• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Assassin's Creed Set in Rome

Jocchan said:
Ubi, this is your chance to put Bologna in somewhere.
Don't waste it again.

Yes and throw in Siena too.

Unfortunately, early 16th century Rome and it's surrounding just aren't nearly as architecturally interested as Tuscany and the rest of northern Italy.

selig

Banned
TehSw1tch said:
I was really, really really hoping for London, at the dawn of the industrial age...

But this is cool too.

i would love early industrial london (see the new sherlock holmes-movie), BUT: Not for an AC-game. Give me a early-industrial-london-WRPG made by Obsidian or Bioware, featuring several story lines going on at the same time. So you can decide if you want to solve a mysterious murder-series, go after the more fantasy-like Vampire-clan that is working in the shadows or you could enter some political drama. Choose your class between "young poor thief", "wealthy high society guy" and "honest worker", each choice heavily changing the following game experience.

@topic:

Rome as in...classic Rome? I would LOVE that! Omg.
Have people speak in Latin, too! And dont make my character wear a hoodie...thats a nogo for classic Rome.
My god, Ubisoft, do this and all is forgiven...

Binabik15

selig said:
i would love early industrial london (see the new sherlock holmes-movie), BUT: Not for an AC-game. Give me a early-industrial-london-WRPG made by Obsidian or Bioware, featuring several story lines going on at the same time. So you can decide if you want to solve a mysterious murder-series, go after the more fantasy-like Vampire-clan that is working in the shadows or you could enter some political drama. Choose your class between "young poor thief", "wealthy high society guy" and "honest worker", each choice heavily changing the following game experience.

Even better: your actions decide between science advancing as it did or going down the steampunk route mid-game.

sohois

I was really hoping for an AC set in the jurassic period, where you play as an assasin velociraptor hunting down templar-Rexes.

selig

Banned
Binabik15 said:
Even better: your actions decide between science advancing as it did or going down the steampunk route mid-game.

i´d say lets hype up ourselves, only to know that there will never be such game :/

Massa said:
Not sure how I feel about this one, seeing as it will be either done by a different team or developed in less than 12 months.

Either way, I hope it's a game fully focused on Ezio with none of that other AC bull crap.

Probably most of content was developed in some part during AC II development process to be released as DLC. Later on Ubisoft must have thought about adding little bit more and MP so they can sell it for full price like Halo 3: ODST.

DrXym

I think it would be dumb to use the same historical period again and I hope they're talking about DLC. I think AC3 should pick another era - as Rome was mentioned, ancient Rome would be cool. There are plenty of options that would make good settings.

Vinci said:
So, I'm to learn fictitious history then? Okay, consider me schooled then.

Actually Borgia was a real person, and he was actually a
pope
in real life, a very dispised one at that.

Ubisoft did a really good job throwing in real:

• historical people
  • historical places
  • consiracy theories
  • sci fi
  • science

and coming out with a cohesive story.

But yeah whats this AC2-2 thing people talk of, did Ubi officially say they where continuing Ezios story before or something?

Either way unless its simply AC2-2 i want them to carry on changing characters/ locations/ times, gives it more mystery!

MMaRsu

Banned
farnham said:
rome in assassins creed 2 was a joke

so i hope this game will show a better representation of the city

Ehh ofcourse it wasn't a joke, it was more of a teaser.

sohois said:
I was really hoping for an AC set in the jurassic period, where you play as an assasin velociraptor hunting down templar-Rexes.

According to 'The Truth' Dinosaurs never existed. ;p

TehSw1tch said:
I was really, really really hoping for London, at the dawn of the industrial age...

But this is cool too.

Whoa, you just blew my mind, that would be ridiculous.

Or like a depression era NYC (that time period is probably a ways off for the series) but that would be sweet, play as Desmond's grandfather or something.

squicken

Activision showed the way with annual versions of the same IP with different teams. Ubi wants AC to be its Call of Duty.

I loved AC2. I am looking forward to AC2-2. But this product exists b/c the most difficult part (art creation) is mostly done.

I have little to zero interest in the MP, and am 99% certain it will be the justification for turning a $30 expansion into a $60 full release.

see also: EA and Mass Effect. Pump that shit out. Pump it.

edit: From that AC2 spoiler thread, I think the consensus for AC3 proper was Victorian England or France during the Revolution.

Chittagong

Gold Member
They really need to stop shoehorning MP into every single game. Uncharted didn't need it. Neither did Bioshock. AC most certainly doesn't.

Love the idea of an London at the dawn of the industrial era. Even more, if I need to hear Mario-cartoon quality italian impersonation and "eeeeeeeezio", I will probably stab my ears.

Drek

selig said:
Um.....

Arcanum?

Iama

captscience said:
Yes and throw in Siena too.

Unfortunately, early 16th century Rome and it's surrounding just aren't nearly as architecturally interested as Tuscany and the rest of northern Italy.

You are right but Rome is Rome so if is not possible to go back to Roman's Empire period it will good anyway. The city is an art explosion, in every time

Talon

DennisK4 said:
wat wat wat

Do they in fact know Ubisoft meant Assassins Creed 3 and not just DLC or some spin-off ?
Ubisoft announced "another Assassins Creed title" in an investor call last month. It ain't DLC; it's a full $60 title.

Vinci said:
Sorry, haven't played AC2, but... since when was the Templar Order headquartered in Rome?
Since someone in the future figured out a way to use your DNA to tap into the memory of all of your ancestors, in an era where people jumped around tall buildings like Spider-Man.

Don't think too hard.

glaurung said:
Let us not forget that Rome as a completely playable city was in the preview versions of AC2. It was supposedly cut because people were not satisfied with how it clicked along the rest of the game
Is this true? I don't recall this at all. Wasn't the entire dev cycle for ACII just a scant 18 months? Hard to imagine they'd spend resources to build an entire city then cut it off midrun in such a short timeframe.

K' Dash

DLC, this can't be a full game.

As a side note, ACII is so fucking beautiful, they did such an amazing job with the locations.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If it's DLC, I can see this being treated like GTA Liberty City Episodes. DLC with a retail appearance at $20-$40. Extending Ezio's story with added multiplayer/co-op sounds like a pretty sized expansion.

Duelist

I don't know if I should be excited or bummed. I really did think they captured the best of Italy with Venice, but who knows.

I'll have faith for now.

K' Dash

Chittagong said:
...if I need to hear Mario-cartoon quality italian impersonation and "eeeeeeeezio", I will probably stab my ears.

You did it wrong, you have to play this with ITALIAN voice acting and subtitles, english was a joke.

AndyD

aka andydumi
K' Dash said:
You did it wrong, you have to play this with ITALIAN voice acting and subtitles, english was a joke.

But are the subtitles in English? Or in Italian. Because I would like to hear the italian voices but understand the dialogue. I still have about half the game left to go through.

DrPirate

Banned
AndyD said:
But are the subtitles in English? Or in Italian. Because I would like to hear the italian voices but understand the dialogue. I still have about half the game left to go through.
Subtitles are in english. Yes

Assassin's Creed 3 is indeed under development and Ubisoft Montreal is passing the mantle to Ubisoft Singapore, who helped them in Assassin's Creed 2 (they created "The Assassin Tomb levels" for AC2).

:)

Jeels

It should not be set in the same country. =/ That's no fun. The reason I like AC is because you get to experience a different world/time period.

jett

D-Member
shagg_187 said:
Assassin's Creed 3 is indeed under development and Ubisoft Montreal is passing the mantle to Ubisoft Singapore, who helped them in Assassin's Creed 2 (they created "The Assassin Tomb levels" for AC2).

Wat? Don't tell me Patrice Desliets isn't directing AC3?

jett said:
Wat? Don't tell me Patrice Desliets isn't directing AC3?

If Splinter Cell: Conviction's team is the same team that dealt with AC2 then no, they are not making AC3 and are working on SC: Conviction sequel instead. If they have some other subdivision for AC2 then Ubisoft Singapore can be working as a secondary development team.

Again, don't want to jump the gun as shit changes all the time but all I know is that, as of now, Ubisoft Singapore is internally considered the main development team for AC3.

EDIT: Looks like it's a co-production according to this:

http://www.wilfreed.com/download/WilfreedTrottet_CV.pdf

Oct. 2009 - today

● Undisclosed Project, (Action, Xbox/PC/PS3 – 2010)
- Coproduction with Ubisoft Montreal, Lead animator on specific maps done
in Singapore
- Ingame Cinematics & specific gameplay animations

DennisK4 said:
Rome? What, Renaissance Rome ? Modern Rome ? wat ?

Seem to similar to Ass Creed 2 to be Ass Creed 3.
Well, since they're talking about Ezio I would assume that it's in the same time as Ass Creed 2.

shagg_187 said:

Is there anything else that needs to be pulled out of your ass? ;-)

SketchTheArtist said:
Is there anything else that needs to be pulled out of your ass? ;-)

Oh I'm sorry. I should add question mark to all my posts to be on the safe side, right?

Alright. Ubisoft Singapore developing Assassin's Creed 3?????????????????????????????????????

Irish

I hope they don't waste a lot of time with AC II-2, because I really want to play AC III now.

(It's set during and after the French Revolution and Eugène François Vidocq is a main character, but not necessarily the player character.)

P.S. Read the link, you bastards.

Didn't give the first Assassin's Creed much of a chance, but I knew I'd love AC 2 the moment I set foot on the rooftops of Florence. Such a beautiful game.
Good to know the next one will be set in the same era.

X26

Banned
I would've preferred a new ancestor in a new setting but ezio is a great character and the setting is good enough to revist

shagg_187 said:
Oh I'm sorry. I should add question mark to all my posts to be on the safe side, right?

Alright. Ubisoft Singapore developing Assassin's Creed 3?????????????????????????????????????

You could go all 'Fox News' on this or you could tell people that it's just a 'rumor' or something 'you might have heard' and not classify it as actual facts.

NeoUltima

Jocchan said:
Ubi, this is your chance to put Bologna in somewhere.
Don't waste it again.
znv2ih.jpg
?

SketchTheArtist said:
You could go all 'Fox News' on this or you could tell people that it's just a 'rumor' or something 'you might have heard' and not classify it as actual facts.

Dude... whatever. I'm done here. I don't feel like bullshitting anyway.

jett

D-Member
shagg_187 said:
If Splinter Cell: Conviction's team is the same team that dealt with AC2 then no, they are not making AC3 and are working on SC: Conviction sequel instead. If they have some other subdivision for AC2 then Ubisoft Singapore can be working as a secondary development team.

Again, don't want to jump the gun as shit changes all the time but all I know is that, as of now, Ubisoft Singapore is internally considered the main development team for AC3.

Well that'd mean I don't give a fuck about this franchise anymore.

hopefully in AC3 they can make it so that Trophies work correctly on the PS3 version. The darn trophy bug kept me from a platinum and i am not going to go through the game again :(

Top Bottom