• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

demigod

So, something is happening in February. Either Sony, or MS. You would think Sony has more to show, and PS4 was announced in Feb, but it wouldnt surprise me with Geoff in picture and Tom Warren chatting with him that he is actually presenter for MS conference.

In any case, it seems to me MS is trying to get ahead of Sony whenever they can ever since December (TGA > Cerny in first row, Scarlett APU hours before Sonys CES conference) and if they do it in Februar as well...

LMFAO, why would they ask Geoff to host MS E3 when it's always been the head of xbox. Put the crack pipe down son.

So, something is happening in February. Either Sony, or MS. You would think Sony has more to show, and PS4 was announced in Feb, but it wouldnt surprise me with Geoff in picture and Tom Warren chatting with him that he is actually presenter for MS conference.

In any case, it seems to me MS is trying to get ahead of Sony whenever they can ever since December (TGA > Cerny in first row, Scarlett APU hours before Sonys CES conference) and if they do it in Februar as well...
Actually tom in his last podcast szid he has heard many rumblings about sony revealing ps5 in feb and ms is not planing anything for feb

I feel the PS meeting will have a more business feel. Hopefully an orchestra will he present for a presentation during the summer.
My dream would be an orchestra opening of something lovecraftian, a pause, and we hear “welcome back, good hunter”

If Sony announce Bloodborne 2 they have my money day one.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

That’s pretty speculative. Also, it’s a reasonable bet to say one or both of the companies will do or say something in February. With exception to naming a month, it is about as vague a statement as one can make.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
[/QUOTE]
It would be better to say directly who Sony buys

I think many in the industry knows who Sony is going to buy (if it ends up being true). I think they just want Sony to announce it themselves and let fans figure it out until it becomes official.

nani17

are in a big trouble
PS54CHAN.jpg

Seen this floating around today more than likely a fake but said I'll post it anyway but just wanted to know wtf is it

Last edited:

DJ12

That’s pretty speculative. Also, it’s a reasonable bet to say one or both of the companies will do or say something in February. With exception to naming a month, it is about as vague a statement as one can make.
MS doing nothing but react.

Wired article > E3 announcement
Second wired article > TGA reveal
Sony confirmed to be talking about PS5 @ CES > Scarlett Chip
Sony confirm they are not going to E3 > MS confirming they are attending

speculation:

Sony Feb event total spec reveal few key games > xbox march total spec reveal
Sony pre e3 event games and hands on > xbox game games games e3 presser

To confirm for the snow flakes > does not indicate I think it's better, just that it happened before.

Last edited:

demigod

speculation:

To confirm for the snow flakes > does not indicate I think it's better, just that it happened before.

"Look at me"

Darklor01

speculation:

My recollection is fuzzy, so help me out. IIRC, this is a similar pattern to 2013 (with exception to leaks). MS reveled their box first, and were reactionary like this each time Sony said or did anything. Nothing really all that different here.

The chip is quasi new. They did that early on in Xbox One X discussion. It’s just that it was shown after Sony was confirmed to be discussing PS5 at CES.

it’s not anything new in business though. It’s a game of keep yourself in the headlines, especially any time a direct competitor does.

R600

Banned
My recollection is fuzzy, so help me out. IIRC, this is a similar pattern to 2013 (with exception to leaks). MS reveled their box first, and were reactionary like this each time Sony said or did anything. Nothing really all that different here.

The chip is quasi new. They did that early on in Xbox One X discussion. It’s just that it was shown after Sony was confirmed to be discussing PS5 at CES.

it’s not anything new in business though. It’s a game of keep yourself in the headlines, especially any time a direct competitor does.
I think in 2013 Sony had first show, then MS ~1 month after. But by then it was all over already. Sony had more powerful console, everyone knew it and you know...used games, always online etc.

Sony basically said they will not announce first so that competition sees what they have and then change it and then few days later - BAM! Sony meeting announced.

DJ12

I cannot remember what happened last night lol

Think superdae screwed all plans last time to be honest.

I think MS just don't want to go first and be usurped, I honestly believe the consoles are so close MS don't want to come out first and be weaker. Being first means they won't be able to over clock without looking bad in my opinion, so better for them to wait and if the PS5 is stronger than the xbox, quietly test an overclock on some retail units and see what they can realistically push it to.

ethomaz

Banned

speculation:

Like I said for months they started doing a Sony Too after they started to a box and the chip.
They are waiting Sony hand.

BTW it is funny to show a ugly box now when even Sony didn’t care about show a box in 2013... they reveled PS4 without a box... the design was reveledaround E3.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Like I said for months they started doing a Sony Too after they started to a box and the chip.
They are waiting Sony hand.

BTW it is funny to show a ugly box now when even Sony didn’t care about show a box in 2013... they reveled PS4 without a box... the design was reveledaround E3.

Yeah didn't we see the controller first before anything or maybe I'm remembering wrong.

Tiago07

Well, I can see a bit reasons to the possible Remedy acquisition by Sony.

They have a great experience in Ray Tracing with Control, the use of RTX's effects in this game was incredible.

They have a great experience too in the aplication of Physics. As Klee said to us, the New Generation Games will have a big application in Real Time Gaming Physics, and Remedy uses this thing very well in Control.

Sony likes so much the Direction's Art in games, and the Remedy experience will gave to Sony a advantage in that.

Man I was thinking, Klee had already told a considerable time ago, the PlayStation Meeting in February to PS5 with the message "I will return in February"

ksdixon

havent there been hints to SEGA being baught?

Sony buying SEGA would fit a few of the hints from osirisblack

And the news about the fast ssd in the series X was also hinted at by one of our "Insiders" just days ago.....said ssd and rt ps5 has edge but 1 of those would be addressed by MS soon. Or something to that effect.
I don't care what they do as long as I get to see the stars. Oh and hear another live orchestra.

Sega AllStars / SuperStars

demigod

Well yea, they're both releasing competing products around the same time next year. Is one of them supposed to promote their product while the other just sits back and watches lol?

And how many times has Sony responded to MS's Scarlett announcements?

Darklor01

I think in 2013 Sony had first show, then MS ~1 month after. But by then it was all over already. Sony had more powerful console, everyone knew it and you know...used games, always online etc.

Sony basically said they will not announce first so that competition sees what they have and then change it and then few days later - BAM! Sony meeting announced.

From what I can find, Sony sent invites via Twitter around Feb. 1, 2013. They had the reveal without the box on Feb 20. They had a pretty successful reveal. MS had their reveal in May and the rest is history.
I think Xbox One X and Xbox One S boxes were revealed before PS4 Pro box design.

Maybe we won’t hear about a PS Reveal event until Feb. if history repeats itself.

I don't think a Remedy acquisition would be very exciting, particularly for Sony and how many studios they have building similar genres. But I can see it being a possibility.

I don't think Bethesda or Rockstar are realistic. I mean, what would you even pay for a studio with that sort of success? Are they even up for sale?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom