• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Breath of the Wild trailer

movie_title_run8yuty.png

movie_title_live5fu0l.png

movie_title_guardvrusj.png

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I actually find it pretty cool but im just getting sound effects looking at the mp4 of the trailer and no music

I'm sure it will be one of my picks for GOTY but i have to say that i'm disappointed that it looks so rough. I wish Nintendo would take these things more seriously for once.
Jaggies ruin the hard work of these great artists. Even in Art-direction this game does not fully live up to its potential imo.

ckaneo

I'm sure it will be one of my picks for GOTY but i have to say that i'm disappointed that it looks so rough. I wish Nintendo would take these things more seriously for once.
Jaggies ruin the hard work of these great artists.

Example, cause my eyesight must be failing me

fastmower

IMO, it's totally soul crushing that they have a great looking Zelda, wearing the same tunic as Link, looks like Link actually, but female and she can hold the Master Sword in artwork...and yet is not playable at all. She looks great. And yet...nope. So backwards in my opinion.
Maybe she is playable and they are keeping it a secret.

Spladam

That circling/ panning shot in the last video is some great input control.

I want this game so much. Should I just buy a Wii U if I only want to play this game?

That circling/ panning shot in the last video is some great input control.

I want this game so much. Should I just buy a Wii U if I only want to play this game?

If you just want to play this game you're better off with a Switch honestly if nothing else in the Wii U library interests you.

Example, cause my eyesight must be failing me

Example of what? It looks pretty bland in a lot of shots. And jaggy as fuck.
Now, before all hell breaks loose, i'm not here to talk bad about the game, since it's one of my most beloved franchises, but goddamn i wish Nintendo would give their artists some better hardware.

ckaneo

Example of what? It looks pretty bland in a lot of shots. And jaggy as fuck.
Now, before all hell breaks loose, i'm not here to talk bad about the game, since it's one of my most beloved franchises, but goddamn i wish Nintendo would give their artists some better hardware.

I think their facebook photos have looked bad, but the videos ive seen have all looked great. I dont have a tv so im stuck in handheld mode, gotta say im not worried.

Id guess the tv mode will look worse

Shredderi

I have to admit as someone who will not be getting Switch or this game, I do like how many gameplay mechanics there seems to be in the game, both major and minor. I'm a lot more interested in Horizon's setting and open world but all the little gameplay things I'm seeing here looks pretty fun. Shame about the console price here in Finland.

Hasn't Aonuma hinted that he wants to add dlc? If she isn't playable at launch hopefully Nintendo considers making her playable via dlc. Pls Nintendo;_;

I think their facebook photos have looked bad, but the videos ive seen have all looked great. I dont have a tv so im stuck in handheld mode, gotta say im not worried.

Id guess the tv mode will look worse

Well true, it will probably look pretty fucking great on the handheld.

Frankly, I don't think I'd want DLC for this game. If there's some unbalanced or broken stuff that they really would want to get rid of, then fine. Let this try to be a complete package on Day 1. No expansions or need for story explanations or any of that nonsense. Otherwise, take what they've made here and smash all the tech into a new game.

Cloukyo

Banned
It honestly looks like Zelda will be playable during a flashback or something. I'll be surprised if she isn't.

Although I suppose nintendo will always try and keep giving Zelda that "look but don't touch" position in the series, solidifying her as the untouchable Queen of videogames.

I hope she at the very least has as active a role as she did in Ocarina and Wind Waker.

Muninn

Banned
I too think the game is just way too jaggy for its own good. I was really hoping Nintendo would adopt at least SMAA or something. I mean come on now. Jaggies are a killer for me. It just ruins things. I want to see the end product to see how bad they will be on a 42 inch. Game looks great for sure.

Eolz

They were asked multiple times about this, and they've been adamant about it. Zelda is a one dimensional damsel in distress. She can't be allowed strength and independence actually, otherwise it undermines the very canonical male Link apparently. I'm still wondering what happened with the female Link rumors we had going last year.

Oh FFS stop exaggerating already.
It's not because she won't be playable that you have to start telling lies. That's also having a pretty bad memory and forgetting how Link couldn't finish most adventures without her help.

I really hoped those discussions would end once it was confirmed there was only Link, but we'll keep getting them in every thread even when it's not related aren't we?

iFirez

I would not be surprised if this Goron scene is at the end of one of the dungeons, the background and place their stood screams shiekah to me and it looks like big parts of one of the mechanical beast can be scene just behind them (like vertebrae) and the ground their stood on looks like it too.

Top Bottom