• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Series X Logo Trademark Application Filed by Microsoft; In Line With Xbox Velocity Architecture Logo

xbox-series-x-logo-velocity-2-e1587538422376.jpg

Microsoft has recently filed a trademark application for an all-new Xbox Series X logo.

The application was officially filed last week and is currently being initialized for examination.

“The mark consists of the word SERIES in a vertical formation to the right of which appears a stylized letter X”, the description of the logo reads.

xbox-series-x-logo-trademark.png

From the looks of it, the new logo is in line with the logo that Microsoft presented last month for the new Xbox Velocity Architecture implemented in the upcoming Series X. This architecture allows for new performance capabilities and speed through the combination of hardware, the console’s custom 1TB SSD and CPU, and deep software integration, to make for richer and more dynamic living worlds.

“The CPU is the brain of our new console and the GPU is the heart, but the Xbox Velocity Architecture is the soul,” said Andrew Goossen, Technical Fellow on Xbox Series X at Microsoft. “The Xbox Velocity Architecture is about so much more than fast last times. It’s one of the most innovative parts of our new console. It’s about revolutionizing how games can create vastly bigger, more compelling worlds.”

Microsoft's next-gen console is slated for a release during this holiday season. Recent rumors suggest that Microsoft is planning to reveal more about the console next month alongside a digital E3 Showcase.

Yesterday, WindowsCentral also reported on a Microsoft event scheduled for next month. It's also been reported that Microsoft will indeed soon be announcing the 'entry-level' Xbox "Lockhart", a.k.a. the Xbox Series S.

i tend to think they got the proportions a tad wrong on the 'arms' of the X... would prefer them a bit thicker, kind of like the velocity architecture logo you show above~

Kagero

Looks slick, but at the end of the day they need to stick with a look. Can't build up brand recognition if you keep rebranding. I can't say I blame them though. Their current logo looks like it was designed by a CEO's nephew on his first day at the job.

Dory16

Banned
We're seriously making threads about logos? I thought the Sony one was a one off. Like all the Sony only one offs on GAF.

I won’t consider this a successful logo until it breaks records on Twitter 👀

Interested how they get it to look with Series S...

Probably similar to the gothic/stylized 'S' that has the sharp peaks (Like certain Castlevania covers). Just throw some blank slashes through the top/bottom.

Last edited:

VAVA Mk2

We're seriously making threads about logos? I thought the Sony one was a one off. Like all the Sony only one offs on GAF.
I'm sure this thread is partly reactionary to that in jest. There is no bigger cock waving in the world than console wars.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Logos matter but they aren’t pivotal in winning generations. One of the best consoles of all time the N64 has some of the WORST design flaws (controller joy stick, named after a chip, grey, cartridge etc.) and yet gamers have a good time with it.

Looks nice. GAF laughs at logos, but these things matter to the average Joe Q public. Also I think it's a way to be more visually appealing to the Japanese gamer.

Entroyp

In my appreciation MS is doing everything right with the XsX, even the logos lol. The only thing remaining is price and games.

I'm just calling the thing Sexbox. It's so much easier. Not sure what I'll call the Series S if it actually exists "Sessbox"?

Wow. There's actually a logo for the Velocity Architecture :messenger_neutral: Your move Sony, where's the Tempest engine logo?

They might want to show a console before they deep dive into logos for the audio software.

Caio

I'm in love with anything regarding XSX. MS show me Halo Infinite squeezing the SlipSpace Engine. I wanna be blown away.
IMO it will be more impressive than what Halo was for the first XBox ! The Halo that Devs always wanted to do but they couldn't because the Hardware/technology and the engine were not good enough.

D.Final

Banned
xbox-series-x-logo-velocity-2-e1587538422376.jpg

Microsoft has recently filed a trademark application for an all-new Xbox Series X logo.

The application was officially filed last week and is currently being initialized for examination.

“The mark consists of the word SERIES in a vertical formation to the right of which appears a stylized letter X”, the description of the logo reads.

xbox-series-x-logo-trademark.png

From the looks of it, the new logo is in line with the logo that Microsoft presented last month for the new Xbox Velocity Architecture implemented in the upcoming Series X. This architecture allows for new performance capabilities and speed through the combination of hardware, the console’s custom 1TB SSD and CPU, and deep software integration, to make for richer and more dynamic living worlds.

“The CPU is the brain of our new console and the GPU is the heart, but the Xbox Velocity Architecture is the soul,” said Andrew Goossen, Technical Fellow on Xbox Series X at Microsoft. “The Xbox Velocity Architecture is about so much more than fast last times. It’s one of the most innovative parts of our new console. It’s about revolutionizing how games can create vastly bigger, more compelling worlds.”

Microsoft's next-gen console is slated for a release during this holiday season. Recent rumors suggest that Microsoft is planning to reveal more about the console next month alongside a digital E3 Showcase.

Yesterday, WindowsCentral also reported on a Microsoft event scheduled for next month. It's also been reported that Microsoft will indeed soon be announcing the 'entry-level' Xbox "Lockhart", a.k.a. the Xbox Series S.

Really cool logo

Top Bottom