• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nex week's Jump gaming news (DBZ next-gen, more One Piece Wii, BD DS)

duckroll

Dragonball Z Burst Limit
- PS3 and Xbox360
- Fighting game

One Piece Unlimited Cruise
- Episode 1 in Summer 2008, Episode 2 in Winter 2008
- Wii
- Action Adventure game

Summon Night 1 DS
- Release date is 24th April 2008
- Preorder bonus is an anime DVD animated by Gonzo

Blue Dragon Plus
- March 2008
- 5980yen
- DS
- Developed by Mistwalker/Feelplus
- Real time simulation RPG

Updated scans. Don't care anymore. :(

ethelred

I'm a bit disappointed because I hoped Blue Dragon DS would be another traditional turn-based RPG, but... I'm not going to write it off. I'd still like to see and hear more. I love SRPGs, and even some real time ones -- I enjoyed Revenant Wings, Growlanser II and III, and I loved the Ogre Battle series, etc. So, we'll see!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
How is it a win for Sony when there's already Sparking Neo on Wii, and BL is on both 360 and PS3??

What what what...Jump Festa announcements? Yay. FFIV mobile from Square-Enix? Nay.

I don't even know if I should hope for other SE announcements...

Dever

Banned
I would kill for a great One Piece game. I love the series, and I think it has lots of potential as a brawler like God Hand or something. So I hope this new one turns out to be decent, but I'm not holding my breath.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
What what what...Jump Festa announcements? Yay. FFIV mobile from Square-Enix? Nay.

I don't even know if I should hope for other SE announcements...

Why bother? It's just going to be a bunch of remakes and cash-in sequels. Titles like IAWW are once in a blue moon.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dbz next-gen...... kind of interested in next-gen cell shaded fighters at the moment. Now make a bleach game for ps3 damn it.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nice. While playing TenkaBudo 3 I kept telling myself "I hope they finally move to next-gen". Looks like they have! Woo!

thetrin

I would totally request a Tobal 3, but we all know Dream Factory are a bunch of washed up hacks now.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
duckroll said:
One Piece Unlimited Cruise
- Episode 1 in Summer 2008, Episode 2 in Winter 2008
- Wii
- Action Adventure game

Yeah, pretty lacking on info for the games so far, and "scans" are only trickling in now. Will update as stuff appear.

Hmm, I wonder what they mean by "episodes"

duckroll

grandjedi6 said:
Hmm, I wonder what they mean by "episodes"

It's a two part game. Hopefully it's actually massive and exciting and not lame and stupid like all the other One Piece games. :(

Yoboman

ethelred said:
Um... sure, if you say so. It's not like DBZ doesn't appear on every single platform ever conceived.
I know, but fleshing out with more games in general that'll do good numbers is what PS3 needs

I'm interested in seeing more of DBZ. I really enjoyed Tenkaichi 2 on Wii, and 3 looks even better, but just a tad too similar for me to pick up. I really hope whoever is developing it includes a more creative story mode though. I don't know how many more times I can play through the various sagas. A Freiza fight where Goku goes super saiyan is now the equivalent to the battle of Hoth in a Star Wars game.

Blue Dragon DS sounds like it could be cool. I like Blue Dragon and I like RTS games, but I'm wondering how they're going to combine the two, storyline-wise. I'm guessing a prequel?

thetrin

ethelred said:
Yyyyyyyeeeeaaaah. DBZ is just what it needs.

You have too much faith in the common man. I see it too often in every way you think. It's fucking DBZ, dude. It is just what it needs.

ethelred said:
Um... sure, if you say so. It's not like DBZ doesn't appear on every single platform ever conceived.
Well, on Wii the games look good. With a little Uberconsole power behind it, this one could look pretty...

That's about all you can say about any game based on DBZ. Though... Hey! Maybe online won't be busted.

RedBoot

Unlimited Cruise will probably be a sequel to Unlimited Adventure from the sound of it. The general consensus on UA seemed to be reasonably positive, so hopefully UC will be improved to the point where it will be playable to people who aren't One Piece fans.

Of course, as someone who is a One Piece fan (and actually enjoyed the previous games a lot) it sounds great to me. Especially since it looks like we're actually going to get One Piece games from now on, and not cut to hell like before.

ethelred

Magicpaint said:
:| @ BD DS.

Mistwalker has made horrendous decisions regarding DS development.

How have their decisions been horrendous?

I love that all people need to hear is the genre to know the game is going to be horrendous. I wish I had that kind of prescience.

duckroll

The only question now about BD+, is whether its a RTS-RPG (HoM, FFXIIRW) or RT-SRPG (Growlanser). The former can suck my nads, the latter is welcome in my home any day. Look on the bright side, at least it's not a cellphone game! :)

Is the Growlanser formula one that would work on the DS? I'm utterly uninformed concerning the series - if one of you could point me in the direction of a summary of how the gameplay works in the series, I'd appreciate it. I really don't have a resource for information games that are both recent and relatively obscure.

jarrod

Banned
Who's making DBZ PS360?

thetrin said:
I would totally request a Tobal 3, but we all know Dream Factory are a bunch of washed up hacks now.
Squeenix could just hire Anchor to make it, then it'd rock. :D

ethelred said:
AQ Interactive.
Actually, I sort of wonder if MGS might pick up AQI's Mistwalker games for western release? I'm sure they'll nab Cry On at least, but Blue Dragon DS and AWAY might be nice now that MGS is branching into DS publishing...

ethelred said:
How have their decisions been horrendous?

I love that all people need to hear is the genre to know the game is going to be horrendous. I wish I had that kind of prescience.
Well, I'm not saying the game is going to be horrendous, just that the genres they've picked for the platform so far have been horrid choices. It's really, really weird that their two 360 games so far have been traditional turn based RPGs and yet, on the DS, they've picked the more obscure genres that are far less likely to be as successful.

Scribble

Is it just me, or do the DBZ Screens make it look like they're returning to the 2D gameplay of Budokai. Or at least the angle in Shin Budokai 2?

Nostalgia hounds can howl, but Tenkaichi > Budokai.

And yeah, I'll go mad if they're not doing new sagas this time. With all its characters, there's so much What-If potential.

I expect to see Trunks and Vegeta fusion this time >_>

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG BD+ is a RTS?!?!?!!?!? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Hype +100! Can't wait to see it! Hope it's more like HoM than FFXII:RW, I want Grim Grimoire's RTS-lite experience portable.

wow next gen dbz sounds like it could have potential. Imagine playing the game with HD graphics that look as good as the show...meaning the show in HD!! And then add in some good animation and we got a pretty damn good game already. hopefully it plays after tenkaichi more than budokai....either way good news!

looks like im picking up tenkaichi 3 for now as i heard it was an extremely solid game...solid.

Lobster

Banned
One Piece Wii was a no brainer seeing as how well the first Wii game did in Japan. They stuffed up on shipments for that game too though..Hopefully they learned from their mistakes.

Top Bottom