• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Yume Nikki project announced! (and Yume Nikki Steam release)

Battlechili

Banned
How there's still no thread on this is baffling to me.

The cult classic 2004 RPGMaker game, Yume Nikki, is now on Steam!
And alongside the Steam release is an announcement and countdown to another Yume Nikki project.
NumKUpY.png

The Yume Nikki project and countdown site is here. As of now, the countdown will end on January 25, at which time presumably we will know what this new project is. Curiously, its on Kadokawa's website, which implies that the title will not be self-published, whatever it is.

Last edited:
Talk about unexpected announcements.

They game already received a manga and light novel adaptations a few years ago (and that was also out of the blue) so I wonder what this this new project will be about.

Shifty

Huh. I always found Yume Nikki really interesting as a thing, but the actual gameplay always seemed so directionless and transient.

I'd like to see a new game with similar style and themes but a more defined structure.

LiamExe

Talk about unexpected announcements.

They game already received a manga and light novel adaptations a few years ago (and that was also out of the blue) so I wonder what this this new project will be about.
The url for the countdown has 'gamecountdown' in it, which is pretty promising and leads me to believe it's not going to be another light novel or manga project. A remake iterating and polishing up on what made the rpg maker title so great, or a full blown sequel would be pretty awesome.

Unless it's a card game or something, lol, but let's be hopeful

Top Bottom