• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xool

They ever fix the bugs in LOTF? I like the game...especially due to its price.

I bought it at under 10 about a year back. Don't remember any bugs. Can't even remember a crash. Maybe I got lucky

quite good, no regrets - a couple levels are really good, some not so much.

..oh was there some audio issue - sound completely cutting out - I think so - reload from save point fixes.

I kind of assumed Forza sequel would be a shoe in for launch. 7 came out Oct 2017 which would give them a three year development cycle for the next game. Obviously could be wrong but having a racing game at or near launch has always been their thing.

Imho they're gonna give the whole scene to Halo and bang on Gamepass + the usual 3rd party sports franchises, Cod/BF, Ubi titles etc

So from one side we have hellblade2 looking truly next gen but "in engine" (so they still got room to downgrade it undefinitely) and on the other sude we have a current gen game with 60fps... Very good, kind of a shitty start

Yes, a game at 4K and 60 fps made by a small studio in which gameplay of 1 year ago is seen. And on the other we have a video made by a first-party studio with a bigger budget that goes to 24 fps and a resolution of 3840 × 1608 and that does not show gameplay of the game

Reindeer

PS4(PS5)---> PC ---> xbox? never gonna happen, i don't support hypocrites, liars and asholes, period.
Just don't forget Sony games now seem to be coming to PC with Naughty Dog now looking for programmers who have experience coding for PC. So this would mean PC---->PS5 since higher resolutions and framerate and all that.

Last edited:

Disco_

There is no such thing as software shaders. You can do ray-tracing in the pipeline. It's just that you won't have dedicated cores with special registers that handle ray-tracing specific stuff. So who knows what these consoles will have in them.

XSX is almost definitely using AMD's hybrid implementation and chances are pretty good ps5 is as well.

Reindeer

There is loads of reasons. Also If appears you or no one else should hold nothing close to the chest If we go by your logic ;)
You can hold it your chest and prefer gaming on it, but plain refusing to buy another console to play games that you like is just utterly sad fanboyism and plain silliness. Missing out on great games just because you have some silly loyalty to some brand defeats the whole purpose of being a gamer.

Ruben43cb

Looks like nvidia nextgen 3080 etc isnt going to be so great unless they are increasing clock speeds over 2080.

What happened to the 20+tflop pc cards that were supposed to spark the 2020 next gen pc?!

Last edited:

Reindeer

actually, that is lining up with rumor that Last of Us Factions coming to PC, TLOU2 is not happening.
Why would they have their engine ported to PC and then limit to just offering multiplayer? That doesn't make much sense. The whole selling point of the game is single player and that's what PC gamers want. I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it's just multiplayer.

Last edited:

Niked

You can hold it your chest and prefer gaming on it, but plain refusing to buy another console to play games that you like is just utterly sad fanboyism and plain silliness. Missing out on great games just because you have some silly loyalty to some brand defeats the whole purpose of being a gamer.
As I wrote, there is many reasons beyond the fanboy part... ;)

Moses85

I don't believe this but Poland = Deck13 maybe [edit- Techland makes more sense maybe]

Keep dreaming :) Deck13 is based in Frankfurt Germany like Crytek.

And also The Surge IP is not worth to buy this studio.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Unless you are a high school or a college student, you should be able to save up enough money to buy both consoles later this year. cut down on avacados. dont upgrade your $1000 phone every two years. stop eating out every day at lunch time. Stop giving chipotle your money 4x a week. hell, cut cable and save up to a $100 a month.

Now buying multiple $60 games a month for both consoles might be tough, but thanks to gamepass you should be able to afford those $1 deals MS keeps offering to all non-subscribers.

if anything, MS buying from is a good thing because you can then play fromsoft games for $10 max. and if you are like me and cancel often, $1 max.

trade in your current gen consoles for $100-200 in credit towards next gen consoles. Buying two consoles is really not that expensive. the real expense comes from wanting to buy new games on day 1.

Niked

It's just silly loyalty to a brand that we all realise is silly once that box is no longer relevant. You can try to dress it up as something else, but at the end of the day it's nothing else but tribalism.
I would love to hear or read when you defend something you hold dear to your heart and your reason.
I think alot of the times we rather have less than more stuff. The avarage Joe will have max two systems. So I would not be surprised If the most common setup is one pc and one console. In a big family a few more but probably the same system so the children can game together.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

Why would they have their engine ported to PC and then limit to just offering multiplayer? That doesn't make much sense. The whole selling point of the game is single player and that's what PC gamers want. I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it's just multiplayer.
considering we don’t know if it’s multiplayer, single player or both that’s being ported i don’t know how you can say someone is setting up for disappointment.

ethomaz

Banned
So from one side we have hellblade2 looking truly next gen but "in engine" (so they still got room to downgrade it undefinitely) and on the other sude we have a current gen game with 60fps... Very good, kind of a shitty start
Actually God Fall has next-gen features... 4k, next-gen features, ray-tracking, gameplay, 60fps.
Hellblade 2 not... sub4k, no next-gen features, no ray-tracing, in engine, 24fps.

I guess people are shitting on God Fall due the generic art style.
While they are praising Hellblade 2 due the good art style.

Last edited:
Better description Monster walks upright until it runs across the room has four yellow eyes, four arms and two legs. Is brownish in color and stands taller than the main character until it runs across the room using all six limbs. Kind of insect like but very scary. The environment main character and monster all look real. Like not stylistic but photo realistic also I have never seen anyone use sub surface scattering to light a scene.

Hey Osiris, when you say the monster is "insect-like", were you referring to the way it looks or the way it moves?

Reindeer

Poor defence, typical from you. There's only been 1 TLOU, and what about Horizon, Days Gone, Killzone, Death Stranding or Bloodborne? Nice to conveniently miss them out.

Dont mention Crackdown or Sea of Thieves, the first is hot garbage, the 2nd is a budget game pass title.
You also conveniently missed Ryse, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Ori and Killer Instinct. Damn boy, at least try to be fair when you start a console war.

RaZoR No1

Even without any leaks, Forza Motorsport 8 is a must at launch. Racing games are IMO one of the easiest way to show what your console can achieve with its power.
They already skipped a release in 2019 to prepare for Next-Gen so I would be very surprised, if they do not release it as a launch title.

Reindeer

considering we don’t know if it’s multiplayer, single player or both that’s being ported i don’t know how you can say someone is setting up for disappointment.
Because it makes the most sense financially to release single player on PC, also because of the fact that other Sony games are heavily rumoured to be coming to PC.

pawel86ck

Banned
Even without any leaks, Forza Motorsport 8 is a must at launch. Racing games are IMO one of the easiest way to show what your console can achieve with its power.
They already skipped a release in 2019 to prepare for Next-Gen so I would be very surprised, if they do not release it as a launch title.
I wonder how much better FM8 will look on XSX compared to FM7 running on Xbox X. They should be able to push visuals to another level and I'm guessing they will use RT for car reflections.

Banned
@OsirisBlack, you said about that?

the part where it says that Microsoft has an exclusive content deal with multiple games it completely falls apart.

Phil Spencer said that exclusive in game content stuff was off the table going forward, because he thinks that shit is stupid.
and Spencer is all about his public image, that can't be tarnished by stepping back from a promise like that.

so absolutely fake. I don't think he would risk that because Xbox is all about the "good guys" image at the moment.

Reindeer

Three of those are shit and one is an indie title, I didnt include any PS4 indies did I. That leaves Sunset, which is the failed experiment before Spideman o_O
What's your criteria to judge the game as being shit? Metacritic? By that same criteria both Days Gone and Killzone are shit as well yet you brought them up. Lol, you really should maybe be on YouTube on CrapGamer's comment section instead of this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom