• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Gen Consoles 60FPS vs. 30FPS

This. No reason why an open world single player games NEEDS to be 60fps. Sure, it’s nice, but devs are ALWAYS going to push the boundaries of graphics and resolution. Especially on fixed hardware like a console. Most competitive games ARE 60fps on console. Fighting games, competitive shooters and platformers are usually 60fps on consoles.

Let’s just get used to the fact that we’ll continue this debate for another 6-8 years when the PS5 and Scarlett both have some games at 30fps and others at 60fps, just like last gen. And the gen before that.
Literally there is no point in playing hitman or a game of such sorts at 60 FPS only arcade racing games demand 60 FPS it's not an issue like how people moan about it

Bullshit. Anyone who says this needs to book an appointment with the eye doctor immediately.

The difference between a game at 4K and 1080p is night and day obvious.

Heck even on a 13.3 display I can tell the difference, although at size I wouldn’t pay the premium over 1080p,

I have no issue with anyone who says they are OK with 1080p, but saying that most can’t tell the difference is not true.
To me playing at 60fps in one hour starts to look like 30 and thats my truth

SonGoku

Bullshit.
It’s very likely that devs will aim for at least 4K/30 next gen. So in most cases there should be the option to fall back to 1080/60.
in some cases yeah but far be it from a universal setting
Console devs don't leave iddle resources, even at 30fps a game can be designed to max out (or close to it) the CPU

Devs won't universally target 4k either, there's plenty of half step resolution targets

Reallink

I expect next gen consoles will support advanced upscaling at the hardware level (e.g. temporal reconstruction, checkerboarding, CAS, DLSS derivative) where the performance advantage is so substantial, "native 4K" will effectively never be used. The question still remains whether they use all that additional overhead to increase geometry/asset quality, or push frame rate. Personally, I would prefer they pushed fidelity as far as possible. I suspect proper implementation of HDMI 2.1 features like variable refresh rate and quick frame transport could make something in the 40's as smooth and responsive as what we currently see at 60.

in some cases yeah but far be it from a universal setting
Console devs don't leave iddle resources, even at 30fps a game can be designed to max out (or close to it) the CPU

Devs won't universally target 4k either, there's plenty of half step resolution targets
1080p 30fps is still the standard for me and 4k 30 is the goal, graphics and story are more important there's no point in playing a ps5 game at 60fps 4k that still uses PS4 assets

True 4K at 30 frames per second should be the norm with PS5 games, in my opinion. Of course there will be exceptions for racers and fighting games - anything competitive, really - aiming for 60 frames per second and that's fine. But I think that with most games being action-adventure, open world, RPGs etc should aim for better graphics as opposed to a higher frame rate.

Last edited:

Rayderism

I'm blind in one eye and I can see the difference between 30 and 60fps.

BUT

The difference doesn't bother me. With all the shady crap going on in the gaming industry these days, resolutions and framerates are the least of my concerns.

oli_1_uk

Neo Member
PS5 would be the initial choice because of the exclusives, personally I'd be happy with a consistent 30fps and 1080p anything more is a bonus but I can't see 60fps 4k being the standard for quite a while

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Bullshit.
It’s very likely that devs will aim for at least 4K/30 next gen. So in most cases there should be the option to fall back to 1080/60.

Nothing stopped the devs this gen, or even last gen to run the games in 60 fps. Graphic sells, and it's pretty naive to think the devs suddenly would focus on 60 fps.

Game devs will always push the graphics and push the framerate to the minimum for extra graphic fidelity.

Last edited:

Skyr

Nothing stopped the devs this gen, or even last gen to run the games in 60 fps. Graphic sells, and it's pretty naive to think the devs suddenly would focus on 60 fps.

Game devs will always push the graphics and push the framerate to the minimum for extra graphic fidelity.
I was talking about an additional performance mode.

FeldMonster

There is a clear difference in smoothness in the movement of everything. Even if you ignore the vase (which isn't a good example because it's in fast forward) you can clearly see the environment around you moving with a smoother motion instead of a noticeable stutter by comparison. If you can't see that there are only three things that can be happening:

- You are lying.

- There is something wrong with your eyes (though i don't know of any condition that has such effects)

- There is something wrong with your monitor/TV. Maybe the gif doesn't sync correctly so 60fps and may still stutter in similar fashion to 30fps.

So here is a better example in video format:

You also need to take into account that screen size also matters. Frame rate differences are more noticeable on a big screen vs a tiny gif. So watch that video at full screen, just like how you would play a game. Also watch the video at HD otherwise it will lock at 30fps which will make it useless.

Yes because they use heavy motion blur to hide the 30fps stutter and i can't see shit. If the game was 60fps, you could see more details during those fast camera movements instead of undefined blurred images. Also, that gif/video is low quality anyway.

1. I am certainly not lying, that doesn't really help anybody.
2. As far as I know, my optometrist has stated my eyes are healthy.
3. I never considered screen size. I know I won't see anything on my TV because I prefer to play with Motion Interpolation for the feel (and I hate the look of 24 fps movies compared to with motion interpolation on). However, I have been watching everything on my phone.

I. Just. Don't. See. A. Difference.
They look exactly, 100% identical.
I watched part of that video, but it did bot help.

xool

3. I never considered screen size. I know I won't see anything on my TV because I prefer to play with Motion Interpolation for the feel (and I hate the look of 24 fps movies compared to with motion interpolation on). However, I have been watching everything on my phone.

You need to watch those youtube videos at 720p60 or higher for the 60fps to be even present ..

That said - I can't distinguish A from B either without the helpful "60fps" in the corner ..

nkarafo

You need to watch those youtube videos at 720p60 or higher for the 60fps to be even present ..

That said - I can't distinguish A from B either without the helpful "60fps" in the corner ..

You guys need to fix your setups. Obviously there is something wrong with your monitors/TVs. Make sure they are synced properly. Also make sure you disable any motion+, motion filter, "100/200,etc hz" filters your TV has enabled. It makes 30fps look smoother (so it comes close to how 60fps looks) but it's BAD for gaming (too much added input lag and possible artifacts).

There is no way in the world you can't tell the difference, unless there is something interfering with the video or filtering it. This is a fact. It's impossible otherwise. If you are a human being you can see it.

vxZAKRm.gif

How can one not notice the difference? 60 frames per second means you see twice as much of a game in one second.
That 30 FPS footage is tampered it's stucky not really 30fps this is 30 fps

That’s not how it looks in games though.
The RE was a better example as you have to concentrate hard to try see the difference.
That's the most false representation ever that shit isn't 30 it's just an illustration of what the difference feels like but it's not truly running at 30 if it where then you wouldn't tell the difference between the 2

Now as you can clearly see most people nowadays just like complaining about everything online I clearly see no problem whatsoever playing at 30 FPS in such games and God knows most people crying for mandatory 60fps will still cry for 120fps if 60 becomes the norm

There is a clear difference in smoothness in the movement of everything. Even if you ignore the vase (which isn't a good example because it's in fast forward) you can clearly see the environment around you moving with a smoother motion instead of a noticeable stutter by comparison. If you can't see that there are only three things that can be happening:

- You are lying.

- There is something wrong with your eyes (though i don't know of any condition that has such effects)

- There is something wrong with your monitor/TV. Maybe the gif doesn't sync correctly so 60fps and may still stutter in similar fashion to 30fps.

So here is a better example in video format:

You also need to take into account that screen size also matters. Frame rate differences are more noticeable on a big screen vs a tiny gif. So watch that video at full screen, just like how you would play a game. Also watch the video at HD otherwise it will lock at 30fps which will make it useless.

Yes because they use heavy motion blur to hide the 30fps stutter and i can't see shit. If the game was 60fps, you could see more details during those fast camera movements instead of undefined blurred images. Also, that gif/video is low quality anyway.
they don't look so different honestly people just like wanking on bed and complain online this days I literally don't understand people hating 30fps

nkarafo

they don't look so different honestly
Please stop it. If you are really honest try fixing your setup/display/whatever. If you don't know what's the issue that prevents these videos or gifs from displaying properly you could just say it instead of trying to prove people, who know what they are talking about, wrong.

people just like wanking on bed and complain online this days I literally don't understand people hating 30fps
Who cares about people not having a problem with 30fps, you like what you like but claiming there is no difference is disingenuous and dishonest.

Please stop it. If you are really honest try fixing your setup/display/whatever. If you don't know what's the issue that prevents these videos or gifs from displaying properly you could just say it instead of trying to prove people, who know what they are talking about, wrong.

Who cares about people not having a problem with 30fps, you like what you like but claiming there is no difference is disingenuous and dishonest.
I said they don't look so much different obviously 60 is better than 30 but there isn't a problem playing at 30, the way people complain here it's as if 30 FPS is stop motion, here's a footage of uncharted 4 at 30 and I beg somebody tell me what is bad about this.

xool

You guys need to fix your setups. Obviously there is something wrong with your monitors/TVs. Make sure they are synced properly. Also make sure you disable any motion+, motion filter, "100/200,etc hz" filters your TV has enabled. It makes 30fps look smoother (so it comes close to how 60fps looks) but it's BAD for gaming (too much added input lag and possible artifacts).

There is no way in the world you can't tell the difference, unless there is something interfering with the video or filtering it. This is a fact. It's impossible otherwise. If you are a human being you can see it.
There's nothing wrong with my display - the difference just isn't that great except when the camera pans quickly. get over it.

nkarafo

There's nothing wrong with my display - the difference just isn't that great except when the camera pans quickly. get over it.

This is what you said:

And now this:
the difference just isn't that great except when the camera pans quickly
Moving goal posts much?

See, whether the difference is "great" or not that's your opinion. Each person has it's own standards. Claiming there isn't one at all means there is something that prevents you from seeing it. That's just common logic.

Last edited:

nkarafo

I said they don't look so much different
They look different. There's no "much" because that's a different amount for each person.

And that video you posted, yeah, since you ask me it looks slow to me, just like every 30fps game. I'm used to 60+ fps so i guess i am more demanding when it comes to motion in videogames. It's great that you like it though. I can still play a 30fps game but if i had other options i wouldn't.

Last edited:
They look different. There's no "much" because that's a different amount for each person.

And that video you posted, yeah, since you ask me it looks slow to me, just like every 30fps game. I'm used to 60+ fps so i guess i am more demanding when it comes to motion in videogames. It's great that you like it though. I can still play a 30fps game but if i had other options i wouldn't.
What grinds my gears is that 60 FPS should never be mandatory it's a ridiculous loss of resources on closed systems like consoles a developer should aim for whatever he's making, what's important to me especially talking about next gen is graphics fidelity and story basically I care about art quality more than performance, whether I saw terminator 1 n 2 on VHS, dvd or Blu-ray doesn't matter I saw the movie n that's it! What I need to see for ps5 or Scarlett is cgi level of detail similar to avatar I mean more polygons better lighting better textures, animations, better ai more physics and volumetric particles and fluid simulations, basically they need to look like cgi films that's the point because there's nothing amusing about playing a next gen game at 4k or 8k 60 FPS when it looks like a 360 game

nkarafo

because there's nothing amusing about playing a next gen game at 4k or 8k 60 FPS when it looks like a 360 game
Ah, another false assumption. That 60fps games look "much" worse or, let alone, a generation behind.

Tell me, you saw DOOM 2016 on PS4 and though "ew, that's a 360 game"? What about Resident Evil 7? Does that game look "as bad as a 60fps game" to you? I bet the later Wolfenstein games also look like PS3 games in your eyes, despite being some of the most beautiful looking, effects heavy FPS games, am i right?

Just the usual hyperbole to justify one's low standards.

That being said, i agree that nothing should be mandatory. A developer should be able to do whatever they want.

bitbydeath

Consumers do care, that's why CoD was ahead of BF for a LOOOOONG time on consoles ( and still is ).

Because that game was 60fps, casuals just called it "smooth".

If you gave a CoD casual a 30fps game he'd know and call the game slow.

Just because they don't exactly know, they do care.

No, they’re just two very different games.

Ah, another false assumption. That 60fps games look "much" worse or, let alone, a generation behind.

Tell me, you saw DOOM 2016 on PS4 and though "ew, that's a 360 game"? What about Resident Evil 7? Does that game look "as bad as a 60fps game" to you? I bet the later Wolfenstein games also look like PS3 games in your eyes, despite being some of the most beautiful looking, effects heavy FPS games, am i right?

Just the usual hyperbole to justify one's low standards.

That being said, i agree that nothing should be mandatory. A developer should be able to do whatever they want.
doom looked great but would have looked even better if it ran at 30 all those 60 FPS games have sacrificed alot to run at 60 I think if next gen games target 4k 60 they'll simply look like overpowered PS4 games

nkarafo

doom looked great
But you said 60fps games look last gen. Now you say it looks great? I don't get it.

but would have looked even better if it ran at 30
And? It looks great, much better than many 30fps games out there.

Oh and 30fps games would look better if they were 20fps. Ocarina of Time run at 20fps on the N64, it still played "fine" so let's drop all games to 20fps because they are going to look even better.

all those 60 FPS games have sacrificed alot to run at 60
All those 30fps games have also sacrificed "a lot", which is why they run at 30fps. They sacrificed playbility/responsiveness/smoothness. You are kidding yourself if you thing a better looking DOOM at 30fps would play as great.

The next DOOM game will look even better and they won't have to sacrifice the frame rate.

Last edited:
Your simply stupid don't know if I'm discussing with a 5 year old or 10, grow up mate Ur just nagging
But you said 60fps games look last gen. Now you say it looks great? I don't get it.

And? It looks great, much better than many 30fps games out there.

Oh and 30fps games would look better if they were 20fps. Ocarina of Time run at 20fps on the N64, it still played "fine" so let's drop all games to 20fps because they are going to look even better.

All those 30fps games have also sacrificed a lot, which is why they run at 30fps. They sacrificed playbility/responsiveness/smoothness. You are kidding yourself if you thing a better looking DOOM at 30fps would play as great.

nkarafo

Minecraft sells more than both at 30FPS.
I thought you guys love 30fps because it makes games look great and cinematic and all. Yet here you are, defending 30fps even on something like Minecraft. I haven't played the game on consoles (it's an easy 60 on any PC) but all this time i assumed it was a 60fps game even there.

So, if you don't care about graphics then what is it that you love so much about sacrificing frame rates?

MMaRsu

Banned

So? Thats a totally different genre aimed at a totally different market.

I'm not saying cod is better than BF or BF is better than cod.

I'm saying one was historically 30fps on consoles for its multiplayer and one was 60fps.

Give a casual cod player a go at the 30fps version of BF, he'll say ugh what is this slow sluggish mess?

give a casual cod player a go at the 60fps ps4 version of BF and he'll have a lot more fun with that.

Last edited:

Shifty

Sales aren't relevant to this conversation.

Ok you won so go enjoy Ur arguing trophy dame it, I'm tryna do something else if u keep complaining the notifications keep ringing so goodluck Mr 60fps
Good lord. Resorting to namecalling, and then blaming your inability to ignore GAF's notification box on others.

How childish :messenger_tears_of_joy: let's see what kind of sterling argumentation led up to this low-key meltdown.

Literally there is no point in playing hitman or a game of such sorts at 60 FPS only arcade racing games demand 60 FPS it's not an issue like how people moan about it
Dismissing a flat doubling of framerate in a game that involves aiming weaponry in first/third person? Nonsense. There is no 'literally' when the resulting 60 gives the player twice as much information to operate on, regardless of genre.

And let's not forget fighting games, character action games, rhythm games and anything competitive if you're playing the already-shaky genre limitations card. If you really want to argue that corner, you'd have better luck using an RTS or grand strategy like Civ as your jumping-off point.

To me playing at 60fps in one hour starts to look like 30 and thats my truth
I believe "self-delusion" is the more accurate term if you're going to use this 'personal truth' to argue that 60 isn't necessary.

1080p 30fps is still the standard for me and 4k 30 is the goal, graphics and story are more important there's no point in playing a ps5 game at 60fps 4k that still uses PS4 assets
And nobody is going to take that precious opinion away from you. We will, however, call you out on your bullshit if you start trying to convince us that black is white and anything above 30 is pointless.

That Uncharted footage has screen-space motion blur slathered all over it to hide the low framerate.
The gif isn't tampered. RE4 just didn't have access to that particular visual hack back in the Gamecube era.

Your not showing the frame dips I'm sure this isn't 30fps
Frame rate stability is not the same as frame rate target. The video is clearly 30 / 60.

they don't look so different honestly people just like wanking on bed and complain online this days I literally don't understand people hating 30fps
Aww, is little diddums getting fwustwated that other people have their own differing standards? :messenger_loudly_crying:
Better start prepping the tantrum then.

I said they don't look so much different obviously 60 is better than 30 but there isn't a problem playing at 30, the way people complain here it's as if 30 FPS is stop motion, here's a footage of uncharted 4 at 30 and I beg somebody tell me what is bad about this.
It's more bad than 60.

Note that this is a relative comparison. You seem to want an absolute one, but that would be subjective and therefore not relevant to the discussion.

What grinds my gears is that 60 FPS should never be mandatory it's a ridiculous loss of resources on closed systems like consoles
You can easily turn that argument around and say that sacrificing performance for fidelity is a ridiculous waste of resources on weak console hardware. And it's conveniently contradicted by your next statement:

a developer should aim for whatever he's making
And that should be shiny 30 instead of performant 60 why? Ah yes, because you're projecting your 'personal truth' onto this theroetical developer.

what's important to me especially talking about next gen is graphics fidelity and story basically I care about art quality more than performance
Sure, but that's not an excuse to dismiss differing opinions and denigrate other users for holding them.

whether I saw terminator 1 n 2 on VHS, dvd or Blu-ray doesn't matter I saw the movie n that's it!
Hate to break it to you, but video games are interactive and therefore not movies.

Performance and visual fidelity in a video game scale inversely. In a movie, they have no such relationship. A meaningless comparison.

What I need to see for ps5 or Scarlett is cgi level of detail similar to avatar I mean more polygons better lighting better textures, animations, better ai more physics and volumetric particles and fluid simulations, basically they need to look like cgi films that's the point because there's nothing amusing about playing a next gen game at 4k or 8k 60 FPS when it looks like a 360 game
This just in: Video games cannot be fun unless they're also super pretty. We should scrap the 'game' part because it doesn't actually matter and just call them videos :messenger_smirking:

doom looked great but would have looked even better if it ran at 30 all those 60 FPS games have sacrificed alot to run at 60 I think if next gen games target 4k 60 they'll simply look like overpowered PS4 games
And, as a fast action video game, it would have played worse. Are you seeing the pattern here?

Your simply stupid don't know if I'm discussing with a 5 year old or 10, grow up mate Ur just nagging
And there it is! Observe as the rattle flies out of the pram at a juddery motion-blurred 30FPS.

Last edited:
I mentioned this in the other thread but I think for Hi-Fidelity graphics with 4K 60fps, the AMD Ryzen Zen 2 CPU needs to reach a minimum of 4.0Ghz and the AMD Navi RDNA GPU would need to reach close to 2.0 Ghz. Also wouldn't Freesync 2 with HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate have an impact on the smoothness of motion?

Sales aren't relevant to this conversation.

Good lord. Resorting to namecalling, and then blaming your inability to ignore GAF's notification box on others.

How childish :messenger_tears_of_joy: let's see what kind of sterling argumentation led up to this low-key meltdown.

Dismissing a flat doubling of framerate in a game that involves aiming weaponry in first/third person? Nonsense. There is no 'literally' when the resulting 60 gives the player twice as much information to operate on, regardless of genre.

And let's not forget fighting games, character action games, rhythm games and anything competitive if you're playing the already-shaky genre limitations card. If you really want to argue that corner, you'd have better luck using an RTS or grand strategy like Civ as your jumping-off point.

I believe "self-delusion" is the more accurate term if you're going to use this 'personal truth' to argue that 60 isn't necessary.

And nobody is going to take that precious opinion away from you. We will, however, call you out on your bullshit if you start trying to convince us that black is white and anything above 30 is pointless.

That Uncharted footage has screen-space motion blur slathered all over it to hide the low framerate.
The gif isn't tampered. RE4 just didn't have access to that particular visual hack back in the Gamecube era.

Frame rate stability is not the same as frame rate target. The video is clearly 30 / 60.

Aww, is little diddums getting fwustwated that other people have their own differing standards? :messenger_loudly_crying:
Better start prepping the tantrum then.

It's more bad than 60.

Note that this is a relative comparison. You seem to want an absolute one, but that would be subjective and therefore not relevant to the discussion.

You can easily turn that argument around and say that sacrificing performance for fidelity is a ridiculous waste of resources on weak console hardware. And it's conveniently contradicted by your next statement:

And that should be shiny 30 instead of performant 60 why? Ah yes, because you're projecting your 'personal truth' onto this theroetical developer.

Sure, but that's not an excuse to dismiss differing opinions and denigrate other users for holding them.

Hate to break it to you, but video games are interactive and therefore not movies.

Performance and visual fidelity in a video game scale inversely. In a movie, they have no such relationship. A meaningless comparison.

This just in: Video games cannot be fun unless they're also super pretty. We should scrap the 'game' part because it doesn't actually matter and just call them videos :messenger_smirking:

And, as a fast action video game, it would have played worse. Are you seeing the pattern here?

And there it is! Observe as the rattle flies out of the pram at a juddery motion-blurred 30FPS.
Shows how full of estrogen you are to collect all my comments just to complain typical sissy

bitbydeath

So? Thats a totally different genre aimed at a totally different market.

I'm not saying cod is better than BF or BF is better than cod.

I'm saying one was historically 30fps on consoles for its multiplayer and one was 60fps.

Give a casual cod player a go at the 30fps version of BF, he'll say ugh what is this slow sluggish mess?

give a casual cod player a go at the 60fps ps4 version of BF and he'll have a lot more fun with that.

My point was COD and BF are different markets too. You seem fine comparing them but not Minecraft?

WorldHero

I prefer some games at 30 fps. I know I'm in the minority, but Uncharted is a perfect example where the "cinematic look" works. I'm part of the population that sees 60fps as "too videogamey" sometimes. Kind of like the "soap opera" effect on TV's.

Otterz4Life

Minecraft is 60fps on Xbox One.

So are most racing, fighting, FPSes, competitive online games and everything else that needs it.

There’s no reason why an open world single player game NEEDS to be 60fps.

xool

Moving goal posts much?
No not really - let me clarify - I really don't think I can tell the difference between 60fps and 30fps in a lot of gameplay - but not all - I can see a big difference when rotating the camera rapidly.

Give me 10 random unmarked videos with normal tps/fps gameplay of a character moving forward shooting etc - ask me which where 60fps, which 30fps -- I really don't think I'd get a better than 50% hit rate.

There's a reason 24fps has been completely acceptable in cinema for a century .. though yes - they do favor slow pans .. ;)

dalekjay

i think that performance mode and cinematic mode should be standard, but the reality is that the games will have 60fps within the transition to the new generation, then, for wow effect to casuals it will have 30fps to maximize big words. Besides competitive gaming, it will turn all to 30fps

Back in 2013 everybody was moaning for stable 1080p 30fps and the PS4 delivered a few years later everybody is moaning for 4k 60 despite 80 percent of gamers not even owning a 4k TV and when next gen consoles come out everybody will start complaining for 8k 120fps, bunch of coconuts looking like men on the outside and little suckling girls on the inside grow up. Back to basics graphics fidelity and the games themselves are more important moving for next gen than resolutions and frame rates because nobody ever bought a game because of frame rates

nkarafo

There's a reason 24fps has been completely acceptable in cinema for a century
There sure is. 24fps was decided as the balance between cost and viewing experience. The minimum acceptable frame rate to fool the eye that there is motion, with the maximum acceptable cost. Below that and you would be able to see the individual frames and ruin the viewing experience. Above that and it would be too expensive. It was an economical compromise, not the optimal viewing experience.

And let's talk about cartoons, shall we? Using the same logic i could even defend 12fps because "there's a reason 12fps has been completely acceptable for cartoons, blah blah". As you know, most modern cartoons use repeated frames so you get half of that frame rate. And sometimes you get even less. Is it acceptable? Apparently the industry decided it is since it's far easier and cheaper to produce. So what now? We should accept 12fps games as well because cartoons do it?

But any of that doesn't matter since you forget how Video Games are not the same thing as movies or cartoons. They are interactive, they need precision, responsiveness, etc. And that's why earlier generations of consoles (up to the 4rth gen) were 60fps as standard, because that was the maximum the displays allowed for these aspects and they used it all. Then the game industry pulled the same shit as the movie industry and decided to slow them down because 3D graphics were demanding and the right hardware to handle them properly was too expensive. So 30fps is also a compromise. You people boast about 60fps games doing "sacrifices" but it's the opposite. It's 30fps games that do the sacrifices and compromises since games were 60fps from the beginning.

Oh and 30fps, that particular number, isn't even a choice, it's just the number you end up using because it's the half of 60hz display and the only way to sync properly by repeating one frame. Otherwise they would choose some other number. Why not 50fps or 40fps, or 45? They were forced to use 30 otherwise there would be extra stuttering and that would make the games look even worse than stable 30.

Last edited:
Top Bottom