• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next DC Animated Film, "Justice League vs The Fatal Five" trailer drops

Produced by Bruce Timm (a creator of Batman: The Animated Series)

Kevin Conroy returns as Batman/Bruce

These animated movies from DC have almost all been fantastic. Can't wait

Didn't watch it with sound but it's nice to see them using the old TV art style again. I'm sure the movie will be entertaining but DC's straight to video efforts never seem to make it past being just "good".

Dacon

Banned
The Doomsday fight in Death of Superman is awesome and on par with any action scenes in the DCEU imo

Esp if you compare it to that dogshit battle with Doomsday in BvS. God that fight sucked. no creative use of powers, no explosive exchanges of blows, just nothing. Doomsday slaps everyone around a few times, Wonder Woman poses for the camera, batman fires a grenade, and superman kamikazes. Shit sucked.

TacosNSalsa

The Doomsday fight in Death of Superman is awesome and on par with any action scenes in the DCEU imo
I haven't seen it yet but i don't doubt it at all..

Esp if you compare it to that dogshit battle with Doomsday in BvS. God that fight sucked. no creative use of powers, no explosive exchanges of blows, just nothing. Doomsday slaps everyone around a few times, Wonder Woman poses for the camera, batman fires a grenade, and superman kamikazes. Shit sucked.

BvS is one if the worse AAA movies ive ever seen and thats before i even apply my comic book knowledge . I dont know what f*ck that was on the screen but that was NOT any Batman I know of except maybe some else world bs.. ugh ...could've been so good

Dacon

Banned
BvS is one if the worse AAA movies ive ever seen and thats before i even apply my comic book knowledge . I dont know what f*ck that was on the screen but that was NOT any Batman I know of except maybe some else world bs.. ugh ...could've been so good

Outside of that one action scene Batman was terrible. He wasn't Batman outside of being a bat themed vigilante.

CyberTRex

Neo Member
Hopefully, DC has a special screening at Wondercon for JL vs The Fatal Five. Anyhow, it's good to hear those familiar voices and see that Bruce Timm art style.

LMJ

It baffles me how D.C can continually get their animated universe so right, but their cinematic universe so wrong...

Almost every animated feature or even show even at the lowest, is good to great, and then there are masterpieces like Superman vs the Elite...this looks like more of the same quality, will almost certainly buy :lollipop_beaming_smiling:

It baffles me how D.C can continually get their animated universe so right, but their cinematic universe so wrong...

Almost every animated feature or even show even at the lowest, is good to great, and then there are masterpieces like Superman vs the Elite...this looks like more of the same quality, will almost certainly buy :lollipop_beaming_smiling:

True

Why does this happen? Different people calling the shots?

I mean it's better than the fight in BvS as that was bogged down by that movie's putrid story(Among other bad ideas) but otherwise I woudn't say it's anything worth writing home about and certainly not even within the realm of MoS's action. Closest they've gotten to that was the short but sweet Superman vs Shazam fight in JLU.

True

Why does this happen? Different people calling the shots?

Pretty much. Different people in charge/helming the animation division as well less oversight from up top as these releases are pretty niche overall.

I just watched this, it's pretty good.

It's not one of the better DC animated movies but it's not bad. I appreciate the throwback art/animation and stellar voice performances.

Probably give it a 7 out of 10

Top Bottom