• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lampiao

Bluepoint makes sense. I wonder if they are responsible for working on the BC tool for ps1-ps3 on ps5. I don't see another company with expertise if not them.

DJ12

Bluepoint makes sense. I wonder if they are responsible for working on the BC tool for ps1-ps3 on ps5. I don't see another company with expertise if not them.
There are plenty of people out there suitable for the job, like the authors of rpcs3, pcsx2 and epsxe. Offering all the people working on those emulators would cost far less than buying a Dev and probably yeild better results. Give those guess technical documents and it wouldn't be long until emulation was nigh on perfect. It's already pretty good just using guess work and reverse engineering.

Lampiao

There are plenty of people out there suitable for the job, like the authors of rpcs3, pcsx2 and epsxe. Offering all the people working on those emulators would cost far less than buying a Dev and probably yeild better results. Give those guess technical documents and it wouldn't be long until emulation was nigh on perfect. It's already pretty good just using guess work and reverse engineering.
Sorry, I said badly, they are very capable but I believe that as they are from the community, they could expose or leak details that would compromise the security of the architecture and ecosystem.
A company like BP would be under Sony's wing and have no problems.

Gediminas

Banned
I just don't understand why the usual suspects (e.g. ZhugeEX, Jason Schreier) haven't commented or dismissed this. They almost always do.....

That only two Tweeters that don't have a good rep on forums (Foxy even got called out by PushSquare a few days ago) seem to know doesn't add up. Why/how would they get the info?
"called out", writing nonsense is not calling anyone out, you are just starting to look like an idiot.

THE:MILKMAN

"called out", writing nonsense is not calling anyone out, you are just starting to look like an idiot.

I'm starting to look like an idiot? Or Foxy or PushSquare? You're post isn't clear here!....Foxy and PushSquare had a public Twitter spat a few days ago basically being called a fake insider. I just referred to it.

Dolodolo

Just to point something out. Remedy is publicly traded. For Sony to buy Remedy they would have to pay between $175 - $200M for the studio that generates $25M in revenue.

At this valuation it is a really bad buy and they can't put an offer up at a discount.

As a reminder, Respawn cost EA ~$400M.

Purchasing that studio for $200M is absurd which is why no one has bought it yet. The shareholders would have to take a bath and no public shareholders will do that.

Sony isn't buying Remedy. If they are really paying $200M for that company you should be very concerned about how they manage their capital.
Ted Price sold Insomniac for about 350 million
Don't ask where this figure comes from. I won't tell you anyway
Just so you know about Sony's spending, which is buying up half of the music industry for billions of dollars. Literally billions
Remedy for 200 million is not as absurd an idea as some people here say it is
Especially if you take into account their compatibility with other Sony studios and the presence of several teams

Dolodolo

I just don't understand why the usual suspects (e.g. ZhugeEX, Jason Schreier) haven't commented or dismissed this. They almost always do.....

That only two Tweeters that don't have a good rep on forums (Foxy even got called out by PushSquare a few days ago) seem to know doesn't add up. Why/how would they get the info?
Have you ever seen any hints from Daniel Ahmad and Jason about buying Insomniac ? Conclude
As soon as the transaction is completed(If it exists), Schreier will be one of the first to post the news(Just like last time)

Gediminas

Banned
I'm starting to look like an idiot? Or Foxy or PushSquare? You're post isn't clear here!....Foxy and PushSquare had a public Twitter spat a few days ago basically being called a fake insider. I just referred to it.
pushsquare idiots. clear? :D did he(foxy games) stole their article(like thunder) about studio acquisition? so they were mad...or something. anyways.. look what happened... acquisition :D
p.s. i am trying not to offend people, like calling them by names... have a nice evening :)

Last edited:

Norse

havent there been hints to SEGA being baught?

Sony buying SEGA would fit a few of the hints from osirisblack

And the news about the fast ssd in the series X was also hinted at by one of our "Insiders" just days ago.....said ssd and rt ps5 has edge but 1 of those would be addressed by MS soon. Or something to that effect.

THE:MILKMAN

pushsquare idiots. clear? :D did he(foxy games) stole their article(like thunder) about studio acquisition? so they were mad...or something. anyways.. look what happened... acquisition :D

Cheers, that is clear! I guess Foxy could have stole their thunder but it still doesn't explain how the likes of Foxy and Tidux got this info as most here and ERA say they aren't credible insiders.

Not that I really care TBH....My policy is I take all leaks at face value. Time will reveal all.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Cheers, that is clear! I guess Foxy could have stole their thunder but it still doesn't explain how the likes of Foxy and Tidux got this info as most here and ERA say they aren't credible insiders.

Not that I really care TBH....My policy is I take all leaks at face value. Time will reveal all.
From what I have gathered, neither are truly "insiders." They seem like somebody who knows somebody kind of thing. So their info isn't always clean and is sometimes hearsay through someone else.

TLZ

Banned
Yes, have respect for the trolls pretending to be insiders.
For people calling me out for being newly registered, Ive Ben on Gaf since 2011 , My Old username is B0xel, Ive been away for a while and I forgot the damn email I used since they used to only accept organizations emails(If one of the mods could please remind me that would be great). But, I’ll address you as well. Stop believing being on a forum longer than someone makes you better than them, build yourself worth on something a little more substantial. Or don’t, I’m just a comment.
Doesn't make you guys look good warring and asking for heads to roll on your 2nd post. Suspicions arise.

Ted Price sold Insomniac for about 350 million
Don't ask where this figure comes from. I won't tell you anyway
Just so you know about Sony's spending, which is buying up half of the music industry for billions of dollars. Literally billions
Remedy for 200 million is not as absurd an idea as some people here say it is
Especially if you take into account their compatibility with other Sony studios and the presence of several teams

Again. Remedy is a public company. Sony would have to spend $200M to purchase it. The valuation makes no sense considering the topline for the business.

Remedy is nowhere near Insomniac.

Spending $200M for Remedy is a terrible use of capital.

bitbydeath

Again. Remedy is a public company. Sony would have to spend $200M to purchase it. The valuation makes no sense considering the topline for the business.

Remedy is nowhere near Insomniac.

Spending $200M for Remedy is a terrible use of capital.

And they have no history with Sony which is even stupider given they have no idea how they operate.

That guy from Remedy likes every twitter post he sees. I don't think him liking that post is any indication of a buyout.
In fact if it was Remedy getting bought out there would be no one from Remedy liking anything that had to with a buy out rumour. The fact he liked it more likely means its not them.
I think it will be Bluepoint or RAD. Sony seems to buy up companies they have had a second party relationship with. Everyone knows Sony wasn't happy with Insomniac for doing Sunset on Xbox. Sony allowed Insomniac into their inner core, and had them work along with ND for tech, and then they do a game for MS. So, Sony bought them.

bitbydeath

What?? How does it not?

The meeting is already expected to be on in Feb. ‘Insanely cool’ would be fitting for something much more specific such as an acquisition.

And the point of acquisition was already on the cards by Sony in their previous financial call so it was always expected to be announced at the PS5 reveal.

The meeting is already expected to be on in Feb. ‘Insanely cool’ would be fitting for something much more specific such as an acquisition.

And the point of acquisition was already on the cards by Sony in their previous financial call so it was always expected to be announced at the PS5 reveal.

Unless they called him and asked him to host the reveal event

DJ12

Remedy is public so they'd have told us about a purchase possibility on recent earnings reports/calls, no?

Unless this JUST came up, in which case, I can't imagine it being close to getting done if it just started.
I'm no expert but it's only after you amass a certain amount of shares you have to declare you intentions.

Sony could quietly acquire all the available shares through a holding company and no one would be any the wiser.

Remember when Vivendi was buying up all the UBI shares, they didn't tell anyone their intentions for quite some time. About 3 years before they said they didn't want to buy and we only know about that because Yves was very open about not wanting it to happen.

Again, I'm no expert in public companies so this might all be a load of bollox.

B0xel-new

Neo Member
Doesn't make you guys look good warring and asking for heads to roll on your 2nd post. Suspicions arise.
Haha what? Is there some kind of conspiracy going on here I’m not aware of? Look, I have nothing personal against the guy. I actually wanted him to be for real since I am a PS guy myself. But we’re all here everyday waiting for a nugget of new info and frankly I’m getting tired of people claiming inside info and giving us basically hot air. Even if you are an insider if you can’t give us anything substantial just sit down, the enigmatic teasing is frustrating.

R600

Banned
So, something is happening in February. Either Sony, or MS. You would think Sony has more to show, and PS4 was announced in Feb, but it wouldnt surprise me with Geoff in picture and Tom Warren chatting with him that he is actually presenter for MS conference.

In any case, it seems to me MS is trying to get ahead of Sony whenever they can ever since December (TGA > Cerny in first row, Scarlett APU hours before Sonys CES conference) and if they do it in Februar as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom