• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Fatal Frame for the Wii!!

NMC2006

Banned
DeaconKnowledge said:
I've never played Fatal Frame, but i'll hang around this thread to hear the usual suspects whine about it not being on HD consoles.
Well ya know, when people buy an expensive ass console they would like to have their favortie franchises follow them to that console, at least I would, how about you?
So I think some whining is in order, just like I did with Nights, but I am not whining about this though.:lol

Jigsaw

Banned
i bet its a port of the first game with a new designed character + a buss rush mode

otherwise the series is dead for me...gimme my next gen fatal frame damnit

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Jigsaw said:
i bet its a port of the first game with a new designed character + a buss rush mode

otherwise the series is dead for me...gimme my next gen fatal frame damnit

Why would they have a completely different developer just port the game over?

eXxy said:
smileyface.gif
Well, at least you listen. :D

This is great news anyway, more so because it's another awesome Grasshopper game on Wii rather than it being Fatal Frame; since I've never played it.

Kevtones

HOLY SHIT :D

Fatal Frame >>>> anything else

in terms of scare-factor

Throw in Grasshopper's unrivaled awesomeness and you've got a fucking megaton. This is AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.

Bebpo

Banned
This is one time I really approve of a Wii game. Grasshopper is meant for Wii, not for next-gen systems.

schuelma

Infernal Monkey said:
They've already made one. :]

michigan1.jpg

It had virtually no gameplay, but still!

Awesome news though, loved the first two Project Zero's (third one.. not so much!)

WTF? a videogame based on my boring ass State? What was this about? :lol :lol

jarrod

Banned
I wonder why Kikuchi and Team Zero aren't handling it? Maybe they're developing a new horror series instead?

Good for Grasshopper tho, they may actually get me to like survival horror. :lol

Oh man, just imagine if Suda 51 got his hands on Project Zero!

Perfect fit for the Wii as well :D throw in some nice motion controlled puzzles and some awesome crazyness and we`re all set :D

bryehn

oooh, Grasshopper. Love their stuff, I even have Samurai Champloo.

I've never played a Fatal Frame game before, but the concept looks cool. Will keep an eye on this.

Acosta

As far as Team Zero is doing their own stuff... sure, a Grasshopper Fatal Frame for Wii could be interesting.

By the way, for the believers, who has played Michigan here? I love Suda and all, but hope Grasshopper has learnt a few lessons. Fatal Frames needs a serious and sinister tone to work, it won´t work dropping sexy scenes of nude girls.

IzumiK

Banned
jarrod said:
I wonder why Kikuchi and Team Zero aren't handling it? Maybe they're developing a new horror series instead?

Good for Grasshopper tho, they may actually get me to like survival horror. :lol

I think Team Zero is working on the other platform versions. Haven't heard from them for a while.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Maztorre said:
Kikuchi is actually producing the Wii Rygar game at the moment.
What as waste, updating a 5 year old game. I knew Tecmo had restructured though, that's why Team Tachyon exists.

xfactor

Banned
I'm surprise at the amount of people who HAVEN'T played a Fatal Frame yet. i guess you guys ain't a yet a survival horror fan during the genre's peak years ago?

The mix of the camera combat system/touchlight and the motion controls is sure to create some interesting gameplay. I am looking forward to that!

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
This is awesome news. The scariest franchise ever comes to the most immersive console.

It's gonna be killer hearing the ghosts whispering out of your Wii-mote.

schuelma said:

You play as the camera man for ZaKa TV's news team, out to investigate why Michigan has gone all foggy and stuf-MONSTERS JESUS CHRIST! Basically the whole game is about filming the news reporter as she rambles on. If you come across monsters, you have to guide your camera and lock onto enemies for her to kill, it's extremely frustrating!

If you film up her skirt or whatever the game will give you erotic points. It also has one of the worst/best English dubs ever, I couldn't stop laughing at how everyone buggered up every single line in the game.

Infernal Monkey said:
You play as the camera man for ZaKa TV's news team, out to investigate why Michigan has gone all foggy and stuf-MONSTERS JESUS CHRIST! Basically the whole game is about filming the news reporter as she rambles on. If you come across monsters, you have to guide your camera and lock onto enemies for her to kill, it's extremely frustrating!

If you film up her skirt or whatever the game will give you erotic points. It also has one of the worst/best English dubs ever, I couldn't stop laughing at how everyone buggered up every single line in the game.

This game sounds awesome.

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
schuelma said:

Never came out in the US unfortunately.

As for Fatal Frame on Wii, well that's almost as bad as Parasite Eve on a cell phone.

schuelma

Infernal Monkey said:

Wow.

Acosta

Hell, is true, Kikuchi is leading a team called Team Tachyon. His upcoming projects are Wii Rygar and Tecmo Bowl revival...

What happened with Team Zero? anyone knows?

LM4sure

Banned
ha ha ha ha ha
awesome!!! not that this was a good series to begin with, but it's great that it is being put on the wii. that goes a long way!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Fuck yeah Grasshopper on Fatal Frame is going to be beyond sweet.

One more for the Wii!

Edit: I was actually thinking that this would be a good idea a few months ago, actually. Taking pictures with a wiimote could be pretty cool.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
devilscallmedad said:
If grasshopper is making this what is the original dev team doing then?
They are in other parts of Tecmo, I'm willing to bet most if not all of them are in Team Tachyon.

Acosta

GDGF said:
One more for the Wii!

And? Is going to be this way? each new game is going to be "one more for the wii" or "one more for HD consoles" like we were childs?.

And why so happy about it being developed for Grasshopper? what have done Grasshopper in their past titles that do you think is going to add to Fatal Frame?.

I hope they do an awesome work, but they haven´t done anything like Fatal Frame before. I would adopt a "wait and see" approach.

Is it just me or is Tecmo loving Nintendo these days? The got on the Wii very early for launch.

The thing I love most so far is Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (wow)

Is Rygar still turning out like shit?

Anyway one more game would not hurt.

No6

Linkhero1 said:
So what are you supposed to do in this game? Take pictures of ghosts?
It's like RE (not 4, fixed camera locations except you go to 1st person to take pictures) except you take pictures of ghosts' smiling faces instead of shooting them in the head. If you take enough good pictures, the ghosts will be your friend and you get to have a picnic.

A picnic of blood.

For those few of you who played FF3, how was it? I thought FF was great but that FF2 wasn't scary enough/kinda dragged.

Linkhero1 said:
So what are you supposed to do in this game? Take pictures of ghosts?
Wait, and are you guys telling me we play a game by pressing buttons on a controller and we see the action on a tele...vision??? WTF's going on, someone please explain this craziness.

Linkhero1

No6 said:
It's like RE (not 4, fixed camera locations except you go to 1st person to take pictures) except you take pictures of ghosts' smiling faces instead of shooting them in the head. If you take enough good pictures, the ghosts will be your friend and you get to have a picnic.

A picnic of blood.

For those few of you who played FF3, how was it? I thought FF was great but that FF2 wasn't scary enough/kinda dragged.
Ok...it's an interesting concept.

Top Bottom