• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEWSFLASh!! - MORRISSEY MAKES DRUDGE REPORT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/119/119107_bush_should_have_died_not_reagan_morrissey.html

emot-siren.gif
'Bush should have died, not Reagan': Morrissey
emot-siren.gif

CONTROVERSIAL:
emot-siren.gif
Morrissey
emot-siren.gif

MANCHESTER music legend Morrissey sparked controversy when he announced Ronald Reagan's death live on stage during a concert - and then declared he wished it was George Bush who had died instead.

Thousands of fans at Dublin Castle, in Ireland, cheered when the ex-Smiths frontman made the announcement that the former American president, who had battled with Alzheimer's Disease, had passed away.

And an even bigger cheer followed when Morrissey - who is no stranger to controversy - then said he wished it had been the current President, George W Bush, who had died.

Fan Tony Murray said: "He commented about the death of Ronald Reagan and when he wished that it was George W instead the crowd went wild."

The Dublin concert was the latest leg of Morrissey's European tour, which began at the M.E.N. Arena last month when the ever-popular performer made his first appearance in the city for 12 years.

He is due to appear at the Move festival at Old Trafford cricket ground next month.

A spokesman for Morrissey's record label, Sanctuary Records, said: "We do not have a recording of the gig, but as far as we can tell, Morrissey was just alerting the audience to the fact that Ronald Reagan had died.

"He then simply followed that up with his comment about George Bush, which was his own opinion. He is no stranger to controversy."
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif

Ah, good ol' Moz.

mozcap.png

emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif
emot-siren.gif

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I just like the thought of the majority of Drudge's readers thinking "what's a Morrissey"?

Guzim

I'm looking at Billboard charts, Morrissey dropped from Number 11 to Number 45.

Quick, let's all buy!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
WEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BREAKING NEWS.

PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS, ISNT THAT CRAZY?

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

Ryck

The sad part is he's right....although I don't wish the man dead perhaps he can be incapacitated by some other means.

oh and by the way I bought only one but im getting the jewel case for my Girlfriend and the vinyl for myself if I could track it down.....

shoplifter

Ryck said:
oh and by the way I bought only one but im getting the jewel case for my Girlfriend and the vinyl for myself if I could track it down.....

don't do it! she'll break it in half!!!

emot-siren.gif
the queen is not yet dead
emot-siren.gif

Tritroid said:
What a sick twisted individual.

Atleast Morrisey only wished death upon Bush. Bush on the other hand made good on his wish to kill hundreds of soldiers in a pointless war. What a sick twisted individual.

Ryck

ouch .............I guess I deserved that.......she really is a good person though , we were going through a tough period and we actually split for a few weeks and got our shit together. That night was just a breaking point and we both needed to change alot of things.......alcohol and The Smiths just don't mix. Plus I had been acting like an ass for a while leading up to that.

Ryck

shoplifter said:
Good to hear, but I was just ribbin ya :p
I know :) just thinking about it brought shame into my heart..... I decided never to post while drunk again :D.....oh and my vinyl is secure :) she bought me most of them anyway including an un opened Strangeways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom