• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Call of Duty is called Infinite Warfare

Matticers

Future warfare confirmed. This might be the first CoD that I skip. They'll really have to impress me with their initial MP footage because I'm just very tired of not only the futuristic setting in every shooter now, but also all of the nonsense in MP. Yes, it has always had nonsense but all of it is just adding up to a point where the game has to be special to overcome it.

daTRUballin

So they've completely ran out of ideas when it comes to naming the titles?

"Let's have the subtitle always have the word warfare in it!"

Menitta

magic-johnson-eating-popcorn.gif

No comment on the name. I just like my popcorn.

hqdefault.jpg

I think I'm the only dumbass who thinks CoD: Far Future sounds cool as hell.

I'm completely with you. I'm so tired of super serious bro shooters that i've been loving the over-the-top campy, near-future style BOIII has brought to the table. I'll be in love if they continue that in the far future.

I was trying to come up with a ridiculous Call of Duty name that's even more childish to be snarky, except I actually can't come up with one.

So... Congrats on that I guess?

The best "future" title is still

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Anyways, I expect this to feel like Advanced Warfare. Just very spacey and jumpy. I am really not much into sci-fi, and seriously feel like the cold metal environments we've come to expect are so sterile and uninspired.

Will someone please go back to boots-on-ground gameplay >_>

NYR

On the bright side, when you type "IW sucks" in relation to Call of Duty, it will have double meaning!

J_Viper

Odd how some here are writing it off so quickly.

Remember, there are a few ex-Naughty Dog devs working at IW. This could be pleasant surprise.

Alienous

The best "future" title is still

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect

Anyways, I expect this to feel like Advanced Warfare. Just very spacey and jumpy. I am really not much into sci-fi, and seriously feel like the cold metal environments we've come to expect are so sterile and uninspired.

Will someone please go back to boots-on-ground gameplay >_>

Nah, man. Laser beams. Pew pew, baby, we Star Wars now.

Boots-on-ground? Lol. Hope you like zero-gravity - they didn't put three sections like that in COD Ghosts for nothing.

Remember, there are a few ex-Naughty Dog devs working at IW. This could be pleasant surprise.

Activision is the problem. I'm not spending a thousand dollars to get all the guns in the game. Black Ops 3 is already ruined.

DieH@rd

Banned
I really hope this will be full on space opera, not some hard scifi set in near future solar system [like Expanse], but really majestic stuff with aliens, incredible futuristic solar-wide structures, massive spaceship battles, space swords and all the rest. :D

Alienous

As Sonic Boom and Big Red Button taught us, ex-Naugthy Dog only means 'no longer working at Naughty Dog'.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

It's the worst dev of CoD, with the worst name, that implies it taking place in the future...why would anyone be excited with this? We already have Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare, TitanFall, Halo and all the other crap coming out. The very important reason people are pretty much begging for a return to "simplified" combat, is because it is more competitive due there being not as many variables.

Ehh im iffy. If they do full on Halo esque space setting it has potential. Another advanced warfare type game and it's BF5 alternate WW1 for me this year.

Loxley

People say that every year for years now.

The funny thing is Black Ops 3 seemed to reinvigorate the COD multuiplayer scene in a pretty meaningful way, if anything. The game has consistently been the top ten most-streamed games on Twitch since it's launch. Every other multiplayer shooter from last year has completely fallen off.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So the next game will be called Quantum Warfare?

Can't wait for the $500 collector's edition that comes with a functional nuclear weapon and the $100 season pass.
You mean a plastic ball with a radiation symbol on it that makes explosion noises when you press it?

Top Bottom