• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Call of Duty is called Infinite Warfare

RedSwirl

I imagine the reason Activision would do this is for the people still playing COD4 on PS3 and 360.

Is it just upscaled Modern Warfare? or a proper remaster?

It says remaster.. so I'd imagine it's a proper remaster. Especially considering they are only doing 10 of the 16 vanilla maps in the game.

Probably just means the exact same game in 1080p with art assets from the PC version (if those were better than the console assets).

RedSwirl

Then why not release all the MP maps?

I'm still crossing my fingers for a Halo:MCC kind of remaster.

That would indeed be dope (more remasters need to be like that) but I don't know if Activision would want to potentially cannibalize Infinite Warfare like that. It's the same reason EA doesn't do HD remasters -- it wants to constantly move all its customers to the latest thing, each product being meant to make the last one obsolete. Perhaps Activision has simply accepted that a certain number of COD players will inevitably stay behind with each new edition released.

On the one hand, I'd think about buying an MCC-style remaster on PC if it is indeed the same unaltered game with a new coat of paint, but on the other hand I'm afraid it'd bend up being like modern PC COD and not 2007 PC COD. Remember, COD4 on PC still had lean, LAN, and private dedicated servers. Now only Treyarch does that stuff to get PC good will.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So looking at the ad again, there's no exoskeleton or fancy mumbo jumbo on the guy. Also that helmet looks like it's from the '60s/'70s.

So looking at the ad again, there's no exoskeleton or fancy mumbo jumbo on the guy. Also that helmet looks like it's from the '60s/'70s.

Yeah, there's a bit of a Retro-futurism sort of feel to the outfit and not the sort of NANOPLATE SCALE MALE EXO SKELETON HEXAGONS EVERYWHERE look of a lot of other 'Future' shooters of the past few years (Deus Ex Human Revolution I still love you....).

If it's a remaster with new completely new art assets & lighting while retaining the exact gameplay & level design from the original i'll be very happy with 10 maps.

However I just can't shake the feeling it will be a 1080p PC port with some slight sharpening on the textures with all the best maps like crash sold in DLC packs of 3-4. After all Call Of Duty Classic was just an upscaled port bundled with another CoD special edition & this is also the publisher who was happy to put out Prototype PS4/X1 & Tony Hawk's 5 in recent years. But as this is all just speculation, i'll wait to see the reveal.

If it's a remaster with new completely new art assets & lighting while retaining the exact gameplay & level design from the original i'll be very happy with 10 maps.

However I just can't shake the feeling it will be a 1080p PC port with some slight sharpening on the textures with all the best maps like crash sold in DLC packs of 3-4. After all Call Of Duty Classic was just an upscaled port bundled with another CoD special edition & this is also the publisher who was happy to put out Prototype PS4/X1 & Tony Hawk's 5 in recent years. But as this is all just speculation, i'll wait to see the reveal.

Yup. Agree with you^^

REDSLATE

Simpsons...err, Haldeman did it.

51Ki76Qf64L.jpg
That's a great book. Revealing it in the presence of Call of Duty is a bit insulting.

Top Bottom