• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zealand Teacher Punches Student for Teasing His ‘Paedophile Moustache’

Bullet Club

New Zealand Teacher Punches Student for Teasing His ‘Paedophile Moustache’

The teacher allegedly asked the 13-year-old if he wanted a smack in the face, to which the student replied "yes, right here".

A New Zealand teacher has been charged for punching a student in the face after the 13-year-old said he had a "moustache like a paedophile would".

The unnamed male teacher was playing touch football for the college social team at the time of the incident—which took place in 2018—while the student watched from the sideline. A statement from New Zealand’s Teaching Council this week revealed that as “Teacher K” came off the field “Student B” accused him of having a pedophile moustache. Teacher K then approached the student and asked him if he wanted a smack in the face—to which the student replied, “yes, right here” and pointed at his cheek.

“Teacher K then punched Student B once with a closed fist,” the statement reads.

The teacher reportedly walked away after hitting the teen, before coming back over and saying “you're not laughing now”. He has since been charged with assault by police and referred to the Teaching Council Disciplinary Tribunal. The boy was mostly unharmed.

In his own defence, the teacher said he was frustrated that the student had continued to tease him about his moustache—the teen had allegedly made a similar comment the day before—and noted that it was upsetting as a male teacher to be called a paedophile. He also claimed to be receiving ongoing counselling and medication for depression and anxiety.

The Tribunal was ultimately unsympathetic to this defense, however, and insisted in their verdict that “a teacher needs to be above such an emotive and knee-jerk reaction”.

“Punching a child’s head is a very serious matter,” they declared. “We recognise that [Teacher K] was offended by the student’s jibes about his moustache, but just as a student cannot retaliate towards another student in this manner, neither can a teacher.”

Source: Vice

finowns

Teacher can’t control himself but I’m always happy to hear students getting smacked around. Teachers need more tools to discipline problematic students, in California you can’t even expel a student anymore or at least it’s very hard.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
The problem is that the kids these days know very well that there are fuck all of consequences. I see it very often, and it's frustrating as hell. Your hands are tied no matter how big of a shit the kid is.

I'm with the teacher on this one

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Plot twist - teacher will be revealed as an actual pedophile in the near future.
Double plot twist - "Teacher K" is Papa Papa . Now the question remains: is Matt a pedo?? He does have an anime avatar... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Anyway, the kid deserved it. Little shits these days know the worst they're going to get is a slap on the wrist. If there was some serious punishment for this type of behaviour, then the little cunts wouldn't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. Disrespecting a teacher is one thing, but doing so in such a ruinous matter is far beyond villainy. I hope he hit the kid extra hard.

This is all because there is no viable way to punish little cunts in the western education system. Here in Asia they are simply humiliated in front of the whole classroom on a daily basis until their shitty behavior self-corrects. The power of public humiliation is profound.

Last edited:

Lanrutcon

Kid can be lucky it was a punch.

If the teacher had a vindictive streak and a little imagination then he could have done far worse.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
A closed fist is overboard for an adult teacher against a 13yo. Should've smacked that dumb shit hard enough to make him cry instead.
Maybe once he turns 18 he'll get what he deserves if he insults someone to their face.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
the kid did say he would take a smack, though, a close-fisted punch usually does cause a higher level of damage & is more severe than a simple smack on the head which is probably on the same level as a slap to the face, but then the teacher might've been teased if he did an open palm slap like a girl, though, a backhanded slap would've been probably ok. i would prolly just go with a smack on the head or maybe just listen to the kid & just shave my mustache if it indeed look like a pedo mustache probably ask other people what they thought. i hope the board factored in that the teacher was playing touch football and was already hyped up and in beast mode. the article also seems kind of off who plays touch football, but Americans ?? :pie_thinking:

Airola

I don't know if it's just because I'm not a student anymore but for some reason I've increasingly more started to root for teachers who give a bit of smack to disrespectful kids at school.

Double plot twist - "Teacher K" is Papa Papa . Now the question remains: is Matt a pedo?? He does have an anime avatar... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Lol :D

No, actually Matt is both Teacher K and the student. It's a physical manifestation of Matt's psyche. A bully confronting a hardline teacher who still believes in physical punishment. It's kinda awesome to be honest. The pedo part manifests in the avatar, that's true.

Papa

Banned
I don't know if it's just because I'm not a student anymore but for some reason I've increasingly more started to root for teachers who give a bit of smack to disrespectful kids at school.

Lol :D

No, actually Matt is both Teacher K and the student. It's a physical manifestation of Matt's psyche. A bully confronting a hardline teacher who still believes in physical punishment. It's kinda awesome to be honest. The pedo part manifests in the avatar, that's true.

Damn son I got you shook.

But I like the way you think. Unstoppable force meets immovable object.

Papa

Banned
Plot twist: it's me who lost a dick because of your minus dick. :messenger_crying: Gotta project it somewhere :messenger_crying:

You’re cruising off that one joke like you’re Carly Rae Jepsen. I asked for more, not more of the same. Cmon man, lift your game. Give me what I want.

Airola

You’re cruising off that one joke like you’re Carly Rae Jepsen. I asked for more, not more of the same. Cmon man, lift your game. Give me what I want.

1) This was my second time mentioning that. Perfect evolution from the first time.
2) A joke? Reality is now just a joke for you?
3) If I'd give you what you want, we'd both be in jail.

Leprech

“Teacher K then punched Student B once with a closed fist,”
Punching with a fist is way too much but yeah i wouldnt give a singular shit if it was just a slap lol

zeioIIDX

I'm not the religious type but I grew up going to a Catholic school in Chicago until 3rd grade. The teachers were allowed to reprimand us physically. After a couple pinches to the arm and smacks to my ass with a hand/ruler for misbehaving, I straightened myself out with the quickness. Also helps that I received spankings at home as a kid anytime I acted up. I think kids just have too much liberty and they don't see consequences as much as they should. Doesn't even have to be physical but damn, at least put them in their place when need be.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Kid deserved what he got and will have learned a valuable lesson from it. Harden the fuck up, NZ.
Yeah except the lesson he learned is that he can ruin a teacher's life by being an asshole to them. Kid is gonna be extra cocky at school now.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I can't imagine why anybody would want to be a teacher.
I was going to be one after college but I decided it would suck. Turns out all school principals and school boards only care about themselves, image and not getting sued. Never have the teacher's back.

TrainedRage

Banned
I get called shit like that all the time by students. Got called a nigger this morning. Never once felt like hitting a kid.

It’s easy to just laugh it off and make some sarcastic comment back at the kid. Or I dunno maybe the teacher could just take him to the dean and get them sent home. Like any other person.

If you feel the urge to hit your students you shouldn’t be teaching.

Gargus

Banned
To be honest here, I wish more adults could punch children. Or atleast slap them once in the face for getting out of line.

Mohonky

A 13 years old calling his teacher a paedophile in public...
That kid is most likely going to make shit decisions for the rest of his life.

Tbh, probably not. We seem to be doing everything possible to remove individuals from personal responsibility as possible.

When I was in school you didnt dare even talk back to a teacher. Now days you can pretty much do whatever you want and theres jack shit they can do about it.

Cept this teacher of course.

so they aren't gonna show what that moustache looks like?

I think this is from the news article

giphy.gif

Top Bottom