• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda BotW Update 1.2.0 - voice toggle for all languages (text via system)

ReyVGM

Dual language support.

"players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages - with a different language used for on-screen text"

Starting today, players will be able to experience the game in one of nine audio languages [Japanese, English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian and Russian], with a different language used for on-screen text by downloading a free software update. To enable this feature in the Wii U version of the game, players will need to download a Voice Pack from Nintendo eShop.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170501006467/en/

C-ySqjQXoAAlz22.jpg

"Various fixes to improve the gameplay experience."

On the Switch:
Download the update, then go into the game's option. No need to change your system settings, just change the audio on the game's options. However, if you want the game's text to be in another language, you do need to change your language in the system's settings.

On WiiU, you need to download the audio pack before you can change the audio.

DavidDesu

Wow. Would much rather have Japanese audio and English subtitles, mostly cos Zelda sounds bloody atrocious. Not what I expected. For some reason Japanese subtitles feels more as it should be... Downloading now.

Blueblur1

That's neat. How many are new?

Edit: Oh wait, these languages were only in their respective versions before and are available now, right? That's awesome.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Wait, it's an update and not dlc? Does this mean I'm forced to spend however many gb it is to store 8 audio languages I don't want?

The Hermit

Spanish audio and English sub,here I go.

Btw, when is the hard mode DLC? I think I might wait for it, I am 10hr in my second run (first time was on the Wiiu, no I didn't found all shrines or koroks seeds, but got all Guardians and Ganon)

Lynx_7

Wait, it's an update and not dlc? Does this mean I'm forced to spend however many gb it is to store 8 audio languages I don't want?

If I'm not mistaken the audio files are included within the game itself already.

According to the above poster I'm probably wrong though :p

Dystify

If you're on Wii U you have to download an audio pack if you want another language. On Switch it's already part of the original file.

duckroll

Damn, Nintendo must have got wind of my anti-weeaboo rant and decided to hand me the L. Congrats to everyone who wanted this!

tiijj

Spanish audio and English sub,here I go.

Btw, when is the hard mode DLC? I think I might wait for it, I am 10hr in my second run (first time was on the Wiiu, no I didn't found all shrines or koroks seeds, but got all Guardians and Ganon)

Summer but kotaku has an article showing some stuff on the first DLC

Trial of the Sword

When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new “Trial of the Sword” challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Hard Mode

In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

oh and tingle costume lol

Reki

The latin spanish is actually pretty good, if anyone wants to use it.

What is the best: Spanish, LA Spanish or English?

A lot of players complained about Zelda in the english one. Between the other two, I would say LA spanish, but I haven't heard that much of the other to be completely sure.

Vinnk

Thank you!

It was odd that this wasn't an option from the beginning. But Nintendo did something about it. Can't think of any way to spin this negative. But I'me sure someone will try.

Top Bottom