• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Game Informer- Its God of War

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
original.jpg

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Nice art cover.

I hope this will mean more online previews soon.

When is GOW releasing?

Nice art cover.

I hope this will mean more online previews soon.

When is GOW releasing?

Did you saw some tips from GI about GOW? How about this one :

-Combat is based on prioritizing enemies, it's not as chaotic as in the past.

So, i don't see a hack and slash here. And it was so obvious from trailers that gameplay is different and slower.

GlitchF5

Neo Member
Game informer has really stepped up its game, almost worth while having a physical mag about video games.

shpankey

not an idiot

So, i don't see a hack and slash here. And it was so obvious from trailers that gameplay is different and slower.
What’s that actually mean though?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You know I thought this cover reminded me of something.

doom_hell.0.jpg
There's way more that 2-3 arts released in the last few years which look very similar. Where's goddamn originality? It's not okay to create something unique anymore? What a shame.

SirCrush

All this means is they better have designed a fluid and deep combat system. Gotta feel it to judge though...

DonF

I need to see gameplay to get really hyped for this. Right now I'm cautiously optimistic.

Calibos

That's some hot cover art and this game is one of the reasons I am hanging on to my PS4. I can't wait to try out the more "souls-like" combat as I never loved the floaty, chain slinging combat of past iterations. Hope it lives up to the hype!

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

Its a hack and slash.

Not Drake

With a new gear progression, crafting, different combat system and no jump this seems like a total opposite of God of War we all know and many (myself included) genuinely enjoy. I'm split. There's a lot of things that I like about this direction (courage, fresh ideas, I dig 3rd person games), but at the same time I don't know how I feel about how safe they went with releasing it under God of War name with Kratos as MC. It's like they wanted to do things differently, but didn't know how the market would react and hoped they would atleast get some money back from people instabuying it because of the brand.

I'm interested in it, but it's so weird.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I’m kind sad that this game play less like that hack & slash game. I guess I can’t really launch enemies up and do more combos on air like the last games but I should I have known about that even since I saw how god damn close the camera is to the character.

Sigh.....

Toe-Knee

This sounds awesome. I was always interested in God of War but hated how it played.

With these changes I can probably finally get into it.

FightTest

I think the story behind the GoW games is cool, but like some others I never liked the button mashing gameplay. I only played the first one on PS2 but I quit a few hours in after getting bored.

I may try this one when it releases. It's been a while and I'm a sucker for pantheon god mythology.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I always loved the way God of War played. It has fluid chain link movements and grabs. You could point your Blades of Chaos in one direction and hit them with precision.

I like this in the sense that you're getting meaty combos in a more grounded world. Sure, it's not #myGodofWar in the sense that I had each other God of War at their launch. I'm happy to try this.

I can remember the days before the original God of War came out and now this. lol it's crazy they had such success and then had to basically change it entirely in order to get it made in 2018. Now it's the retro God of War.

I am anticipating the visuals and the combat of this new game.

Horns

Looking forward to this game and this cover is amazing. Now that the camera is not locked, I feel like I'll enjoy this GOW even more.

With a new gear progression, crafting, different combat system and no jump this seems like a total opposite of God of War we all know and many (myself included) genuinely enjoy. I'm split. There's a lot of things that I like about this direction (courage, fresh ideas, I dig 3rd person games), but at the same time I don't know how I feel about how safe they went with releasing it under God of War name with Kratos as MC. It's like they wanted to do things differently, but didn't know how the market would react and hoped they would atleast get some money back from people instabuying it because of the brand.

No Jump has been confirmed? This was my greatest fear :(

Dunki

Honestly I do not know if I like this drastic change. Kratos or God of War always was something totally ridiculous with huge set pieces brutality and other mature themes. And yes this also included the calssic sex minigame which they wre always trying to top.

But this feels way too Last of us, Horizon or days gone. They all have a similar style now and while Sony pretty much perfected these types of games I do not know If I want to be a GOD of War like this. I am pretty sure the press will love this but I think I will wait a bit. Depends in which month it will actually get released and how many other games I want.

But so far more eh.. I really need to see a huge set piece moment I guess.

SDCowboy

No jump? Do you have a link to this?

Brock2621

I wholeheartedly believe in Cory. He has great sensibility, understands trickle rewarding players, seems to know the pressure on their shoulders and the risk involved and I’m ready to go in with a fresh mindset in parallel with the fresh reinvention.

God of War series thrived in my youth and I’ve grown up both physically and in my tastes and I’m excited for a mature, story invested action adventure God of War.

My fingers are optimistically crossed 🤞🏻

Sacrothul

Neo Member
Many artists do such arts. Anything like that would be a copy since first Warhammer arts. And artists have to take inspiration somewhere. Believe me, many of them take big bucks but they aren't that good. I deal with them from time to time.

Brock2621

Looks like the entire article was posted to reddit. Not sure if it’s still up or not but I grabbed it. I haven’t read it yet but Game Informer got to play it

Awesome.

Also for people that are worried about the gameplay changing -- there are around 6 games in a similar fashion of God of War. Not sure why it had to continue down the exact same road... this different take seems interesting and unique.

Top Bottom