• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagos48

75 hours in Days Gone on PS5 and I’m blown away by what I’ve experienced. Game is gorgeous in terms of gameplay, story and the world. I’m not going to talk spoilers I’m just gonna take a breath and say this game is underrated, the media is ignoring beautiful games such as Days Gone. No game out there is perfect but Days Gone is a 9 out of 10 for me. I’m interested in story so much and really immersed in the world. When you care about something you love in a ruined world, you’re going to do what you gotta do just to reach your destination, that’s what this game is offering to me. Riding in a beautiful world but yet a scary one is just amazing. I experienced a lot of emotions during the story and fuck this game is doing good in that.

The soundtrack is on point. If I’m allowed to recommend a game right now I’ll say Days Gone will never disappoint.
Well in PS4 was a totally different experience, hindered by the ridiculous loading times.

75 hours in Days Gone on PS5 and I’m blown away by what I’ve experienced. Game is gorgeous in terms of gameplay, story and the world. I’m not going to talk spoilers I’m just gonna take a breath and say this game is underrated, the media is ignoring beautiful games such as Days Gone. No game out there is perfect but Days Gone is a 9 out of 10 for me. I’m interested in story so much and really immersed in the world. When you care about something you love in a ruined world, you’re going to do what you gotta do just to reach your destination, that’s what this game is offering to me. Riding in a beautiful world but yet a scary one is just amazing. I experienced a lot of emotions during the story and fuck this game is doing good in that.

The soundtrack is on point. If I’m allowed to recommend a game right now I’ll say Days Gone will never disappoint.

Days Gone is the best surprise for me this year. I have bought this one by curiosity at small price 6 months ago, I wanted to try it since its release, but with the reviews not so good, I had never run paypal. One of the game I have the most enjoyed playing this year with Yakuza 7, GoT and Ori 2.

ElCasual

Guys, remember a tweet of the writer of Dead Space days before of the State of Play PS 5 reveal and then the tweet was deleted?
Any leak or rumor?

Kerlurk

Banned
Looks like DRAM/NAND and not the APU? I don’t know.

He says he's impressed by the wiring, but does not indicate where that is from. I don't think it's related to the PS5.

He said on Dec 7th, will have PS5 APU opened by end of the week, but obviously has not shown it yet.

He seems to be busy with some Apple stuff now, like the M1 chip, the latest iPhone.

He has a Youtube channel also, where he discusses some of the tools he uses to open, and examine a chip.

Youtube's closed captioning and translator does a decent job.

Last edited:

Kerlurk

Banned
Looks like DRAM/NAND and not the APU? I don’t know.

Checking his website, not sure if this has been posted yet, but he has already photographed the PS5 APU, as he provided a snippet of the chip:

That post at the website, is 2 days (Dec 9th) after they showed the picture of the PS5 APU removed from the motherboard.

AMD 2019 ... 74:

74th revision???

They might not provide an entire die shot, as they are a business, and sell this information in reports.

Last edited:

SSfox

Just watched a video that sum C2077 bugs and glitches and i'm actually glad i haven't start the game yet

Last edited:

Wireless is unnessiary price increase that Sony would not bother with for PSVR2. At most they would make it an optional upgrade. If the choice is wireless or a $100 price decrease, Sony would pick a 100 price decrease. PSVR2 need to be cheaper than PSVR1 in order to truly grow.

The PS5 will need to be in the same room as the headset, so PSVR2 was never going to be portable. The advantage of being wireless really couldn't be fully realized as long as it is tethered to a console in some way.

Last edited:

Handy Fake

WelldocumentedAmusingGrackle-max-1mb.gif

kyliethicc

Just make a solid comfy VR headset that connects to the front of the PS5 via 1 simple (very long) USB-C cable.

VR will go mainstream when its just a $200-300 monitor we can wear on our heads to play "normal" games with regular controllers. Like Gran Turismo and Star Wars Squadrons, etc. Beat Saber type games aren't enough.

PSVR 2.0 should be $200-300 and not require any extra controllers. Those should be optional buys.

Gimme clear VR w/ 1440p @60 Hz (per eye) with 3D audio for the entire game of GT7. And Knack 2.

Last edited:

roops67

Wireless is unnessiary price increase that Sony would not bother with for PSVR2. At most they would make it an optional upgrade. If the choice is wireless or a $100 price decrease, Sony would pick a 100 price decrease. PSVR2 need to be cheaper than PSVR1 in order to truly grow.

The PS5 will need to be in the same room as the headset, so PSVR2 was never going to be portable. The advantage of being wireless really couldn't be fully realized as long as it is tethered to a console in some way.
There's a specific reason PS5 has WiFi6 besides future proofing, and PSVR2 could be it. I doubt WiFi6 module on the PSVR2 will add anything near $100 more to the cost, just my guess tho

There's a specific reason PS5 has WiFi6 besides future proofing, and PSVR2 could be it. I doubt WiFi6 module on the PSVR2 will add anything near $100 more to the cost, just my guess tho
Wifi6 is not fast enough. You need a special wavelength that require direct line of sight. The only one we know is on the market is on the Vive adapter. There is a lot of downsides to it.

If you think you just need Wifi, you don't understand the difficulty of low latency.

RaZoR No1

Wifi6 is not fast enough. You need a special wavelength that require direct line of sight. The only one we know is on the market is on the Vive adapter. There is a lot of downsides to it.

If you think you just need Wifi, you don't understand the difficulty of low latency.
Wifi6 is good enough IMO.
Check the Quest 1 and 2 topics, where they stream the games from PC to the Headset over wifi.

I dont know how the latest situation is, but afaik wifi was even better than using a wired connection due to processing or compression issues.

And once you played VR without any cables, you dont want to go back. It feels much much better.

Lemondish

i called it. Next gen xbox consoles got extra features that previous gen xbox and ps consoles did not.

bizarre to say the least. downright bs at worst. most people will be playing this on ps console and cd pr actively fucked them over with a shitty version.

Not a surprise. They did the same with Witcher 3. They are not very trustworthy.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
i called it. Next gen xbox consoles got extra features that previous gen xbox and ps consoles did not.

bizarre to say the least. downright bs at worst. most people will be playing this on ps console and cd pr actively fucked them over with a shitty version.
Eh.. seems pretty likely at this point that Sony did not update the PS4 SDK to give devs the ability to detect code is running on PS5.

For XBox it's all one GDK, so "bc games" can detect XSX and offer different settings.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Eh.. seems pretty likely at this point that Sony did not update the PS4 SDK to give devs the ability to detect code is running on PS5.

For XBox it's all one GDK, so "bc games" can detect XSX and offer different settings.
not true. The ps5 version runs the pro version at 60 fps using some kind of toggle that the ps5 detects. The pro version runs at 30 fps locked. So clearly something was baked into the ps4 version of the game.

They just chose not to add the rest.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Not a surprise. They did the same with Witcher 3. They are not very trustworthy.
wait, what did they do with the ps4 version of witcher 3? Or are you talking about the downgrade?

I played on the pro after they added the 4k patch and really liked the 4kcb implementatio.

roops67

Wifi6 is good enough IMO.
Check the Quest 1 and 2 topics, where they stream the games from PC to the Headset over wifi.

I dont know how the latest situation is, but afaik wifi was even better than using a wired connection due to processing or compression issues.

And once you played VR without any cables, you dont want to go back. It feels much much better.
Okay did some reading and I see your point deltapolarbear, for a seamless vr experience they're talking about 60ghz line of sight whereas WiFi6 is 6ghz. But also read that the foveated rendering Sony is working on can offer immense bandwidth saving so WiFi6 is viable, question is how good the eye tracking will be

Last edited:

Ptarmiganx2

Only second to HZD this generation. Underrated.

Ptarmiganx2

Great for wealthy people that don't care about spending that kind of cash on things. Disgusting for everyone else. What a fucking blunder. Really wish Sony and Microsoft would work with retailers on this issue, but a sale is a sale at the end of the day I suppose.
Not willing to pay the scalpers regardless of ability to do so. My wife managed to get hers at Walmart...1 month later, I’m still searching.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom