• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Years GAF: Resolution to knock one game out the backlog by end of Jan

cormack12

Gold Member
C'mon GAF. No big over commitments here. Just commit to knocking one game off your backlog in the first month of the new year....

I will pick Forza Horizon 4. I have like 9 achievements left for 1000/1000 before uninstall. How about you?

Great Hair

Banned
angry the simpsons GIF
INDIES
99% more free time, cuz #FUINDIES

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Alright, you're on OP. I've been saving this one for a very long time for a very rainy day.

FpODLBk.png

(the download is legit by the way, it's just not easy finding a key and file)

arvfab

Banned
As soon as I'm done with Tales of Arise, I will start one of

- Little Hope
- Hades
- Nier Replicant
- FFXII

in this order of probability.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Finally gonna get into Borderlands 3 DLC. Haven't done a single thing past the original game yet. Either that or finish Mortal Shell.

Immortals fenyx rising, started but dropped off early last year. Starting it up and having fun again and looking to beat this time.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I might go more extreme. Actually thinking of quitting gaming for good in 2022. My interest in gaming has decreased as the years passed, even more so that I have more commitments that require more of my time and attention.

Reading books (both fiction and nonfiction), studying for another degree, learning a new language (Italian), my job and family time all take priority over gaming. When I finally do get time to game, I just feel like I'm wasting time and could be putting that time to better use to improve myself and/or spend some quality time with the family.

2022 could be the year that I pack in the hobby for good.

RAIDEN1

I might go more extreme. Actually thinking of quitting gaming for good in 2022. My interest in gaming has decreased as the years passed, even more so that I have more commitments that require more of my time and attention.

Reading books (both fiction and nonfiction), studying for another degree, learning a new language (Italian), my job and family time all take priority over gaming. When I finally do get time to game, I just feel like I'm wasting time and could be putting that time to better use to improve myself and/or spend some quality time with the family.

2022 could be the year that I pack in the hobby for good.
Not even one last go through Mass Effect trilogy for the swan-song?

kalecsan

Banned
Guess it's time to finally complete that Rapelay run

For some reason, I always alt f4 the game after 20 minutes.

My New Years Resolution gaming wise is to completely forget about my backlog and just play new games moving forward. I realized the other day at work that I'll never finish older games in my backlog so I'm just gonna forget about them. 😀

intbal

Does it count if I started it a few days ago? Less than an hour into the game, so I'm going to say 'yes'.
I'll finish Risen.

Enygmatize

Neo Member
I am about halfway through Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition and my plan is to finish both it and BD2 before the end of January. I have never played either before and I am excited to play BD3 once it is fully released so I wanted to check out the old classics first.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Would love too, but I'm at that point where I have sooo many games to play that I can't really decide for one to play.

Currenrly going through Loop Hero, but after that? Dunno. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Kuranghi

I've just started Mafia: Definitive Edition, which I picked up on PS4 for £10 about six (6) months back. Really enjoying it so far (except I'm stuck on race ofc and stubbornly refusing to lower difficulty haha) but its 1440p30 on PS5 so I yearn to see it at a higher resolution + I just saw its only 17 quid on Steam right now. I could just give the PS4 version to a friend if its running okay on PC.

Benchmarks seem to indicate I could do locked 4K30 on my GTX 1080 but I'm reluctant to get into it because people talk about stuttering, anyone with stutter-pedant eyes got any experience with the PC version and a GTX 1080 (or 20/30 series equivalent)? I think the stuttering may be more when you try to run at 60fps so maybe not an issue for me trying 4K30, I just don't want to be fucking around for hours or its constantly dropping a bit below 30fps as I'd rather just play the game.

Any insight appreciated.

cormack12

Gold Member
How's it goin everyone? Making steady headway here. Knocked a few cheevos off, think the big two that will determine if I get this done will be the purchase a castle for 10 million (currently at 6.5) and reach level 200 (currently 154)

Took care of FF7R really enjoyed it.

Now I'm playing through the Adventures of Abby. Curious to find out if the game is as bad as some people say it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: K2D

FeldMonster

Decided to tackle Crysis 3 Remastered, and mix it into my weekly rotation of Halo 5, Halo MCC, and Destiny 1. Still annoyed that I can't play TitanFall 2.

Anyways, so far, it seems like a direct continuation of the gameplay of Crysis 2 Remastered for better or worse. I was hoping that C3R would make a few tweaks.

K2D

Banned
Update: Finished Death Stranding.

The first 4 or so hours after the chapter 1 doesn't do this game justice!

At the very first opportunity to get hold a bike (reverse trike), never let it go..! They open up what became the real game for me.

Afterwards you obtain other means of easing the hiking part of the game.

I'm sad to see how much crap this game has been getting, inevitable as it may be in this time and age.

Top Bottom