• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Call of Duty is called Infinite Warfare

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Can this finally be the year I break free, every year I say no more, every year I buy it a day before release.

MuchoMalo

Banned
I wonder if they chose this name because they originally wanted it to be Ghosts 2 but they realized that Ghosts has a bad name and they couldn't think of another name.

Brannon

Infinite Warfare - Fight men in space!

Beyond Infinite Warfare - Fight men on other planets!

Galactic Warfare - Fight ALIENS!!!

Nah I bet they pare it back down to the 1980s contra shenanigans. I'd bite.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I still think Call of Duty: Space Ghosts would have been better

d7398fe33d795863f07c1fb0fe0fcf42.jpg

breadtruck

Clearly they are sick of CoD too... they've given up on trying to come up with decent names.

At least we already know what its sequel will be called.
"Call of Duty: Infinite+1 Warfare"

legacyzero

Banned
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Is probably not as "infinite" as it sounds. 5 hour campaign, and multiplayer maps the size of an apartment.

The story will take you cross-hopping into multiple dimensions into battlefields of all ages and finding out the main villain was the parallel megalomaniac yourself all along. And then suddenly, an endless sea of lighthouses.
Infinite Warfare!

cheezcake

Yeesh that's not a great title, but being totally honest it's impossible to have a very good title when it has to be prefixed by "Call of Duty:"

The story will take you cross-hopping into multiple dimensions into battlefields of all ages and finding out the main villain was the parallel megalomaniac yourself all along. And then suddenly, an endless sea of lighthouses.
Infinite Warfare!

That sounds like Ken Levine level of amateur writing.

I mean, sooner or later the three COD devs are going to run out of ideas if they keep trying to one up each other. I'll bet you Advance Warfare 2 takes place even farther into the future and then Black Ops 4 will take place at the end of time.

Eggbok

I mean, sooner or later the three COD devs are going to run out of ideas if they keep trying to one up each other. I'll bet you Advance Warfare 2 takes place even farther into the future and then Black Ops 4 will take place at the end of time.

Time travel will find it's way into one of these games eventually. I think they are trying to get as crazy as they can get until people are done with Call of Duty all together. Once that happens they'll decided to go back to WWI/ WWII lol.

Time travel will find it's way into one of these games eventually. I think they are trying to get as crazy as they can get until people are done with Call of Duty all together. Once that happens they'll decided to go back to WWI/ WWII lol.
I would love to see how they would implement time travel into the multiplayer. Maybe guns from different eras?

Eggbok

But Black Ops 3 was one of the most content rich games of this generation.

BO3 is also made by Treyarch, Treyarch is known as the best CoD dev for a reason lol.
IW is responsible for the most disliked CoDs (Ghosts and MW3) so they have a lot to prove.

I know I say this every year but I think I'm done until next Treyarch game.

Ghosts was the worst shit ever, AW was slightly better but still lost interest pretty quickly.

Treyarch are the only ones who I still trust and considering we just got their game, I think I'll have a CoD break until whatever version of Nuketown they release next!

I'm conflicted on ghosts, on one hand I loved it. The honey badger and the class system was really fun, and customizing my soldier is always my favorite thing. But then it seems like everyone hated it. Whereas I thought it was pretty down to earth and enjoyable!

So I have no idea what to think about this, but I guess it depends what friends will be playing at this point.

I'm conflicted on ghosts, on one hand I loved it. The honey badger and the class system was really fun, and customizing my soldier is always my favorite thing. But then it seems like everyone hated it. Whereas I thought it was pretty down to earth and enjoyable!

So I have no idea what to think about this, but I guess it depends what friends will be playing at this point.

Ghosts got off to a rough start from the moment it was announced. If you remember all of the talk after its reveal was around memes. The Fish AI or Riley. Then the game finally released and people were hit with that terrible twist at the end of the campaign. It's why it's not at all a surprise that all of the rumors for IW's next CoD has it moving away from Ghosts. It's better to just start over entirely instead of trying to build off that. Even though they did the twist at the end of the campaign specifically to setup Ghosts 2.

looks hella fake...

2016 and we still have offscreen photos at a weird angle in potato quality..

This remasters stuff is not going to happen...

Alienous

Looks real to me.

'Legacy Edition' including COD4 HD, trying to ride its coattails. That's smart, and 'Legacy Edition' fits.

Cover dude holding an obvious space helmet to let you know what's up. And the planet in the horizon.

The logo text, both for 'Call of Duty' and the subtitle looks like what they'd do. The 'U' in 'CALL OF DUTY' looks different to prior titles - why fake that?

That doesn't look like space.

It's undiscovered.
It's a vast space.
We always suspected we weren't alone.
But what we didn't know was that they were already watching us. Not from above.

But from beneath us.

This time we bringing the fight... underwater!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed MW2 more.
MW2 also killed COD for me, it's never been as good since IMO

I liked MW2 more as well. They've never since let loose with ideas like they did in that game. And mostly it was a very fun experience.

Klyka

Banned
All I remember from MW2 are the dual wielding shotguns.

They were all that mattered.

And of course the Javelin glitch XD

Top Bottom