• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mriverz

Sega does have a buddy relationship with Sony. Yakuza, Shenmue. But i dont see sega selling they been in the game a long time to be bought out. BP is a obvious one.. maybe abit to obvious. Rem is interesting i can see Rem and ND or Santa Monica doing some insane title that will break the internet. Good time to be a gamer.

tenor.gif

Insider*

Look at my quote that you quoted son, you got nuthin.
So MS cant announce anything because to do so would be copying? Like Sony had a console before MS, so MS is just copying Sony by having Xbox.
I think MS is somewhat trolling Sony, but not copying.
Here's some you missed.

Microsoft announce XSX -> Sony set up event to announce PS5
Microsoft announce hardware accelerated RT -> Cerny does wired interview to also say PS5 is hardware accelerated.

See, it's just silly.

Gediminas

Banned
I don't think a Remedy acquisition would be very exciting, particularly for Sony and how many studios they have building similar genres. But I can see it being a possibility.

I don't think Bethesda or Rockstar are realistic. I mean, what would you even pay for a studio with that sort of success? Are they even up for sale?
Bethesda is in huge decline over 2-3 years now. it is not a pipe dream anymore. actually Sony could make them whole again. New engines, creative people, customer friendly policies again. Sony would win also a lot. good shooter franchises, rpg franchises. it would benefit them both a lot.

Imtjnotu

So MS cant announce anything because to do so would be copying? Like Sony had a console before MS, so MS is just copying Sony by having Xbox.
Here's some you missed.

Microsoft announce hardware accelerated RT -> Cerny does wired interview to also say PS5 is hardware accelerated.

See, it's just silly.
Wired article for ps5 announced ray tracing before the Scarlett reveal tho 😑

Gamernyc78

Banned
I wish Microsoft would purchase Sega, and ressurect the AM2 R&D, and other teams. So many rockstars: Yu Suzuki, Yuji Naka, Toshihiro Nagoshi, Tetsuya, Mizuguchi.

4k @ 60ps: Virtua Fighter , Daytona USA , Sega Rally, Sonic Cel Shade Adventure, Space Channel 5, Nights.

Bro I'd like Sony to acquire Sega and make a new Shining Force I use to loveeeee those games!!!

I wish Microsoft would purchase Sega, and ressurect the AM2 R&D, and other teams. So many rockstars: Yu Suzuki, Yuji Naka, Toshihiro Nagoshi, Tetsuya, Mizuguchi.

4k @ 60ps: Virtua Fighter , Daytona USA , Sega Rally, Sonic Cel Shade Adventure, Space Channel 5, Nights.

Technically speaking AM2 is still there, they've just mainly been making Hatsune Miku games (and recently Border Break updates and the PS4 port).

But they'd have to bring Suzuki in as a separate thing since he's been on his own for years now.

And...well, if it did happen, I'd still like them to keep some multiplat support going. Yakuza's got a good fanbase on PS, Sonic is basically Mario's (somewhat troubled) cousin these days with a lot of Nintendo fans, etc. No reason they couldn't treat those like they do with Minecraft. Meanwhile other games could be Xbox-exclusive, like GunValkryie (that game really deserves a sequel or at least a remake, to support modern analog 3rd-person control schemes).

I guess the one big benefit if they did get SEGA is that they could restructure Sonic Team and make sure they aren't rushing Sonic games for arbitrary reason (usually to hit financial quarter quotas). Put the right people in the right places and give the games more time to bake, and they could actually be great again. Consistently.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Here's some you missed.

See, it's just silly.
MS Scarlet announcement at E3 was near identical to PS5 announcement at Wired.
90% the same words.
If that is coincidence to you...

It was just not identical because they added GDRR6 in the mix lol

But you already showed rightliketobewrong in this thread.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Do you guys think Namco with the power of PS5, and XFridge finally make a Naruto game that will look like the bullshot of the first game that was released so long ago?
@ 4k 60ps
:🤤:

hOl0zc8.jpg

How far off do you think this is graphically from a game like Gravity Rush 2?
Gravity-Rush-2-640x353.jpg

Should be doable. I think they could.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
Do you guys think Namco with the power of PS5, and XFridge finally make a Naruto game that will look like the bullshot of the first game that was released so long ago?
@ 4k 60ps
:🤤:

hOl0zc8.jpg
My son is 12 and he's a big Naruto fan, he'd go bonkers. I bought him Naruto costume for Halloween, he has all the games, laptop case is Naruto, phone case, etc lol

Last edited:

Lampiao

I think Phill was just waiting for Sony's officialization and already hired Geoff to host and hype the microsoft e3 2020 conference.
The idea should be to do a show that resembles TGA.

How far off do you think this is graphically from a game like Gravity Rush 2?
Gravity-Rush-2-640x353.jpg

Should be doable. I think they could.

I havent played gravity rush 2, but looking at the gameplay videos, the animation is so much more fluid with lots of interactive aspects with the background, it does need a better more vibrant color palette and antialiasing. Granted that Naruto is a fighting game mostly, the adventure aspect is just so bland and boring. The animations are stiff and rigid, no interactive elements with the environment, and dreaded loading screens switching between fighting and adventure mode, plus going to different stages/villages. Sure it looks decent when you are in fighting mode, but even that seems to be limited with the character models looking like weird puppets (not talking about sasori), manikin looking poses when getting hit. On top of that for the consoles, its in desperate need of antialiasing. For Cel shading the new dragon ball z game shows great progress in having this clean look and vibrant colors, but i cant tell if its the style of the gameplay that makes the animation still look stiff (guilty gear gameplay mechanics?)

Jhdl4f0.jpg

Last edited:
Wired article for ps5 announced ray tracing before the Scarlett reveal tho 😑
Scarlett using hardware for RT in Sept.

Cerny runs to confirm hardware RT after in Oct.

Its a silly game. They are gonna release info, and as the systems are using almost identical parts of course they are gonna reveal similar info.

Pug

90% the same words.

To be fair no matter when MS talked about scarlet after the wired brief, the narrative was alway going to be, as you put it 90% the same. The reason the fecking consoles are the 90% the same.

90% the same words.

Oh please, what a lame ass post.
Both consoles have an 8 core Zen 2 CPU, an SSD storage device, a Navi GPU and Ray Tracing. Theres only so many ways to can say that in a reveal.
SMFH

bitbydeath

Its a silly game. They are gonna release info, and as the systems are using almost identical parts of course they are gonna reveal similar info.

That’s the second Wired article. Sony first confirmed RT in April.

Besides 4k 60fps, antialiasing, ray tracing, if PS5 and Xfridge can release a Naruto and dragon ball z fighting game with dynamic fluid animation and interactive backgrounds to overcome the barrier of "stiffness" it would look something like this:

instead of (not that it looks bad but still) this:

Last edited:

DJ12

It was in the first wired article, he clarified his comment in the second one. It was vague and mentioned in the same breath as what we now know to be 360 audio, but it's definitely mentioned in the first article.

It was in the first wired article, he clarified his comment in the second one. It was vague and mentioned in the same breath as what we now know to be 360 audio, but it's definitely mentioned in the first article.
You see how stupid this is? Hey, MS stated hardware accelerated RT and so Cerny had another Wired interview to say the PS5 also has hardware accelerated RT.
Sometimes I forget some of these posters are 13 year old kids.

bitbydeath

You see how stupid this is? Hey, MS stated hardware accelerated RT and so Cerny had another Wired interview to say the PS5 also has hardware accelerated RT.
Sometimes I forget some of these posters are 13 year old kids.

Cerny confirmed Ray-Tracing baked into the GPU in the first article just there was some posters who like to play silly buggers.

The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support raytracing

Imtjnotu

The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments.

Again sony was the first to announce they were using ray tracing

Last edited:
Cerny confirmed Ray-Tracing baked into the GPU in the first article just there was some posters who like to play silly buggers.
Then why did he have to confirm it as hardware accelerated after MS confirmed theirs was?
That question doesnt need to be answered, as its not a real question. Its an example of how retarded this conversation is. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Darklor01

Then why did he have to confirm it as hardware accelerated after MS confirmed theirs was?
That question doesnt need to be answered, as its not a real question. Its an example of how retarded this conversation is. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

He did it because many assumed it was going to be a software solution which may use GPU power vs a different solution which uses separate cores just for Ray Tracing.
He did it for the same reasons people spent pages and pages here debating if it were hardware or software based. Clarification. I don’t see that as silly.

Imtjnotu

Because people like yourself feel the need to split hairs and make your own narrative for the words that were said. Instead of taking it at face value when he said ray tracing. So Cerny needed to clarify to appease the complainers

Thedtrain

The GPU, a custom variant of Radeon’s Navi family, will support ray tracing, a technique that models the travel of light to simulate complex interactions in 3D environments.

Again sony was the first to announce they were using ray tracing
MbMW4fT.gif

Darklor01

So console wars has devolved into PR wars in this thread. A new low has been met. Forget games, forget console features and specification, let’s focus on PR.... the real reveals cannot come soon enough.

Amen about the last sentence for sure!

Because people like yourself feel the need to split hairs and make your own narrative for the words that were said. Instead of taking it at face value when he said ray tracing. So Cerny needed to clarify to appease the complainers
No, people like myself, are going on about how people who are saying how MS is copying Sony, are stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom