• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
first of all, no hes not, the economy is very strong and only getting better with Chinas fall. second of all, his win was quite a landslide (do you even politics?)
And lastly, hes won the trade war. China is getting crushed economically, and is in an actual recession and has already agreed to start negotiations.

its truly bizarre how the same situation can be viewed depending on which color glasses you wear. If you watch CNN you believe hes a nazi and we are heading towards impending economic doom and if you dont watch CNN you see how China is getting crushed and the US economy only looks to improve further when the new trade is made with overwhelming US leverage.

you sir have not the slightest idea how economics work.

Racer!

first of all, no hes not, the economy is very strong and only getting better with Chinas fall. second of all, his win was quite a landslide (do you even politics?)
And lastly, hes won the trade war. China is getting crushed economically, and is in an actual recession and has already agreed to start negotiations.

its truly bizarre how the same situation can be viewed depending on which color glasses you wear. If you watch CNN you believe hes a nazi and we are heading towards impending economic doom and if you dont watch CNN you see how China is getting crushed and the US economy only looks to improve further when the new trade is made with overwhelming US leverage.

Go make America great again somewhere else please. Thanks.

TLZ

Banned

Guys please don't do this in this thread. There's a whole section for this stuff where you can go all at it.

Figured we were overdue for a new PasteBin.

3.2 GHz for PS5 and 3.3 GHz for Scarlett basically confirmed. Custom/secret SSD sauce also confirmed for PS5. :)

"There's also a new profile system with a lot of player stats"

Please tell me they will allow us to see our gameplay hours in every single game. I know Sony has been keeping stats for both the PS3 and the PS4 (I have gotten some emails from Sony regarding my most played games).

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
3.2 GHz for PS5 and 3.3 GHz for Scarlett basically confirmed. Custom/secret SSD sauce also confirmed for PS5. :)

"There's also a new profile system with a lot of player stats"

Please tell me they will allow us to see our gameplay hours in every single game. I know Sony has been keeping stats for both the PS3 and the PS4 (I have gotten some emails from Sony regarding my most played games).
I'd love a simple log style the way Nintendo does it.

The ps5 devkit has higher clock for gpu, compared to scarlett. Cpu clocks are pretty much the same, with the scarlett being a litter higher. It's incredible how fast the ps5 devkit complete the boot, it take like 5 to 7 seconds.

Im guessing thats PS5's secret sauce(boot time, loading)? Scarllett sauce most likely has to do something with the cloud. Offloading compute, graphics, miscellaneous so you get buttery smooth consistent stable gameplay with almost no lag. I hope both consoles will have wifi 6.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Censorship is annoying even though it only affects a few niche games it sets a bad precedent
Besides shit battery life what do you dislike about DS4?

its too small, weighs too little and symmetrical thumbs. xbox controller is superior in every way.
also if batteries run out you have to play with a cord unlike xbox where you just change the batts.

Last edited:

SonGoku

its too small, weighs too little and symmetrical thumbs. xbox controller is superior in every way.
also if batteries run out you have to play with a cord unlike xbox where you just change the batts.
I see, the only thing i prefer of the xbox controller is battery and build quality

rəddəM

You can't never suppose one analog sticks config is better than the other. It's down to personal preference and adaptation.
I don't like asymmetrical sticks, I don't have asymmetrical thumbs.

TeamGhobad

Banned
You can't never suppose one analog sticks config is better than the other. It's down to personal preference and adaptation.
I don't like asymmetrical sticks, I don't have asymmetrical thumbs.

natural thumb position is up. thumb on movement stick and thumbs on facebuttons. with ps controller your thumbs are constantly pressed down.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I am in the same boat as liking something with weight as I am a large man with fairly big hands.

I know its an extra expense but should look at the Astro C40 TR controller.

I picked one up for my PS4 and love the thing.

if both ps5 and Scarlett are the basically same with minor differences, then the quality of games, exclusives, and number of games is going to determine the winner. The other difference would be "time to triangle" for developers to reduce learning curve times, incorporate a more fluid development cycle process, reduce development costs and invite more indie developers to the fold of video game industry.

These consoles will definitely bring out more opportunities, and excitements.

if the controller is a big issue there are some good 3rd party controllers out there.
That's cool, I hope you enjoy your next xbox. I have heard "it eats *monsters for breakfast"

*excluding PS5
why you had to go this low :messenger_poop:.

TeamGhobad

Banned
I am in the same boat as liking something with weight as I am a large man with fairly big hands.

I know its an extra expense but should look at the Astro C40 TR controller.

I picked one up for my PS4 and love the thing.

i dont buy 3rd party controllers. it feels very ghetto.

"Oh Im out of batteries. Let me just pause this game and go to the supermarked to get some"

Just ridiculous.

eh no i have rechargeable that i swap. bought them for 20 dollars and have lasted me about 6 years now.

Walking simulators? That's what we are saying now? Jesus some people are terrible.

flip side is that ive never played a game where you can piss on mushrooms.

Last edited:
Removable Batteries is the way God intended. If anyone has a problem with this, just buy rechargeable ones and never take them out, then plug in the controller to charge it. I personally prefer the backup battery that I can just slap in to remain wireless.

Last edited:

Lort

Banned
People should get at least temp baned from a thread for political propoganda. ( hopefully they have been).

Unsuprisingly much to all the fanboys dismay both consoles sound similar in specs exactly as i and most rational people predicted.

I think we can stop the xbox is dead dreaming as much as the sony walking simulator jibes now... ( xbox will like sell 75% of playstation this gen ) ( most true walking simulators eventually came out on xbox and the large parts of first party games with walking were designed that way to develop character, sony will always focus more on movie games and xbox in gameplay ... but both want to show they can do both).

So where to from here? If there is less than 10% performance difference is there any point debating the specs for hours?

Still up for interesting debate though .. how fast is the hardware raytracing... how capable compared to nvidia and pc ... how much does code to the metal help performance in this space.. ( and of course what games but this thread is about hardware not games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom