a huge disaster and I doubt they will not deliver.

All the complains are just excess hate and stupid spy conspiracies, as if MS or the governmaent cared about your FB status or what you instagram unless it is in some way harmful. They delete it without even caring.

I also resent PS4 because it got a free pass by just riding MS bad PR nad people think they are some sort of saint now,so just wait for it....wait for it!!! lol

R3TRODYCE

Is Dead Rising 3 going to be on PS4, or KI, or Halo 5? Or any other cool XBO exclusive?

No?

Argument settled, at least for me. I'm in it for the games and XBO has some good ones, even better launch than PS4. Sure there will be some issues as with every console launch, but I doubt a huge disaster and I doubt they will not deliver.

All the complains are just excess hate and stupid spy conspiracies, as if MS or the governmaent cared about your FB status or what you instagram unless it is in some way harmful. They delete it without even caring.

I also resent PS4 because it got a free pass by just riding MS bad PR nad people think they are some sort of saint now,so just wait for it....wait for it!!! lol
1jn53.png

No?

not sure if serious?

No?

This is just sad.

You should go where the games you want and your friends are, buddy.
You don't need to be so butthurt (bitter) about it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Maaseru when you start 'resenting' a inanimate device like a console, it's time to back away from the forum for a bit.

Same also goes for people actively rooting for a gaming device to fail.

QaaQer

Let's wait until PS4 releases. As far as WiiU goes, just imagine if someone was revealing the abysmal state of the OS before the console's launch or how multiplatform games would perform on the platform before it was out etc. It would render Nintendo's marketing job pre-release a lot more difficult.

As far as the things that you listed as negative of Xbox One, they're not inherently negative, just something not for you.

And just about anyone dropping $500 for a games console, which is why MS has been scrambling the last 6-ish months trying to redo everything, because they made a mess of a product that their target market did not want.

But you are right, those things aren't inherently bad. Amazon has a a $99-$149 console coming that I'm sure will feature many of the same things that MS was going for with X1. It won't be a mess of a product, there will be no backlash, and they won't be killing their employees with forced overtime trying to redo everything near release.

JHall

No?

Halo has gone to shit. The last good Halo game was Halo 2.

Bundy

Banned

No?

This is sad to watch/read.... :(

scoobs

No?

I resent the PS4 because the Xbox 1 tried to screw me over with DRM, costs more, and is less powerful. logic.

Damn you playstation for not attempting to screw me over, damn you.

They did, when Shu said in February PS4 would support used games.

But since so many people are ADHD gremlins and have to be reassured the same damn thing every three minutes, and need everything spelled out in big bold neon letters like a children's book, they had already forgotten that quote a week later and just took the silence as confirming Sony was doing DRM.

It's instances like those where the public really needs to blame themselves.

Kane1345

No?

Really?...sigh

QaaQer

Are we really back to the "Sony was going to do it too" fantasy?

That shit was cleared months ago. Get over it.

No doubt.

I'm sure Sony considered it for about 5 minutes before realizing what a cluster fuck it would be. MS on the other-hand, hubris + hyper-competitive alpha-male leadership = X1 original vision.

I'm starting to think that Vita TV might be their version of the Amazon box tho.

No doubt.

I'm sure Sony considered it for about 5 minutes before realizing what a cluster fuck it would be. MS on the other-hand, hubris + hyper-competitive alpha-male leadership = X1 original vision.

I'm starting to think that Vita TV might be their version of the Amazon box tho.

I can't see the Amazon box really going anywhere, personally.

Between the roku and similar as media boxes, the ps3 and 360 which will be getting cross gen ports for two years and have massive libraries, and the vitatv which has the ps1/psp/vita library and is a remote ps4....who is the audience for this?

artist

Banned
I have 100% faith in Microsoft... I feel I am part of the few on this forum.

If they have issues, so what. As long as it doesn't kill my system or cause me having to spend more money.

When I buy an Xbox One, its not just for the moment, its because I buy into the future vision of what Microsoft sees. I am not a "hardcore xbox" guy. I thoroughly enjoy all big three. I have a 3DS xl, PS3 and a PS VITA.

I am not a "bro" "dude" gamer. I enjoy all games.

I mean come on, do you really see Microsoft dropping the ball... to the point where the system is shunned? I do not see that at all.

If they fall behind they will do something about it. They are not stupid. Whether you like to believe it or not. They are huge company, and they are generally great people behind Xbox. Albert and Larry are great members of the Xbox team. That being said, so is Phil Spencer.

I just don't get the hate, because 2 years from now, this all will more than likely be forgotten. Just like so many problems with the launch of the PS3.

I am a pro gamer, fuck wanting these companies to fail. Do you really want to live in a world where Sony is the only force for most games in the industry?
Congrats!

tickling

Banned
The reason the ps4 has got a free pass is they played a blinder at E3. they now have to live up the hype. It will be interesting to see if they follow through.

ElRenoRaven

Halo has gone to shit. The last good Halo game was Halo 2.

I'll disagree there. Halo 3 was awesome. I'd say a hair better then 2 and Reach was damn good except the armor abilities in Multiplayer. Also ODST and the Firefight mode in it were damn fun too. Now after Halo: Reach there hasn't been anymore Halo games. Microsoft ceased making those so they could make COD: Space Marine

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
If Nintendo/Sony had a similar "mole" at the company you'd have a similar perception of a mess of a product.
This forum certainly has a number of insiders who either work for Sony or know people who for work for Sony. And when things are going badly with Sony internally, the rumors certainly do fly, just as much as they have for MS. Just look at the PS3 launch - very similar volume and trajectory of rumors about hardware issues, OS development woes, etc. leading up to that launch.

They did, when Shu said in February PS4 would support used games.

But since so many people are ADHD gremlins and have to be reassured the same damn thing every three minutes, and need everything spelled out in big bold neon letters like a children's book, they had already forgotten that quote a week later and just took the silence as confirming Sony was doing DRM.

It's instances like those where the public really needs to blame themselves.

They hardly clarified though. Before the DRM removes, the Xbox One also supported used games. Until E3 it was all very much up in the air what Sony had planned in regards to DRM.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man, we're getting into screwy territory and it's only been one PS4/XB1 comparison so far. I love console launches.

Eggbok

No?

That denial lol.
42924-haters-gonna-hate-britney-spea-HTzi.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom