• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next gen is going to be even more woke!

EDMIX

I'm sorry some of you guys making thing way more complicated than it actually is. Yoko Taro said the reason he design 2B the way she is because he simply likes sexy designs, you can make stupid political argument that he is try to shove "sexy design" down our throat but the fact is he just like put that in his game.

Same story with Last of Us part 2, like it or not thats story he wants tell and no one is "forcing" anybody to play it if they don't want to.....its really that simple.

AGAIN I will use this quote:

So some of you guys can stress over whats "woke" and whats not and rest of us will just simply enjoy the game.

nah, he is trying to FORCE THE OBJECTIVITY OF WOMEN DOWN OUR THROATS! /s

Be like, TRUE OR FALSE, the objectivity of women exist all of the world and even Japan

(Say true so I can win please) lol

Them. "I think game developers can put anything they want in they games"

"Yoko Taro said the reason he design 2B the way she is because he simply likes sexy designs "

Also them . "WOOOOOOW......so they are allowed to have a forced political agenda to pander to robots then?"

TRUE OR FALSE, does square NOT make COMPUTER games? AGENDA CONFIRMED!

PanzerAzel

So some of you guys can stress over whats "woke" and whats not and rest of us will just simply enjoy the game.
I'll enjoy games all the same, but I do have a problem with agendas, not because they afford diversity, but because when they are poorly executed they harm the cause they purport to help. TLoU II is a prime example of this. Look at the backlash it has caused. Did the first game? No. Why not? It should've, as it held "woke" elements in it. Yet I didn't hear a single word, and even Left Behind's revelation didn't cause such an uproar. There were a few that moaned, but nothing like TLoU II has gotten.

I desire more representation and diversity in gaming, but execution is paramount. It can be poorly done and has consequences when it is in the form of push-back. I don't believe for one second the majority of push-back we are witnessing against TLoU II is from the content itself, but is instead due to the manner of its inclusion (the trailers brought suspicion and then the leaks poured fuel on the fire). Which is the frustrating thing, because people who can't grasp this distinction immediately conflate flawed execution with objection to the content. They are two separate issues.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'll enjoy games all the same, but I do have a problem with agendas, not because they afford diversity, but because when they are poorly executed they harm the cause they purport to help. TLoU II is a prime example of this. Look at the backlash it has caused. Did the first game? No. Why not? It should've, as it held "woke" elements in it. Yet I didn't hear a single word, and even Left Behind's revelation didn't cause such an uproar. There were a few that moaned, but nothing like TLoU II has gotten.

I desire more representation and diversity in gaming, but execution is paramount. It can be poorly done and has consequences when it is in the form of push-back. I don't believe for one second the majority of push-back we are witnessing against TLoU II is from the content itself, but is instead due to the manner of its inclusion (the trailers brought suspicion and then the leaks poured fuel on the fire). Which is the frustrating thing, because people who can't grasp this distinction immediately conflate flawed execution with objection to the content.
I will decide how well it done when I play it myself not from bunch of angry people on internet......This just me but based everything I have seen from trailer and gameplay footage, I had no issue with any of them.....I'm not even sure what part of it I suppose to be angry about.

PanzerAzel

I will decide how well it done when I play it myself not from bunch of angry people on internet......This just me but based everything I have seen from trailer and gameplay footage, I had no issue with any of them.....I'm not even sure what part of it I suppose to be angry about.
Fair enough if you didn’t see an issue, that doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist. There’s a fairly big fuss about it so many do. I didn’t come to my conclusion by listening to others as you insinuate, I looked at the evidence myself. And TLoU II is the only game in my thirty five+ years of gaming where I see an agenda being pushed, very explicitly.

Danjin44

Fair enough if you didn’t see an issue, that doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist.
No, it just means it might be "issue" to some but not to others, for example some people dont like the fact TLOU Part 2 is super violent and bleak so that could be "issue" for some people if its not for me then its not longer issue or flaw.

PanzerAzel

No, it just means it might be "issue" to some but not to others, for example some people dont like the fact TLOU Part 2 is super violent and bleak so that could be "issue" for some people if its not for me then its not longer issue or flaw.
This isn’t about subjective taste. Just because something doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Ive never had a problem with the main character being whatever. Ive never cared. It honestly doesn’t matter if its a man/woman, black/white, straight/gay.
I honestly doesnt matter. Now that being said. It is pretty noticeable that minority’s are just being shoe horned in. In a way it feels really disingenuous.
Can you give me examples of these shoe horned in Minorities etc

I disagree greatly. I think you are just seeing the freedom from some creators to create that have been creating content for a long time.

"For example, when the first thing we see in the TLOU2 trailer was Ellie’s sexual orientation" I mean...look at how you are even phrasing it. You are not saying you are seeing 2 characters kiss to establish a plot point, its first thing you see is da "sexual orientation"

So we saying the same thing about Days Gone?

Is that solely just to establish the sexual orientation of Decon?

So the issue is that folks are trying to fucking take EVERY LAST ACTION as a sign of "must be wokez agendaz". If you can't apply that fairly to all kisses in all games or in all works, it makes no sense to then argue it must be for some agenda and nothing else, as you might as well argue Anita is right and the "agendaz" exist as that is her entire argument. White guy in game, must be agenda cause why else would white guy be in game etc /s

Arguing it about a different demographic doesn't make the argument make any more sense.

So all I see is people using Fear Effect as an example, but ignoring those same people would just argue Fear Effect if released TODAY is da "agendaz" as if you can read anyone's mind to even fucking know WHY they put something in a game or not. To argue this is to say all games using this logic are agendaz.

If Ghost In The Shell released TODAY you'd argue it was some agenda...

zZGXzx.gif

?Now? Some rule existed that stated we couldn't do it before? So you are simply arguing happenchance. You not knowing it existed before doesn't mean it was based on some agenda to do it NOW, it simply means you may not know such a thing wasn't banned or off limits before or something.

Can't? What law was made that you can't? No limit exist on something like that to make some strange argument about it...

Like you? I mean...read your own post. Think about what you yourself are saying...

and

and

You know what my concerns are? If the game is fucking fun....thats it. I don't care what they believe, who they pray to, who they vote for etc. I see no reason to get mad over such a thing and then be like " will offend people who will never even play the games in the first place." only to also say stuff like "I don’t like it when they tamper with beloved or well known franchises"

So you know folks will be offended while you are doing the same "concern" with the same thing simply with different demographics?

Whats your solution? We only make games you like? The way you like? come on man. You have to see how weird any of this is to get mad at folks getting offended, only to be offended by the inclusion of something cause it could be an agenda when you were JUST mad about folks that might be offended by the lack of something as a agenda...

You are simply disputing that you'd be the other side of the coin in that respect.

Put it in and its an agenda to you. Thus you get "concerned" about it being "tampered"
Take it out and its an agenda to them and "will offend people"

THIS my friend is why I only play games for fun and fully allow the developer to openly and freely create what the fuck they feel like.

This 1000%, but no "but", keep that same energy. Stop pretending you really mean that only to then attack developers with this whole "I don’t like it when they tamper with beloved or well known franchises".

They should not be attacked and always bothered with this whole accusation that them including something MUST be to

So some of those Ubisoft Assassins Creed titles could have 3 teams involved with over 1000 developers, you telling me you going to make sure all of them are not doing something to do some deep dive on all their social media to ensure they don't "fill some political checklist or to score brownie points with certain groups and demographics"? smh.

Come on man. You don't know why they put in what they put in unless they legit openly say so, but relax with alllllllll those assumptions simply based on a fucking demographic in a game. Last time I checked, that was the entire SJW argument btw. Whiteguy in game, must be agenda to score points etc.

Guess we look at things from different perspectives. Judging by the reaction at the TLOU2 unveiling, seems like most people didn’t just see a passionate kiss for plot. I play ALL types of games for fun first and foremost. Gameplay is most important above all else to me. As I said, the developers can do what they want and gamers can decide if they want to support it or not. There are just certain things I see that imho feel forced, like blatant pandering or just not genuine.

Look at a good portion of these so called video games journalists, websites and publications unashamedly letting people know about their political views to the point where they will even chastise a game if it doesn’t line up with their ideologies. This most likely translates into companies changing certain things in their games to satisfy these “reviewers“ and the media.

Will this affect my enjoyment with most video games? Probably not by much honestly, but not everybody is going to look at these things with the same outlook. I probably just see things different from the average person. What doesn’t bother one person might bother someone else.

Last edited:
Anytime i hear "woke" that sounds like a George Michael song in my head: "woke me up, before you go go go"... 🥳😋😂🤣🌈❤ anytime!
I just can't take this kind of talks seriously at all.
tumblr_mzttsoJwpl1qzsq0xo1_500.gif

I loved him so much. 🥰🌈

Last edited:

Yoboman

Remember before 2016 when we got female protagonists in games like Mirrors Edge, Portal, Bayonetta, Silent Hill 3, Tomb Raider, Perfect Dark, Metroid, FFXII, Resident Evil, Beyond Good and Evil and even TLOU and gamers didn't cry like manbabies that a woman was in the game?

Woopah

I desire more representation and diversity in gaming, but execution is paramount. It can be poorly done and has consequences when it is in the form of push-back. I don't believe for one second the majority of push-back we are witnessing against TLoU II is from the content itself, but is instead due to the manner of its inclusion (the trailers brought suspicion and then the leaks poured fuel on the fire). Which is the frustrating thing, because people who can't grasp this distinction immediately conflate flawed execution with objection to the content. They are two separate issues.
I think the is that while there are people who are disappointed with the execution there are also plenty of people who get annoyed by certain groups being represented.

We've seen that recently with people being annoyed that the new Star Wars game has a woman in it or that Assassin's Creed allowed same sex romance. They weren't upset by the execution, there were upset by those people being in the game at all.

Danjin44

This isn’t about subjective taste. Just because something doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.
It absolutely is....the thing some people are pissed off about is that they don't like the direction ND going with the story but I might end up loving it, there are reviewer who don't like the disturbing violence in the game but I do.

Last edited:

sol_bad

The point of a trailer is to grant overall gist to the main narrative that will take place. That being, a tale of revenge, a story about hate and the unending cycle of vengeance it creates. I can't go much further into this without treading on spoiler territory.

Aside, we don't know that any relationship shown is meaningful which is my point. They frame it as superficially as possible: a very flirtatious tease dancing with guys before picking Ellie as if she's her new taste test. That didn't say anything meaningful to me about their relationship, all it did was place focus on infatuation and sexual orientation, which I believe was the intent. And again, if it were a hetero couple I'd see it as equally misplaced. People have argued ND's attempting to contrast a happy time with Ellie to be able to segue into a scene of brutal violence to demonstrate extreme dichotomy, and I might be willing to buy that, had the next trailer not arrived and within 15 seconds made an allusion to the first kiss, absent any context granting it significant meaning. What gives you any reason to think Dina is meaningful to Ellie and not just a one night stand? Because that's all the trailer granted, and that apparently was enough for Druckmann to accomplish his goal.

What further raises my suspicion is looking at ND as a studio. Their statements, actions, and affiliations. I don't have a problem with agendas or diversity. I only make this an issue because people immediately jump to the conclusion I'm a bigot and prejudiced because I'm calling out one in what I believe has evidence to back it. And in this instance, I believe Neil's hamfisted and premature handling of his ideology in promotional material of his work prior to its release has created an unnecessary backlash against the very cause he's attempting to further, and that I'd like to see improved as well. It bothers me a bit.

And yeah, I'm hugely looking forward to this. :) From what I've seen in the trailers and the leaks the quality of the writing has me a bit skeptical, but if the gameplay and world building is there and iterated upon well (as it looks to be), I'm one happy camper.

Please remember that trailers don't need to provide context, whether it's a movie or game trailer, context is never needed. You need to see the movie or play the game to get the context. I always suggest not to judge something based on a trailer but I've done it myself, the Batwoman show is an example.

As for Druckman, (or any celebrity in general really), I don't follow anyone on Twitter or social media. I don't know what he has said on Twitter and I don't know what he has said in any interviews if he has had any. For me, I'm happy to keep the art separate from the creator, he can say whatever he likes and it wouldn't affect my enthusiasm for the game. The problem with Twitter is that people act like they know the person that they follow, they judge them based on what they tweet. It's all fantasy though, no one knows the people they are following on Twitter, what someone Tweets isn't a representation of that person as a whole. We shouldn't hate someone based on Twitter because for all we know we could be best friends with that same person if we did know them on a personal basis, even if some of our opinions and world views are different.

I haven't followed the leaks and don't want to be spoiled. But I like the writing in Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 1. I also like the episodes that Halley Gross wrote for Westworld. I have no idea what or how much footage has been leaked, the leaker may have wanted the game to look as bad as possible so context to whatever scenes were leaked will make a big deal.

PanzerAzel

I think the is that while there are people who are disappointed with the execution there are also plenty of people who get annoyed by certain groups being represented.

We've seen that recently with people being annoyed that the new Star Wars game has a woman in it or that Assassin's Creed allowed same sex romance. They weren't upset by the execution, there were upset by those people being in the game at all.
Sure. I don’t deny that there are those out there who take issue with certain groups, I just don’t think the objection to TLoU II is predominantly caused by that. If it was, then it begs the question as to why there wasn’t an ounce of controversy with its predecessor that dealt in similar themes and ideologies many attribute to being woke: homosexuality, women in positions of power, etc. That indicates to me that if anything is different, it’s not the content, as it has not changed.
It absolutely is....the thing some people are pissed off about is that they don't like the direction ND going with the story but I might end up loving it, there are reviewer who don't like the disturbing violence in the game but I do.
What I’m saying is, agendas can exist irrespective of whether you find it a pressing issue or not. That has nothing whatsoever to do with taste.

Last edited:

Danjin44

What I’m saying is, agendas can exist irrespective of whether you find it a pressing issue or not. That has nothing whatsoever to do with taste.
You could say game like Persona 5 has also has agenda against people abusing their power, Final Fantasy 7 has agenda for global warming, heck could even say most Yoko Taro's games is agenda against entire ugly side of human nature.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
You could say game like Persona 5 has also has agenda against people abusing their power, Final Fantasy 7 has agenda for global warming, heck could even say most Yoko Taro's games is agenda against entire ugly side of human nature.
You have an agenda talking about an agenda

Matsuchezz

Gay-Pride-AgendaLGBT-MonthPride-Week-Graphics-4218258-1-1-580x387.jpg

This agenda looks fun, I like all kinds of new agendas portrayed in my games, it would be boring playing with the same old agendas with macho men leading all the stories within games. This generation ends with diversity and next generation will be all about diversity and i am all for it. More options is always better, more people will embrace games since product will be targeted to specific groups of people, and we all will have more kinds of games to play.

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

Please remember that trailers don't need to provide context, whether it's a movie or game trailer, context is never needed. You need to see the movie or play the game to get the context. I always suggest not to judge something based on a trailer but I've done it myself, the Batwoman show is an example.

As for Druckman, (or any celebrity in general really), I don't follow anyone on Twitter or social media. I don't know what he has said on Twitter and I don't know what he has said in any interviews if he has had any. For me, I'm happy to keep the art separate from the creator, he can say whatever he likes and it wouldn't affect my enthusiasm for the game. The problem with Twitter is that people act like they know the person that they follow, they judge them based on what they tweet. It's all fantasy though, no one knows the people they are following on Twitter, what someone Tweets isn't a representation of that person as a whole. We shouldn't hate someone based on Twitter because for all we know we could be best friends with that same person if we did know them on a personal basis, even if some of our opinions and world views are different.

I haven't followed the leaks and don't want to be spoiled. But I like the writing in Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us 1. I also like the episodes that Halley Gross wrote for Westworld. I have no idea what or how much footage has been leaked, the leaker may have wanted the game to look as bad as possible so context to whatever scenes were leaked will make a big deal.
What that trailer needed to establish towards Ellie and Dina's relationship could've just as easily been accomplished without pushing it to the point of an explicit demonstration of sexual intimacy. What would've been lost had that kiss not existed and they were shown instead partying or going out on a patrol together with dialogue alluding to a deeper relationship? Absolutely nothing, but I can tell you what would be gained by the inclusion of it: being able to place a shining spotlight upon sexual orientation to score representation points. And that's precisely what Neil wanted to do, and did. And then to remove all doubt, he followed up with the next trailer, immediately opening with an allusion to the kiss, as Heaven forbid we forget the importance of Ellie being a lesbian. It is borderline insulting how shoved in your face it is.

I don't follow Druckmann on Twitter (I don't use social media at all actually), but I do keep tabs on the general state of studios I'm interested in collectively. I don't hate Druckmann, dude's a talented game designer responsible for one of my favorite GOAT, but generally in life, you can ascertain the beliefs of someone when they open their mouth. I've read many statements from both Neil and ND over many years, I've watched the studio evolve, I know who they align themselves with ideologically from their interviews and events, and I consume their work. I can judge them on these basis respective to what is relevant to the issue at hand. And in my estimation, Druckmann is a rampant ideologue. One that I think borders on the toxic if not already so, but that's for another discussion altogether.

Sure, and if you present and argue a compelling case based on logic and substantiated by evidence, I may come to agree with you.

What's your point? Are you denying that agendas exist at all?

Last edited:

PanzerAzel

My point is most games do have "agenda", in their story, even my favourite games all time do, so what part so called "agenda" I should be offended by?
From what I've seen, most games don't. I don't think you're understanding agenda in the sense people are speaking of, or at least that I am.

If a creator includes LGBT characters, or addresses issues of environmentalism, or makes a political statement, that doesn't automatically mean an agenda is at play. When I use the term, I use it in the sense that the creator is taking a particular element in their work and granting it predominance and priority over all others. So much so to the point that their work soon largely becomes a vessel to float the respective ideology or topic the creator is attempting to push. Agendas don't exist simply because certain ideas are utilized, agendas exist because the ideas that are utilized are placed on a higher foundation of importance that oft compromises that of which is used to support it. That’s not always the case, but it can be.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Before I start I want to point out that I'm merely stating my opinion and I'll gladly listen to/discus with people who think otherwise.🙂

After the last Sony event I had mixed feelings. While there were definitely good looking games, others raised questions to me and not in a good games.

We already saw in the current gen more and more companies try to score woke points by pandering to our purple haired friends at Resetera. While we all remember the battlefield V-drama also other companies believed that pandering translated into more sales. Examples were animal crossing, rage 2, dishonored, Wolfenstein.

dlgUFfz.png

While you'd think that companies learn from this, the wokeness not only does not stop, they even seem to go further.

Games in general reaches people of all ages and are thus a great medium to sell a political agenda. Without throwing oil again on the The Last of Us 2-fire, the developer clearly stated that the game would be inspired by his personal politics.

eLItaEO.jpg

Even during game conventions a forum is given to parties that strive for diversity, political correctness and censorship in video games. I believe this is a dangerous trend as it means that developers who threw years of finances and talent into a game can face backlash simply for not meeting representation quota for a specific community. For example Days gone was review bombed by individuals because it was too white focused with two white protagonists. I fear now this will encourage other developers even more to get on the woke train because they could potentially lose profit for simplu not being inclusive enough, even if it doesn't benefits the goal of the game.

2RgmZMt.jpg

As someone who has been a Playstation fan all my life I fear even the most for Sony. The western headquarters lie in San Mateo, California which is a very leftist orientated state. So for them representation is a very important topic and I reckon it will stay so. In Hollywood they are currently working in such a way that you have to meet a certain inclusiveness quota to be eliglible for an Oscar nomination so I wouldn't be surprised if this practice would be copied to the gaming industry.

Sony had already shown disturbing signs of censorship. Removing cleavage from female npc's, making women less feminine because they might offend the trans players etc

OP2oWgp.jpg

The reason I believe this will only worsen is because the people they try to pander with wokeness will A) never play the game anyway . B) can never be satisfied. Even one of the games during the last event is facing backlash because of certain racial stereotypes. They don't seem to realize you can't win with these people. They'll just keep try to please them and and revenue lost will simply be linked to bigotry/sexism/racism or any kind of buzzword.

While I have no problem with certain inclusiveness as long it benefits the story or gameplay I believe this is rarely the case. While I'll admit that I am more right leaning I would be equally displeased with games that would be inspired by right politics.
For me games are fun escapes of reality where I'd like to forget social issues for a few hours and just enjoy a game which shows the developers creativity and which is not used as a Trojan horse for a political agenda. I am certainly not saying developers can't implement their personal politics because that would also be a sort of censorship and I support developer creativity as long it doesn't involve illegal activities (like the developer of the Volcano high game). I can simply chose not to play the game and hope others still enjoy it nevertheless.
As much as I love gaming I'm afraid this could be a determening factor for me to stop gaming or at least go retro.

So what is your opinion on this fellow gaffers. How do you feel about personal politics in games, are you indifferent about censorship and how high do you rate representation in games.
You are approaching this from the wrong way. This is not about sales. This is about the brainwashing of humanity and especially the young, since they can be more easily influenced. If you take a closer look it's not only happening in the game industry but everywhere. There are some people in the background who are pulling the strings and their activists leak in to everywhere and try to disrupt society as a whole. This is what you can see here too.

Honey Bunny

Everything is going to be infected. Get used to being belittled and shamed for the colour of your skin or the meat you were born with between your legs. Get used to being blamed for everything your ancestors did wrong, but not being allowed to take pride in what they did right. Get used to more laws and private practices prejudicing the color of people's skin over whites in uni places, exam marking, job placements and media representation while being told the system is systemically racist in favor of whites.

Or don't, and argue against it as much as you can bear.

Last edited:

StormCell

Guess we look at things from different perspectives. Judging by the reaction at the TLOU2 unveiling, seems like most people didn’t just see a passionate kiss for plot. I play ALL types of games for fun first and foremost. Gameplay is most important above all else to me. As I said, the developers can do what they want and gamers can decide if they want to support it or not. There are just certain things I see that imho feel forced, like blatant pandering or just not genuine.

Look at a good portion of these so called video games journalists, websites and publications unashamedly letting people know about their political views to the point where they will even chastise a game if it doesn’t line up with their ideologies. This most likely translates into companies changing certain things in their games to satisfy these “reviewers“ and the media.

Will this affect my enjoyment with most video games? Probably not by much honestly, but not everybody is going to look at these things with the same outlook. I probably just see things different from the average person. What doesn’t bother one person might bother someone else.

There are things I can bear in entertainment. I can ignore some stuff for a while. But if your intent is to show me something, AND YOU THINK I NEED TO SEE IT MORE OFTEN TO GET OVER IT, then I'm not going to buy your game. Gameplay becomes irrelevant when it is just a vehicle for putting something in front of you to normalize that which isn't already normal.

StormCell

I can see that this thread isn't in a safe place. There are people at the table who aren't capable of grasping what the thread is talking about, and so they mock and troll with stupid questions as if they didn't notice that Sony chose to showcase games with mainly female protagonists of only certain types (young, chibi, furry, average/thick build).

It's only a problem if it is a trend, and we do, in fact, see even fewer games that align with our tastes.

Ten_Fold

To be real honest, Twitter being as big as it is, made a lot of this woke stuff worse for sure. Facebook is just old people and family, IG is for lookin at thots, but twitter..... omg.

Woopah

I can see that this thread isn't in a safe place. There are people at the table who aren't capable of grasping what the thread is talking about, and so they mock and troll with stupid questions as if they didn't notice that Sony chose to showcase games with mainly female protagonists of only certain types (young, chibi, furry, average/thick build).

It's only a problem if it is a trend, and we do, in fact, see even fewer games that align with our tastes.

I thought they had a lot of variety of genres and characters.

What's the issue with Sony choosing to show games with female protagonists? What games shouldn't they have shown? To me the only one that looked out of place was the dinosaur one as it lacked gameplay.

To be clear I'm not trying to troll or mock I just want to understand.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
If it had Ellie kissing a guy, I'd be a bit confused considering how Left Behind left things, but yes, I'd be left equally bewildered as to how it was relevant in ANY sense given the context the trailer afforded. Hetero or homo, it doesn't matter, it is out of place. Who is this person? Is there a relationship here? What is this moment attempting to establish that's important to the rest of the trailer (other than carnal lust and an allusion to orientation?). Hooray, Ellie's a lesbian. Hooray, Ellie's straight. Either way, who gives a fuck? Leave that shit for the main game where it will actually be meaningful because it has the context to actually afford it.

I'm not going to refuse to buy it, this is TLoU II, but it would certainly raise my brow. I don't know why it doesn't yours.
Thats why you have to play the game....to find out....seriously you want it all spelled out for you before you even play it

ruvikx

Banned
I'll enjoy games all the same, but I do have a problem with agendas, not because they afford diversity, but because when they are poorly executed they harm the cause they purport to help.

I have a big problem with agendas, i.e. namely the fact those doing the moralizing, the lecturing, the preaching & pushing the woke agenda in this instance are in absolutely no shape or form qualified to give us a life lesson. Why should I allow Neil Druckmann (for example) to preach to me in my living room with his woke narrative? He's just some weird guy writing LGBT sex fantasies. The same applies to the media as well. None of them are my betters, none. They're not even subtle with their messaging, no, they're militant activists beating us over the head with this stuff.

So they can take their neo religion & politely GTFO.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Well the platform you choose depend on how woke its gonna get. You can freely choose.

Vote with your wallets. This shit'll be gone soon.

The Last of Us Part II says you are wrong.

Last edited:
My point is most games do have "agenda", in their story, even my favourite games all time do, so what part so called "agenda" I should be offended by?
Well, you can make up an agenda around whatever you see, people even do this with abstract art of all kind.

Truth is, you don't have to be that person who insists on seeing it everywhere... neither do you have to moralise everything.

boneso

When people dismiss representation as a political fad, as an imposition on the creative process, as a means of ticking off lists, they are almost always doing this from a position of privilege. The argument that it’s not the gender, ethnicity or physical abilities of a character that are important, but whether they’re written well and fun to play, is easier to make if you’re already being comfortably represented. It is easy to assume your experience is universal. But it isn’t.

Top Bottom