• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaitsu

Banned
This is the most important thing today. The rest of the thread basically confirms they will release a trailer for God of War Ragnarok.

99xOj17.jpg

pjVXr7G.jpg

PcM8wNV.jpg

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

whoa Mr Moore's Law dude says:
-god of war 2 was shown behind closed doors.
-Sony has a major launch exclusive that they are yet to reveal.
-whatever exclusives people are insinuating are all probably real according to his sources.
-Sony has acquired more studios have their previous planned ps4 releases to be moved over to PS5 development.

For someone with such great 'insider' knowledge, it is worrying that he doesn't know/understand that PSNow is essentially what Gamepass is, just that Sony don't launch exclusives on there.

mitchman

Gold Member
Just noticed that PS5 is being advertised on the court floor in today's NBA playoff games.

So big on the floor that you can't miss it, must have been expensive.
Compared to the Champions League sponsorship, it's probably dirt cheap. CL games have a reach of close to a billion people for the semis and final.

YoodlePro

Guys I'm getting itchy from all this waiting.

I don't even know why, I already have the pre-order locked in and the price is locked in as well, so I don't really care about the price.
I just want to see it again!!!

Mahavastu

- PS5 hardware is "way more capable than people give it credit for"
- Few years down the line, it should be able to do games that "just couldn't be done anywhere else"
- God of War 2 was shown behind closed doors running on PS5, reveal is coming
- They have one more launch exclusive they haven't revealed yet
- Halfway through the PS4 generation, games that were being made for late-gen switched to next-gen production (exclusive to PS5 now)

(timestamped, 55:53-58:49)

I like the following quote:
"Whatever exclusive you think they could be bringing, it is probably ALL of them" :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:

AeneaGames

Could Sony be waiting to drop a commercial during the NFL Season Opener announcing something?
I mean it would be a normal spot for a commercial anyway and if they already had something planned they could just wait at this point. Just a guess while we wait

Doubtful. You know why? Answer: what is the NFL Season Opener ? a bottle opener of some sort ?

SNPlayen

If Sony apparently has all these aces up their sleeve you would think they would drop them right before Xbox pre orders go live and open pre orders before Xbox too.

Falc67

Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw this on Twitter.

The upgrade of the Times Square red stairs between Spider-Man PS4 and Miles morales. You can also see the ray traced reflection of the underneath of the villains shoe in the puddle.

KgVnapw_d.jpg

N10aE9P.jpg

Here’s real life Times Square for comparison.

6522438261_a05a572675_b.jpg

Last edited:

zaitsu

Banned

I wanted to remind you about a game that is not rushed like most of ubi games. It's clearly one of the first look how No Man Sky planet-space gameplay will be achievable in some AAA tittles with huge budget and development time.

It could be first game i would buy from UBI for long time. ( I despite reskins in dofferent settings)

Not sure if this has been posted, but I saw this on Twitter.

The upgrade of the Times Square red stairs between Spider-Man PS4 and Miles morales. You can also see the ray traced reflection of the underneath of the villains shoe in the puddle.

N10aE9P.jpg

KgVnapw_d.jpg

Here’s real life Times Square for comparison.

6522438261_a05a572675_b.jpg
The second pic is the first game though.no ?

sandkiller

I wanted to remind you about a game that is not rushed like most of ubi games. It's clearly one of the first look how No Man Sky planet-space gameplay will be achievable in some AAA tittles with huge budget and development time.

It could be first game i would buy from UBI for long time. ( I despite reskins in dofferent settings)

AAA or AAAA?

zaitsu

Banned
AAA or AAAA?
I dont know how much money Ubi pour into this thing, but before its release (probably mid-late gen) it could be one of the first AAAA games. It was in production for at least whole current generation.
Its clearly running on fuel made by other reskin-type of games being much cheaper to product.

Last edited:

Nowcry

Xbox Series S takes 12 seconds to load The Outer Worlds; Xbox One S, 53 seconds....

This could weigh down the entire 3rd generation games because the I / O of the XSS is too low, could you need environment designs just for it or even force to design from below ?.

A CPU problem can not be.

And on the other hand, where does this XVA leave ??? Does it really work? I am concerned that the I / O may not actually be used.

Last edited:

Flippo

Neo Member
AAA or AAAA?
WAAAAY TO LONG...
Ubisoft Montpelier, but announced in 2008. But also showed multiple times at E3 (2017-2019).
It looks really nice when you look at last year's tech demo. But not that interested anymore with all the new next gen games coming end of / next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom