• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Assassin's Creed Set in Rome

http://kotaku.com/5467815/ezio-goes-to-rome-in-the-next-assassins-creed

Our favorite Italian Renaissance assassin will be traveling to Rome in the new title, with an Ubisoft representative revealing Ezio's plans to "strike directly at the heart of the Templar Order."

AWESOME!!!

http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/09/new-assassins-creed-title-will-have-assassination-multiplay/

It would also include what Ubi called “innovative” multiplayer, where players can participate in an assassination mode against friends online.

Brinbe

Kinda vague, is it a true sequel? Wouldn't mind seeing Rome in an off-shoot type of game. But would prefer a different setting for AC3.

glaurung

Let us not forget that Rome as a completely playable city was in the preview versions of AC2. It was supposedly cut because people were not satisfied with how it clicked along the rest of the game.

So this could be an easy way simply to cash in with minimum amount of work. I think there are even some game journos on GAF who got to see the Rome levels before they were cut.

As for a full game set in Rome? Nah, I am bored with the renaissance now. Give me the industrial revolution at the end of the 19th century in the British Empire instead.

Loxley

Man, one of the reasons I love this series is all the possibilities it presents. They could set any one of the games in practically any time period, which few franchises could get away with.

Rome sounds like it could be fucking phenomenal, especially since I'm kind of a geek for Roman art & architecture :D

Bitchin'

I would also love to see some sort of feudal Japan side-story or have one of the game takes place during the industrial revolution, opening up the possibilities for some steam-punk oriented gadgets

Dennis

Banned
wat wat wat

Do they in fact know Ubisoft meant Assassins Creed 3 and not just DLC or some spin-off ?

Rome? What, Renaissance Rome ? Modern Rome ? wat ?

Seem to similar to Ass Creed 2 to be Ass Creed 3.

Bah, I want Victorian London, or feudal Japan.

I would prefer Japan, but just because I think the gameplay mechanics lend themselves perfectly to be a bad-ass ninja.

TehSw1tch

Banned
DennisK4 said:
wat wat wat

Do they in fact know Ubisoft meant Assassins Creed 3 and not just DLC or some spin-off ?

Rome? What, Renaissance Rome ? Modern Rome ? wat ?

kotaku_top_with_logo.gif

Sealda

Banned
TehSw1tch said:
I was really, really really hoping for London, at the dawn of the industrial age...

But this is cool too.

OMG that would be fantastic.

Maybe not story-wise with the templar-order and whatever but yeah in all other ways would it be so awesome.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ubi, this is your chance to put Bologna in somewhere.
Don't waste it again.

TehSw1tch

Banned
glaurung said:
Kotaku-age Rome? Huh

Just pointing out, when you want details and not just vague musings, that were probably completely misheard or paraphrased incorrectly...

There's only one blog to call!

fernoca

SecretBonusPoint said:
give it a funky controversial subtitle since it won't be AC3:

Assassins Creed: Pope Killer
That would be Assassin's Creed
II
then.. :p .. (spoiler? :p)

Anyway this will probably be the "multiplayer game" released this year, since the actual sequel is not going to feature Ezio and this one does.

jett

D-Member
Wat? Back to rennaissance italy? With Ezio? What for?

Please don't run this into the ground Ubisoft.

soma27

Hey - I have both Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 in my queue via goozex, but probably will not have time to play both for a while.

After seeing the reviews for #2, am I better off just reading the wiki for #1 (so I can pick up some of the stry) and playing #2, or should I really play both in order. Most of the reviews say #2 is superior in every way.

gracias

owlbeak

soma27 said:
Hey - I have both Assassin's Creed 1 & 2 in my queue via goozex, but probably will not have time to play both for a while.

After seeing the reviews for #2, am I better off just reading the wiki for #1 (so I can pick up some of the stry) and playing #2, or should I really play both in order. Most of the reviews say #2 is superior in every way.

gracias
1 is incredibly repetetive. I bought it, played it halfway and couldn't stand to play any longer. I say just read the wiki. The second is absolutely fantastic.

A few people have mentioned it, but this definitely sounds like the AC2-2 they were talking about a little while ago.

Definitely looking forward to it. Rome has loads of potential.

cabottemp

Banned
i love assassin's creed. it's almost on the same level as metal gear and halo for me. but if this isn't a dlc mission i'm going to be a little let down. I want a new character for 3.

WW2 era Rome? That would be badass with Mussolini's Blackshirts everywhere. Perhaps the Assassins work with the allies before Operation Torch...

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
This is probably a spinoff and not AC3. I doubt the next numbered sequel would feature the same ancestor.

Fortunately, it sounds like a fully featured spinoff...so that's good. I want to see what Ezio does after he
leaves the vault after seeing revelations

Massa

Not sure how I feel about this one, seeing as it will be either done by a different team or developed in less than 12 months.

Either way, I hope it's a game fully focused on Ezio with none of that other AC bull crap.

Red

soma27 said:

gracias
ACII is undoubtedly the better game, but ACI was better as far as planning the actual assassinations went. Most people here would probably tell you to skip ACI, but I thought it was a great experience in its own right. The thing is, like 80% of the game is the same five "sidequest" sequences over and over and over again. The actual assassinations, though? Top notch.

Top Bottom