• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lockheart (if it exists) is exactly the bold move they need to take on Sony. People talked shit about the Xbox 360 sticking with DVD but it was one of the smartest moves they made that helped them with pricing and thus helped with reaching more consumers that generation. Having a console that sticks to 1080p (which the vast majority of consumers own) I feel would have a similar impact if priced $100+ less than the other consoles. Tackle the high end with Scarlett. Same games on both. Win win.
Not to mention, most parents buy their kids consoles and will buy them whatever makes sense for their budget. I'd buy myself a $500 console, I'll buy my kids a $300 console. If I really don't want to spend money, I'll buy them the cloud console. My son was playing Hello Neighbor via xCloud Preview on is Kindle Fire the other day, he had a blast. Resolution doesn't matter to him right now, why spend more?

Last edited:

FrostyJ93

In regards to third party, the rumor was MS was told by third parties that Lockheart over complicates things and is a hassle to develop for with new consoles. The VR comment was another line of thought, not sure why you combined it.

And having to optimize for millions of pc configurations isnt? Ive never understood this argument.

And I will say this until i am old and gray....
It.Is.Their.Job.To.Work.With.It.

And having to optimize for millions of pc configurations isnt? Ive never understood this argument.

And I will say this until i am old and gray....
It.Is.Their.Job.To.Work.With.It.
Exactly this. Third parties are known to have to adjust their games on a system by system basis period it’s not like missing one DEF kit is going to totally screw them for next generation especially when it’s still a year away. Let’s also not forget that a lot of these games that are “Held back” also work on switch and somehow stay the same size with the same scope. The only thing that changes is texture resolution, model resolution, Screen resolution, Draw distance, FPS, and LOD quality.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

See you Tuesday

(paging PSEREBUS from Twitter)

*Soon

t1575360000z0.png

SmokSmog

From ResetE
"Currently there is the PSAward in Japan and Jim Ryan talk for the 25th years anniversary of Playstation and told PS5 news will arrive next year. Stop with PSErebus or tidux, or pastebin or 4chan. "

Gamernyc78

Banned
9fVRvOs.jpg

Even more BS from the one and only. Hope you enjoy!!! It's a good laugh.

😭😭😭Smh this dude again. And the reality is some ppl tht believed him before, saw him burn up in flames and made a fool of based off his delusions/lies, will once again believe some of his shit.

Last edited:

Darius87

Of course they will. Hardware based ray tracing is an RDNA 2 exclusive feature. And since both consoles use hardware ray tracing, they'll most certainly inherit features from it, but definitely not the whole architecture.
it's going to be whole rdna 2.0 and on top of that secret souce there's no sense in releasing new console in late 2020 with 1 and half year old arch, same thing happend with ps4 it had never gcn which was only available on ps4 then soon followed amd pc cards.
add to this 7nm euv and we have 10+ tflops consoles with 200w -220w dsp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom