• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Fatal Frame for the Wii!!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163198

Tecmo has been silent about Fatal Frame for some time now, but that doesn't mean the horror franchise has been forgotten. To the contrary, 1UP learned at Tokyo Game Show that Tecmo's enlisted the help of Grasshopper Interactive to produce the next Fatal Frame game. And here's the kicker: it's for Wii.

Grasshopper will start on Fatal Frame when work on No More Heroes, recently announced for a US release via Ubisoft, has finished. Given that No More Heroes was developed on Wii, Grasshopper seems content on Nintendo's console.

Taking photographs of ghouls has been a part of Fatal Frame since day one, so motion controls certainly make sense for the series, but the last we heard about the next Fatal Frame seemed to have Microsoft and Sony's consoles in mind. "I already have some ideas that I'd like to do if I had more development time and a more powerful system," said Fatal Frame 3 Producer Keisuke Kikuchi all the way back in July 2005.

Then again, in 2005, no one knew Wii was going to blow up, either.

Searched couldn't find.

Awesome *drools*

Loved Project Zero series, this should be hella good as well!!

Rushmore

Fatal Frame for the Wii is a no-brainer decision and one that should have been made long before now. Still, it's nice to see that it's in the pipeline.

There's not many companies that I'll simply buy a game from just because they made it. Grasshopper have a style that I just adore, I'll be buying this for sure, and all the 2.4 reviews in the world couldn't stop me.

D-X

Having just picked up the first two games on Xbox - (AKA Project Zero 1+2) this sounds good. Why did the 3rd instalment not come out on Xbox?

Oh shit...

Fatal Frame 2: Director's cut on the Xbox is one of the scariest experiences I've ever had, video game or not.

If they keep it in First person with the Wiimote = Camera Obscura and Flashlight, this could be awesome.

EDIT: And this better not be just some Rygar-type situation with Wiimote control tacked on.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
EternalDarko said:
It's Grasshopper Manufacture, get that right stupid 1UP people.

smileyface.gif

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Hell yeah. Wii needs more mature games. Wii needs more GRASSHOPPER.

JDSN

Banned
FUCK YEAH, its like every gaming-related impossible wish of mine is becoming true.

Now Capcom must bring back Demon Crest.

Maztorre

Grasshopper actually have previous experience in this field, somewhat. Michigan for the PS2 involved you playing as a cameraman covering a bizarre pseudo-survival horror type storyline. The twist was that the game actually rewarded leading your NPC colleagues into gory or "erotic" situations.

Dark Ninja said:
:eek: Grasshopper
Day One!

So I take it all you guys who love Grasshopper do not mind that the original team for this series wont be working on it?

This is the first time I've seen a game move to a new dev and people rejoice :D

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Smiles and Cries said:
So I take it all you guys who love Grasshopper do not mind that the original team for this series wont be working on it?

This is the first time I've seen a game move to a new dev and people rejoice :D
That's probably because most people in this topic, including my-self, have played Killer 7 and not a single Fatal Frame game (although I did know what it was if that counts for anything :lol).

dkeane

Holy fuck! This is going to be awesome. I love Fatal Frame.
They could do some cool things with the camera and controller.

jj984jj said:
That's probably because more people in this topic, including my-self, have played Killer 7 and not a single Fatal Frame game (although I did know what it is if that counts for anything :lol ).
Yep and im liking what im seeing in No more Heroes

NMC2006

Banned
koam said:
was fatal frame any good?
To some it was, to me it sucked and wasn't scary at all, but............ alot of people seem to like it, enough people to warrent a 4th installment, so it must be something, but I personally didn't like 1 or 2, not bashing them at all, they just were not my cup of tea, I am the Silent Hill & Resident Evil guy.

TJ Spyke

I've never played any of the Fatal Frame games (I only owned a PS2 for about 6 months, no particular reason that I didn't get the Xbox versions). They seemed pretty interesting, so having the forth game be on the Wii would be pretty cool.

That's good.

I'm still hoping for some big announcements. I want a big 3rd party franchise with Wii controls.

Even a RE 5 side story would do, using the RE4 engine.

Top Bottom