• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newegg: $12 off videogame pre-orders $49.99 and up (includes Wii U titles)

Promo: EMCJNNH224
Expires: October 4, 2012

I pre-ordered:

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
New Super Mario Bros. U
Scribblenauts U
Rayman Legends
Wii U Pro Controller

If you want to pre-order more than one game, you've got to put in an order separately with the promo code.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Just a note that Newegg is usually terrible at shipping games out on time...so if you don't mind waiting a few days or more after release, then this is a good deal.

Just a note that Newegg is usually terrible at shipping games out on time...so if you don't mind waiting a few days or more after release, then this is a good deal.

Yep. I don't know what happened with them, but they used to be pretty good when it came to shipping. Then again, I never ordered many games. Mostly PC parts.

garath

Ugh. I would have picked up XCOM through newegg but they have it priced at $60 for PC. It's $50 or $45 everywhere else. Dammit newegg.

What do you mean? I've never had issues with Newegg pre-orders. It's free 3-day shipping... and that's exactly what you're going to get unless you pay more for overnight. They either ship out a day before release or on the day of. I don't mind waiting 3 days - it's better than paying $65 (after WA tax) anywhere else.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Not true. They shipped out RE6 for me yesterday and it's currently out for delivery. Of course I live one state over from one of their warehouses, but they generally ship stuff out on time.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There were two instances where I preordered early, only to have my order changed to the next shipment a week or so later just days before the game is out. Another time it didn't come for a week. All used standard shipping.

Just a warnin' is all, I know some people on GAF experienced similar issues. But they'll come through eventually.

Thanks bro. Pikmin 3 is all mine
3AQmK.gif

Now if only we could stack these promo codes...

Chairhome

Gonna pre-order rayman legends and monster hunter. I'll be picking up NSMBU day one with my deluxe, just to have some variety.

Is it worth getting the Wii U Pro controller if I already have 2 Wii Classic controllers? More convenient since you don't have to carry a wii remote around, for sure, but what other differences are there? Will I be okay playing with my classic controller for wii u games, or are there gyros in the new one or something that I'll be missing out on?

I think I'm going to order Ninja Gaiden as well. Just in case Nintendo is indeed injecting their venom into it. Has there been any recent reports on the game, or has it not been publicly shown for a while?

Hiltz

Gonna pre-order rayman legends and monster hunter. I'll be picking up NSMBU day one with my deluxe, just to have some variety.

Is it worth getting the Wii U Pro controller if I already have 2 Wii Classic controllers? More convenient since you don't have to carry a wii remote around, for sure, but what other differences are there? Will I be okay playing with my classic controller for wii u games, or are there gyros in the new one or something that I'll be missing out on?

I see no real reason why the Wii classic controllers (both of them) cannot be used in games that support the Wii U pro classic controller. The only difference is that the Wii U's pro classic controller has clickable dual analog sticks. Of course, the Wii's classic/pro controller have to be plugged into the Wii remote so Wii U games have to its wireless signal in order to use it, right ?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Not true. They shipped out RE6 for me yesterday and it's currently out for delivery. Of course I live one state over from one of their warehouses, but they generally ship stuff out on time.

I would never trust them with any limited edition orders. I purchased the limited edition of Dark Souls from them and not only did they cancel the order on the day the game came out (I'd had it preordered for months), they didn't even have the courtesy to send me an e-mail to let me know they'd done so. The only way I found out was because I was wondering why I hadn't received a shipped e-mail notice. I checked my Newegg account and surprise, there was the canceled order. Just terrible customer service. It's not worth the discount for me to order from them again.

There were two instances where I preordered early, only to have my order changed to the next shipment a week or so later just days before the game is out. Another time it didn't come for a week. All used standard shipping.

Just a warnin' is all, I know some people on GAF experienced similar issues. But they'll come through eventually.

But this isn't using standard shipping, if you actually knew what was going on you would know it's free 3 day shipping....

Effect

I've had nothing but good experiences with NewEgg.

Got a different code the other day but did the same thing. So finally put orders in for Lego City Undercover, Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. NewEgg has MH Wii U listed already. I think these games will have their release dates spaced out enough. However they're being ordered just to lock in the lower price even if I change my mind later on.

Some games have a ! listed next to their release date. Anyone know what what means?

Chairhome

I see no reason why the Wii classic controllers (both of them) cannot be used in games that support the Wii U pro classic controller. The only difference is that the Wii U's pro classic controller has clickable dual analog sticks.

Cool, thanks. I pre-ordered one just in case, but I'm going to keep an eye on it and maybe cancel it before it ships if I change my mind.

suaveric

Blargh. I have all this credit for Amazon but Newegg keeps beating them in price so much. Why won't Amazon price match?

Half tempted to pre order the last of us with this. If there is a better pre order deal somewhere else, can I cancel and get my money back?

The Classic Controller doesn't have clicking analog sticks or gyros. I doubt it will work with Wii U games. I hope I'm wrong though.

I pre-ordered TTT2 from Newegg earlier. It got to my house the day of release. How did that happen? I don't know. But it was great.

Hoodbury

Nice, I didn't realize they had Monster Hunter U already listed. Got it preordered now for $47.99.

Quick question, I preordered it with a credit card that will expire on 12/12 but I'll just get an updated card in the mail soon. But since that is the card that is on this preorder and the game doesn't come out until March 2013, they won't cancel my order will they? They'll just have me update the card right?

Owzers

tempting for pikimin 3, but if i get a wii u i think its' going to Gameflying the games i want to play to balance the cost of the system.

Amneisac

Rayman used to be $49.99 (now it's $59.99) I have it preordered with a $10 code I had at the time (so $39.99) will they adjust the price if it's $59.99 when it releases or will they honor the price I got it for?

gar3

Thanks for the head's up, OP. Pre-ordered:

Assassin's Creed 3
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition [canceled BestBuy.com pre-order]
New Super Mario Bros. U
Wii U Pro Controller [canceled Amazon.com pre-order]

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
No thanks.

The chance to interact with the store clerk adds much value to the brick and morter experience. Also, it hurts Nintendo if store clerks get the false impression that wii u owners aren't getting any games with their new console due to widespread online ordering of it's games. Gamestop employees are important opinion leaders within the videogame industry.

Thanks for the head's up, OP. Pre-ordered:

Assassin's Creed 3
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition [canceled BestBuy.com pre-order]
New Super Mario Bros. U
Wii U Pro Controller [canceled Amazon.com pre-order]

A few gaffers have said the port of Batman is COMPLETE shit. Keep the order since you have the discount, but check into it before taking the plunge. Just passing the word, in case the game is a lemon.

I pre-ordered TTT2 from Newegg earlier. It got to my house the day of release. How did that happen? I don't know. But it was great.
Same here with Dead or Alive 5. It really shocked the hell out of me!
Rayman used to be $49.99 (now it's $59.99) I have it preordered with a $10 code I had at the time (so $39.99) will they adjust the price if it's $59.99 when it releases or will they honor the price I got it for?

You get it for the price you got it for originally. They'll Honor your price. I used my newegg promocode when it was 49.99 a while back as well too. This site is just Too good

Edit: Used this code for NSMBU and The Black Classic controller. This site is gonna make me broke... :( yet I'm still saving money in the end :) lol

LiK

You get it for the price you got it for originally. They'll Honor your price. I used my newegg promocode when it was 49.99 a while back as well too. This site is just Too good

indeed, Newegg is my go-to over Amazon for game deals.

Caelestis

Not true at all in my case. They say its a free 3 day shipping, but they always ship my games a day before the release and I get it on the release. When Amazon, for example, takes a week just to ship with free shipping.

As for the deal, too bad they still haven't added DJ Max for Vita to the store. I'd so pre-order it with this.

They either ship out a day before release or on the day of.

While Newegg is awesome for ordering PC parts. I've never had such luck with pre-ordering games from them. Every time I've pre-ordered a game through them it's shipped a day or two after the release date and tool anywhere from 3 - 6 days to get it. Just my experience.

jediyoshi

I would never trust them with any limited edition orders. I purchased the limited edition of Dark Souls from them and not only did they cancel the order on the day the game came out (I'd had it preordered for months), they didn't even have the courtesy to send me an e-mail to let me know they'd done so. The only way I found out was because I was wondering why I hadn't received a shipped e-mail notice. I checked my Newegg account and surprise, there was the canceled order. Just terrible customer service. It's not worth the discount for me to order from them again.

What part of that was 'customer service'? Sounds like a bad notification system.

Parallacs

Am I blind or are Wii U Pro Controllers not listed anywhere?

Bummer.

I was disappointed when the previous promos didn't work on the controllers. I was shocked that this one did and snapped it up immediately. I bet a lot of people did what I did and bought way too many for newegg to handle.

Anyways, I also got NSMB2 and ZombiU. I was suprised that ZombiU is listed as December. I could have sworn it was an 11-18 title?

Top Bottom