• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Phantom Hourglass Screens

king zell

news_250507_zelda1.jpg
news_250507_zelda3.jpg
news_250507_zelda8.jpg

news_250507_zelda4.jpg
news_250507_zelda5.jpg
news_250507_zelda7.jpg

news_250507_zelda2.jpg
news_250507_zelda6.jpg

ant1532

Banned
Wow looks ****ing amazing. Looks like day/night system is in(thank god.)

And where is the time limit everyone is freaking out over? Yeah, I really think GAF just read it wrong. I'm pretty sure there isn't a time limit in dungeons.

Cdammen

king zell said:
This would look so much better in 2D. The Minish Cap was an absolutely stunning piece of software and it had a The Wind Waker look to it... why use a fugly 3D engine Nintendo? :(

Yeah, it'll be fun to play but that's no my point.

DS games normally look like shit in screens, but good in motion.
I'm surprised that this is looking really good in screens. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Dascu

ant1532 said:
Wow looks ****ing amazing. Looks like day/night system is in(thank god.)

And where is the time limit everyone is freaking out over? Yeah, I really think GAF just read it wrong. I'm pretty sure there isn't a time limit in dungeons.

There is only one big dungeon with a timelimit, namely until the hourglass runs out. You can get more sand for the hourglass by exploration, going to other islands and beating other dungeons.

temjin

Banned
Looking really, really great. I'm just hoping it plays as good as it looks :D

This would look so much better in 2D. The Minish Cap was an absolutely stunning piece of software and it had a The Wind Waker look to it... why use a fugly 3D engine Nintendo? :(
Naw. I LOVED Minish Cap's style and graphics. Actually, I loved everything about Minish Cap, but I'm really loving how this game is looking atm.

I bet that it will look fantastic in motion.

AniHawk

Cautiously optimistic about this one. On the plus side, it looks awesome and directly continues from TWW. On the negative side, stylus only (it killed Wario) and traveling in a boat.

Cdammen said:

Yeah, it'll be fun to play but that's no my point.

Fugly?

Wow.

Grampasso

Holy **** at the screens polishness (or whatever is the word :lol) :OOO

Edit:

Nuclear Muffin said:
WTF GREEN HEARTS!!!!!!

Looks awesome!

I think those are the "boat Link" life, since that's the only screen where they are green and Link's on his boat.

news_250507_zelda1.jpg

This game looks damned good to be on DS. I wonder if finally this game will stop the decline of zelda's games in Japan, thanks to the immense popularity of the DS.

NotWii

Banned
AniHawk said:
It's the biggest one though.
Shhhh, he doesn't know :p

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
This game looks damned good to be on DS. I wonder if finally this game will stop the decline of zelda's games in Japan, thanks to the immense popularity of the DS.
That's a good question...
It could sell very well since it's much less daunting than previous Zelda games (controls) and given the immense sucess of the DS.
Hopefully PH turns out to be a worthy installment to Zelda that will keep customers wanting more.

AniHawk said:
Cautiously optimistic about this one. On the plus side, it looks awesome and directly continues from TWW. On the negative side, stylus only (it killed Wario) and traveling in a boat.
It's a steam boat though. At least we don't have to control the wind anymore.

AniHawk

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
news_250507_zelda1.jpg

I hope so. I also hope Mario Galaxy sells well enough that we get to see a new platformer more than twice a decade.

loosus

Banned
Ugh. This game is exactly why the DS needed stuff like texture filtering. If it had that, and the DS could push just a few more polygons per second, we'd probably be looking at the twin of Wind Waker.

Still don't know how the game will play, though. Sounds pretty shitty, but who knows.

ZeoVGM

Banned
loosus said:
Sounds pretty shitty, but who knows.

Uh, how does it sound shitty at all?

Let me guess, WTF TOUCH SCREEN ELEMENTS. GET THAT SHIT OUT OF MY ZELDA GAME ON A TOUCH SCREEN VIDEO GAME SYSTEM.

When I played Twilight Princess, I really felt as though, EAD pulled out their penis and pissed on all other developers out there technically and artistically, and then raped them. The games lighting, scale, and sheer size is like EAD saying "look what we can do on a Gamecube", especially those draw distances. And all on 1.5GB.

After looking at these screens I feel as though they will do it again. I also think they will put even more effort in, since they haven't exactly go the appraisal they were hoping for.

Lets see what EAD can do on a mobile phone processor. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to get heatwaves over those flames. And good draw distances in too. Their programmers must be some insane MF's. good on em'.

loosus

Banned
omg rite said:
Uh, how does it sound shitty at all?

Let me guess, WTF TOUCH SCREEN ELEMENTS. GET THAT SHIT OUT OF MY ZELDA GAME ON A TOUCH SCREEN VIDEO GAME SYSTEM.
Well, I'm not a "Zelda fan" by any stretch of the imagination, so no. But nonetheless, it just sounds dumb. But like I said, who knows. Maybe they can pull it off and make it fun. I just doubt it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
loosus said:
Well, I'm not a "Zelda fan" by any stretch of the imagination, so no. But nonetheless, it just sounds dumb. But like I said, who knows. Maybe they can pull it off and make it fun. I just doubt it.

I like how you still didn't answer.

WHY does it sound dumb?

PolyGone

Banned
loosus said:

you doubt that Nintendo can make the touch screen fun, or a fun Zelda game? :lol

kammy

Banned
That looks pretty poor.

2D or bust. I want a luch 2D handheld experience not a half assed 3d windwaker,

MaddenNFL64

Wow, that looks superb for a DS game. Great job on the DS 3D Ninty :D.

Touch screen is going to be different, but after watching Ninja Gaiden (another awesome looking 3D DS game), it can be done intuitively.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The lack of sail on that boat makes me a believer in this game. Plus with the DS item switching will be super fast.

PolyGone

Banned
plagiarize said:
looks awesome.

i'd much rather a celda built ground up for the DS than 'minnish cap 2' thank you very much.

a beautiful 2d Zelda would be awesome though

zeldaALTTP.jpg

(pimping this here since the other thread is mspaints)

AniHawk

plagiarize said:
looks awesome.

i'd much rather a celda built ground up for the DS than 'minnish cap 2' thank you very much.

I'd love a Minish Cap 2, to be honest. Nintendo better not let 2D Zelda die.

AniHawk said:
I'd love a Minish Cap 2, to be honest. Nintendo better not let 2D Zelda die.

It depends. Minish Cap bombed in Japan and the GBA had a pretty large userbase.
If this Zelda is successfull, I doubt Nintendo will make other 2D portable Zeldas...

The question is, btw, what style will Nintendo adopt after Twilight Princess's bomb in Japan. Perhaps they'll return to a Link's Adventures formula....

AniHawk

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
It depends. Minish Cap bombed in Japan and the GBA had a pretty large userbase.
If this Zelda is successfull, I doubt Nintendo will make other 2D portable Zeldas...

The question is, btw, what style will Nintendo adopt after Twilight Princess's bomb in Japan. Perhaps they'll return to a Link's Adventures formula....

Nintendo didn't even keep it on shelves. And then they put ALttP under the Player's Choice logo instead. Seriously, in 2006 you couldn't find that damn game brand new anymore.

Mar

That looks ****ing incredible. Anticipation for the game up %500.

Dare I say, the best looking Zelda game after WW?

AniHawk

Mar_ said:
That looks ****ing incredible. Anticipation for the game up %500.

Dare I say, the best looking Zelda game after WW?

Main characters look great, but I've got this feeling the dungeons will look like shit.

MaddenNFL64

Would Nintendo change up the game just for Japan? Western Europe, and NA love us some ****ing Zelda damnit.

edit: By change, I mean any possible change in gameplay, art direction, storytelling etc. that will appeal broadly to a Japanese audience, ignoring the rest of the world who has supported the current revs (TWW, TP) with millions in sales.

AniHawk

MaddenNFL64 said:
Would Nintendo change up the game just for Japan? Western Europe, and NA love us some ****ing Zelda damnit.

Well they're going to do the same with console Zelda next.

Top Bottom