• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

[Newsweek] Pro-Trump Attorney Lin Wood Not of 'Sufficient Character' to Practice Law, Decides Judge

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Sep 5, 2014
USA

Bolding my own.
A Delaware Superior Court judge slammed pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood in a Monday decision, revoking Wood's right to represent ex-Trump aide Carter Page in a defamation suit stemming from the Mueller investigation.

"The conduct of Mr. Wood, albeit not in my jurisdiction, exhibited a toxic stew of mendacity, prevarication and surprising incompetence," Judge Craig Karsnitz wrote.

Karsnitz said that he is required to "ensure that those practicing before me are of sufficient character, and conduct themselves with sufficient civility and truthfulness," particularly when out-of-state counsel is selected. Wood is based in Georgia.

Noting Wood's involvement in the Trump campaign's unsuccessful efforts to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election, the judge wrote that he became concerned after reviewing the decisions made in lawsuits Wood filed in Georgia and Wisconsin courts.

He noted that the case in Georgia was "textbook frivolous litigation," which included "an error-ridden affidavit," and that the complaint Wood filed in Wisconsin "would not survive a law school civil procedure class."

"What has been shown in Court decisions of our sister States satisfies me that it would be inappropriate and inadvisable to continue Mr. Wood's permission to practice before this court," Karsnitz said. "I acknowledge that I preside over a small part of the legal world in a small state. However, we take pride in our bar."

Prior to the pandemic, I watched daily counsel practice before me in a civil, ethical way to tirelessly advance the interests of their clients," he added. "It would dishonor them were I to allow this pro hac vice order to stand."

Karsnitz also made mention of Wood's tweets, specifically one calling for the arrest and execution of Vice President Mike Pence and another against Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts "too disgusting and outrageous to repeat"—tweets which the judge said partly "incited" the January 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol.

Karsnitz said while he is "not here to litigate if Mr. Wood was ultimately the source of incitement," there is "no doubt these tweets, and many other things, incited these riots."

The decision comes three weeks after Karsnitz ordered Wood to explain why his involvement in the election lawsuits would not disqualify him from representing Page, who is accusing Oath Inc.'s subsidiary Yahoo! of "maliciously" publishing "false accusations" that Page was "secretly plotting with Russian leaders to sabotage the 2016 presidential election."

Page, a former foreign-policy adviser to Trump during his 2016 presidential campaign, was investigated by the Department of Justice but never charged in connection to the election interference.

In his response submitted last week, Wood focused on the fact that none of the conduct Karsnitz pointed too had taken place in his court.

Karsnitz wrote that Wood's response "was not helpful regarding the issue of the appropriateness and advisability" of allowing the attorney to represent Page in Delaware and revoked Wood's privilege to represent Page in the case.

Newsweek reached out to Wood for comment but did not hear back before publication.

danowat

Aug 30, 2014
A compilation of his tweets and parlers would make really uncomfortable reading.

I notice that he still hasn't given any evidence of the widespread pedophile ring he said he had evidence of, making him an accessory as far as I am concerned.

The bloke is a complete loony toon.

• Strength
Reactions: Dacon

ManaByte

Gold Member
Jun 10, 2004
California
manabyte.com
Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

showernota

Jun 6, 2020
There's a lot I don't like about this guy

"You're sitting with Lin Wood. Or has the second coming already started?" Wood is quoted as saying in the brief. "Maybe I'm already here. You want to take the risk that you might be wrong. And I might actually be Christ coming back for a second time in the form of an imperfect man, elevating Christ consciousness."

Ryujin

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2006
Dude is completely off the wall full on forgot a dose of his meds levels of crazy, but let's not pretend that this is anything other than a continued punitive revenge based partisan purging of Trump supporters/allies to try to damage and destroy them all

Last edited:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
I saw the thread title and kind of assumed this was another story that reminds me of trying to extinguish fires with gasoline. But I side with the judge on this one after reading the OP. If the lawyer's only defense to egregious conduct is it happened somewhere else, the lawyer is not going to win that argument over whether they are fit to appear pro hac vice..

Reactions: Ryujin

CGiRanger

Jun 23, 2017
If you did follow Lin since the Election, there was a clear degradation of his acuity as time went on. Ramping up more and more belligerent rhetoric and promises. None of his promises he could ever really deliver. And his rhetoric just kept going up.

I always thought he was becoming a Michael Avenniti, and it seems like he is one after all. Only difference is he did seem to be competent at his job in the past.

Ryujin

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2006
It's amazing people are still waving the persecution flag.

It's almost as if we've had a rapid escalation of censorship, cancellation, deplatforming and harassment from far left authoritarians towards anyone questioning or deviating from their religious scripture over the last 5 years especially.

Not to mention the complete deplatforming via concerted collusion and coordination between the biggest tech companies and finance companies in the world a legitimate social media platform with millions of users that was the most popular app in America simply for opposing their ideology and harbouring heathens and fugitives to the faith who committed the evil crime of wrong think.

Almost.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Aug 14, 2014
It's almost as if we've had a rapid escalation of censorship, cancellation, deplatforming and harassment from far left authoritarians towards anyone questioning or deviating from their religious scripture over the last 5 years especially.

Not to mention the complete deplatforming via concerted collusion and coordination between the biggest tech companies and finance companies in the world a legitimate social media platform with millions of users that was the most popular app in America simply for opposing their ideology and harbouring heathens and fugitives to the faith who committed the evil crime of wrong think.

Almost.

He literally called for execution of the Vice President Of The United States.

You’re not doing this right*

*Unless youre Russian in which case nastrovia comrade!

Last edited:

Ryujin

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2006
He literally called for execution of the Vice President Of The United States.

You’re not doing this right*

*Unless youre Russian in which case nastrovia comrade!

Obviously the guy is clearly off his rocker, doesn't make what I said any less true.

Reactions: Hayfield

MrMephistoX

May 18, 2007
A compilation of his tweets and parlers would make really uncomfortable reading.

I notice that he still hasn't given any evidence of the widespread pedophile ring he said he had evidence of, making him an accessory as far as I am concerned.

The bloke is a complete loony toon.

During my brief time on Parler I think my favorite was his reposting Air Traffic control photos from 1/6 of AirForce One heading to Texas for what he was hyping up as an Independence Day esque last stand with the joint chiefs against Pence. The man is nuts but entertaining in a watching a train wreck LIVE kind of way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayfield

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
Obviously the guy is clearly off his rocker, doesn't make what I said any less true.
I think this is one of those situations where it's really easy to let macro concerns distort a micro image, and we need to be real careful to avoid that if we want to avoid becoming what we are afraid of. Attornies act as officers of the courts they are practicing in, and if the judge cannot escape the belief that the attorney is not morally fit then the judge needs to do something to protect the court's decorum. I really do not believe big tech had any influence here beyond possibly owning the platform where the attorney said things he should not have, and that is not big tech's fault.

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014
So they no one would remove Lins license and will only go as far as stripping him from cases.

Remove his license. Hit where it hurts!
You will probably see that happen, but expect a licensing authority to bring a case for that before it does. Per the OP he was pro hac vice in the case he was booted in. That means he did not have a license for that jurisdiction, and the judge allowed him to practice there for that one particular case. The judge did all he can legally do I believe. But its almost a guarantee he will be subject to sanctions from any place he is licensed.

Dacon

Apr 24, 2011
Houston, Texas
Lin Wood acts like he should be in an asylum, not practicing law.

Even worse, if there was ANY truth to all that, he has actively made it more difficult for anyone to ever be able to prosecute said evildoers.

Lin has spent the last few months damaging any cause he's ever fought for.

There's a lot I don't like about this guy

This shit is downright insane.

Last edited:
Reactions: showernota

epicnemesis

May 9, 2008
He really lost me at that rally he threw with Powell. Guy is out for self promotion only. Seems like a fair judgement.

Mista K

Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
I liked him in the beginning because he showed spirit and got some results with sadmann, but as time went on it became apparent he was unhinged

fart town usa

May 31, 2009
midwest
Lin Wood is on some MK Ultra state of mind. Dude seems legit insane.

I feel bad for Carter Page though, he was completely screwed over by the government he worked for and had a good career destroyed. I'm sure he can get a job being an advisor somewhere but his name was trashed and it was all based on bureaucratic sniping. I'd be salty as can be if I were him.

LordCBH

Jun 4, 2020
I’m shocked. SHOCKED! Who’d have guessed actual insane people aren’t capable of the job?