• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenpachii

How does the SSD drive contribute to the *processing* of hi fidelity next gen 4k graphics? How does this make graphics better? Its a friggin storage device. If PS5 version is more faster and efficient that's fine. I am sure it promotes to graphical fidelity in an indirect way by *storing* more graphical assets like backgrounds, levels, etc. It can also get rid of unnecessary CPU tasks of compression/decompression so it can freeing up the CPU to do more important things.

Sony putting such a strong emphasis on SSD drive, as if it promotes to better graphics is strange to me.

It does not. that's how.

Tommy Fisher liked my post. Remedy is Sony's. CONFIRMED.

Just to point something out. Remedy is publicly traded. For Sony to buy Remedy they would have to pay between $175 - $200M for the studio that generates $25M in revenue.

At this valuation it is a really bad buy and they can't put an offer up at a discount.

As a reminder, Respawn cost EA ~$400M.

Purchasing that studio for $200M is absurd which is why no one has bought it yet. The shareholders would have to take a bath and no public shareholders will do that.

Sony isn't buying Remedy. If they are really paying $200M for that company you should be very concerned about how they manage their capital.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dude no. Remedy makes some pretty average games. they like to pretend they are good at narrative driven games but every game they have made since Max payne 2 has been so forgettable i couldnt tell you the name of the protagonist.

Give Cory a brand new team of 300 developers instead.

Same goes for all those Naughty Dog directors they just lost to other studios.

ANIMAL1975

If any of this is true, where would Sony announce it? In the Experience Playstation event? Is anything happening in there wright now?

If any of this is true, where would Sony announce it? In the Experience Playstation event? Is anything happening in there wright now?

Sony wouldn't announce it. It would be announced by Remedy and their shares would halt trading.

Then there would need to be a vote from shareholders to approve it via a proxy.

demigod

Just to point something out. Remedy is publicly traded. For Sony to buy Remedy they would have to pay between $175 - $200M for the studio that generates $25M in revenue.

At this valuation it is a really bad buy and they can't put an offer up at a discount.

As a reminder, Respawn cost EA ~$400M.

Purchasing that studio for $200M is absurd which is why no one has bought it yet. The shareholders would have to take a bath and no public shareholders will do that.

Sony isn't buying Remedy. If they are really paying $200M for that company you should be very concerned about how they manage their capital.

But if you subtract 2 E3 $60m, it now costs them $140m or less!

He keeps saying a "bit" bigger and uses the " on bit every time.

Oh, the possibilities...🤔
h76UYAn.jpg

44alltheway

IF Sony is making an acquisition, one of the supposed leakers are saying it will take a bit of time for Sony to actually announce it, so maybe it will be announced at the rumored February event, or maybe even later. BTW, didn't Remedy hint at an Alan Wake sequel at E3 (one of their developers was wearing an Alan Wake shirt)? If they are, and Sony is acquiring them, do you all think that it would be exclusive to PS, or come out on all consoles?

Disco_

I don't belive in Series X SSD 7 gb/s rumor

It's not even a rumor, just people reading what they want to read. The article mentions 7gb/s is the theoretical max of the top end controller that phison makes. Nothing there to suggest that xsx would use that controller over the lower tiers. We've not heard any confirmation that either console is even using pcie4.0 and if they are using mobile 4800 series, as some think, they'd need to modify it as those likely don't support pcie 4.0.

Tommy reports today about a Sony acquisition of a multiplatform studio, then Tidux says the PS family is going to be a little bigger, and then Remedy likes the comment ...

Did you ignore my comment about the cost? Sony isn't buying Remedy.

Remedy is a terrible investment because it is significantly overvalued. If Remedy was not publicly traded this would be possible, but spending $200M for Remedy is an awful investment as its too expensive.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I actually think they need to stop acquiring even more narrative driven studios, and go build a brand new studio just for shooters. Go rebuild Zipper and Incognito. Bring back the KZ mp teams. Resistance had an amazing multiplayer. Even Uncharted's mp team was great once. (pre patch 1.4)

Or just merge them all and make one amazing multiplayer game. MAG 2. 512 players. Helghast vs SOCOM vs Resistance fighters. Have Uncharted mp devs make PvE. GG devs make raids. Resistance devs, zipper and incgonito team make pvp. Tanks, warhawks, and badass guns. 500 players on one server with destruction. saving private ryan meets killzone. lets do this.

one game to rule them all.

Or just give us TLOU Factions at launch.

Disco_

getting 11 bit would allow sony to raid employees from other polish studios with shitty working condition and expand organically instead dropping 6 billion for Witcher corp. I have my issues with sony, but there are a tier one employer.

thin edge of the polish wedge...
Sony buying a polish studio? It was MS that were in Poland in December visiting various studios.

Did you ignore my comment about the cost? Sony isn't buying Remedy.

Remedy is a terrible investment because it is significantly overvalued. If Remedy was not publicly traded this would be possible, but spending $200M for Remedy is an awful investment as its too expensive.

I think it's Remedy, it's been a while since there are signs from both

I actually think they need to stop acquiring even more narrative driven studios, and go build a brand new studio just for shooters. Go rebuild Zipper and Incognito. Bring back the KZ mp teams. Resistance had an amazing multiplayer. Even Uncharted's mp team was great once. (pre patch 1.4)

Or just merge them all and make one amazing multiplayer game. MAG 2. 512 players. Helghast vs SOCOM vs Resistance fighters. Have Uncharted mp devs make PvE. GG devs make raids. Resistance devs, zipper and incgonito team make pvp. Tanks, warhawks, and badass guns. 500 players on one server with destruction. saving private ryan meets killzone. lets do this.

one game to rule them all.

Or just give us TLOU Factions at launch.
Heck just remaster, release standalone KZ2 MP and make it f2p. MAG 2 would be great too. Honestly I couldn't care less about remedy and their games.

Last edited:

DJ12

I wonder if it is an ironic use of "bit" bigger? As in it is someone big? Like Tommy "tiny" Lister. Then again if that was the case why only small "faux" insiders know about it?
I also though this then foxy gamer used it again where it doesn't really work in that context. Plus Tommy fisher liked it so guess it's done.

Guess OsirisBlack OsirisBlack will know of this is correct. If it's become common knowledge within tweeters then I guess he can spill the beans.

THE:MILKMAN

I also though this then foxy gamer used it again where it doesn't really work in that context. Plus Tommy fisher liked it so guess it's done.

Guess OsirisBlack OsirisBlack will know of this is correct. If it's become common knowledge within tweeters then I guess he can spill the beans.

I just don't understand why the usual suspects (e.g. ZhugeEX, Jason Schreier) haven't commented or dismissed this. They almost always do.....

That only two Tweeters that don't have a good rep on forums (Foxy even got called out by PushSquare a few days ago) seem to know doesn't add up. Why/how would they get the info?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom