• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yakuza game starring Ichiban Kasuga press conference set for August 29

Mista

Banned
PS4-Yakuza_07-23-19.jpg

Sega will host an official announcement press conference for its new Yakuza game starring Ichiban Kasuga for PlayStation 4 on August 29 at the UDX Theater in Akihabara, the company announced.

The company is currently accepting applications for Japanese fans to attend the event. To apply, either follow the Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio Twitter accountand retweet this tweet, or players of Yakuza Onlinecan fill out this entry form. A total of 30 winners will be decided by lottery, 15 from the Twitter account method and 15 from the Yakuza Online method.

Gematsu

dalekjay

Yakuza is great.
The only thing is that is not more popular so the all the games come sooner.
All yakuzas have a good story and is the evolution of beat em ups
Also better than shenmue

EDMIX

I have complete faith in the Yakuza team. They know how to create great characters and he could be dope.

Agreed. They've done so well with the world, characters, story etc I trust them with any new character. Yakuza is more then just about Kiryu.

Kazza

I wonder how far they'll go in terms of changing the old formula and adding new mechanics. Will it be more of a departure than Judgment was, or will the play it safe and focus their creative energy on the new character?

EDMIX

Yakuza is great.
The only thing is that is not more popular so the all the games come sooner.
All yakuzas have a good story and is the evolution of beat em ups
Also better than shenmue

I feel Yakuza is better then Shenmue by default. If Shenmue was successful, you'd probably see all that support stay with Shenmue and Yakuza no exist. That being said, Yakuza's universe has a story and set of characters like I've NEVER seen in a game, as in I don't even have a close second in terms of any game with such a solid, consistent universe.

Be like

(Small kid at Ramen shop sells you Ramen) - Yakuza 7

(New leader of up and coming Yakuza crime family emerges.........its the kid from the Ramen shop all GROWN) - Yakuza 15

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Agreed. They've done so well with the world, characters, story etc I trust them with any new character. Yakuza is more then just about Kiryu.
That’s correct. I understand Kiryu’s obsession but so far RGG studio never disappointed. They got my full trust in the upcoming games

Kazza

Does this mean Kazuma is gone for good?

While he might make a cameo 10 or so years from now, yep, he's retired. Yakuza 6 was the wrap up of his story (although I seem to recall hearing some rumours or a Yakuza 0.5, but that could just have been some fan fiction I read)

TLZ

Banned
While he might make a cameo 10 or so years from now, yep, he's retired. Yakuza 6 was the wrap up of his story (although I seem to recall hearing some rumours or a Yakuza 0.5, but that could just have been some fan fiction I read)
:messenger_pensive:

Top Bottom