• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.gif.a94332b1cfe9f9b269ed1ace533dcd9e.gif
Sorry dude. See above message.

SSfox

We've seen GT7 gameplay. We've even seen the in game menu.

The only thing left to show about GT7 can't be shown... it has to be felt. We need to feel how it uses the DualSense in person.

Horizon 2 will literally just be more Horizon ZD gameplay so who even cares. Its a PS4 game. (I'll play it, I'm just not hyped rn.)

And I highly doubt GoW2 is 2021.

Can't wait man, the only car game i'm really excited about and can't wait for.

sircaw

Banned
Calling Secret Agent Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem ,

Would you like to join me in pretending to like Microsoft products? Our goal if you choose to accept it, would be to try and infiltrate the enemy's console ranks. If you are prepared to join me on this mission, i have a good name for you that no one would suspect, you would be called @DarkBo21?

We could spread fud here and there with a few well-aimed remarks about overheating and coil whine we could devastate the ranks of our foes.

If anyone questions us we could say that we are not console fanboys but ALL GAMING WARRIORS.

Remember to check your past history as a precaution, we don't want to have any comments like your ps5 being bricked come up in the first month. We don't want to look like a bunch of hypocrites now do we?,

I was going to ask the @Darkdestroyer-Geordie666 to join us but the silly arse got himself banned for spreading fud, apparently asking if someone has played a game or has trophy details are a big no-no now.

If you are prepared to do this, let's meet at the secret camp up in the hills, you remember the place, behind the low res texture trees in Halo.

Look forward to seeing you there

You friend

@Darksircaw2020

Last edited:

FrankWza

ALL GAMING WARRIORS.
For me, I’m happy we have a private Xbox fault thread that, adjusted for butthurt and using the fud multiplier, is currently at 10%(7%)Using the same formula, the PS5 fault is apparently 15%(10%) But the x/s are wis-puh quiet so they have no coil whine. That, according to my calculations, brings the PS5 number to about 5% fault. I think we can move on....for now.

Would you like to join me in pretending to like Microsoft products? Our goal if you choose to accept it, would be to try and infiltrate the enemy's console ranks. If you are prepared to join me on this mission, i have a good name for you that no one would suspect, you would be called @DarkBo21?

We could spread fud here and there with a few well-aimed remarks about overheating and coil whine we could devastate the ranks of our foes.

If anyone questions us we could say that we are not console fanboys but ALL GAMING WARRIORS.

Remember to check your past history as a precaution, we don't want to have any comments like your ps5 being bricked come up in the first month. We don't want to look like a bunch of hypocrites now do we?,

I was going to ask the @Darkdestroyer-Geordie666 to join us but the silly arse got himself banned for spreading fud, apparently asking if someone has played a game or has trophy details are a big no-no now.

If you are prepared to do this, let's meet at the secret camp up in the hills, you remember the place, behind the low res texture trees in Halo.

You friend

@Darksircaw2020

Please let's not make this thread about him. Don't want to see mass thread bans because of one user and how others react to him.

Last edited:

You friend

@Darksircaw2020
I like this.

Shmunter

Man they still havent fixed Dirt 5 on PS5. I went back to it after almost a month and it still has that awful stuttering issue. some of the races have it on every turn while others are relatively smooth.

It sucks because i really love playing the game. It reminds me of motorstorm pacific rift and driveclub. Visuals on some levels are absolutely stunning.
That is so disappointing. Keep holding off on the trigger awaiting some positive news.

Even Cold War still has obvious and repeatable bugs that haven’t been addressed. What’s up with all these devs.

Oh, I thought there is only Xbox one, so it seemed fair like that.

Back when this thread was locked they created those community threads. This thread is for everyone but I do agree that a lot of playstation fans hang out here. I guess once all the crazy rumors were done many people stopped posting here.

yewles1

You friend

@Darksircaw2020
Where's Lalo Schifrin? We need a theme song up in here!

So the massive drops on PS5 Black Ops Cold War were due to the resolution scaler, the graph totally mirrors the PC graph just lower. That's what only having 36 compute units gets you, going to be a serious limiting factor when next gen games arrive.
I too remember these discussions hundreds of pages ago. Do we really need to go over how PS5's higher clocks and less GPU overhead (cache scrubbers) put the paper spec difference to rest? The CU is not the end all and any difference in multi-platforms is miniscule to say the least. Comparing a PC to a closed system with hardware not found anywhere else (cache scrubbers, fully programable geometry engine, the entire I/O). Come on now. This is old.

Pretending Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

Begone with this nonsense. Join me in upgrading our PC to something much greater whenever GPUs and CPUs are available to purchase. Basically next year at this point.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

You friend

@Darksircaw2020

Bo Hazem means Father of Hazem. I think I might go with Bo_Phil. I need to see a therapist to help me go through the pain of owning an xbox and I'll tell you how that went down.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Conclusion:

Alex tested one benchmark scene and it's performing between a RTX 2070 Super and a RTX 3070. PC has some higher setting and it couldn't go any lower. The RTX 2070 Super can go higher with DLSS enabled.

The settings can be found at the 11:50 mark.

I didn't watch the entire video, but I'm not sure if Alex pointed out that the scene has frame drops during the PS5 which seems to be a glitch.

You can see this in the NX comparison video where its a nearly stable 60fps.

RX 6800XT with 72CU vs 36CU and similar clock speeds is only 29.4% faster than PS5, while 3070 is 8.6% faster so it's safe to say PS5 is comparable to 2080 Ti and 3070 in ray tracing performance.

This solidifies that PS5 is using a custom RT solution vs RDNA2/Xbox SX, that's why RT is better on PS5 vs XSX, and 6800XT is embarrassingly closer to PS5 than Xbox One to PS4!

Last edited:

SSfox

You friend

@Darksircaw2020
This is some Decoy Octopus sh1t going on right there.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Great work from DF showing us why ps5 is a great console

a 500 dollar console with 2080 super performance i a killer deal

but 3090 rtx only 80 % more performance than ps5 is something I did not expect ... it is 36 tflop best gfx card right now

the diminishing returns are real

Makes getting PS5 now and waiting or PS5 Pro a wiser option except if you can afford both or you like mouse/keyboard for shooters, sim racing, flight sims, tactical games etc that are best played on PC.

YoodlePro

I bought the original one with the DLC's for $70 back then, so I highly recommend getting the Ultimate Edition.
In the end I bought the ultimate edition for €55. I'm not sure which one to play first.
I booted both up just to see what's up.

Story wise it would make sense to start with Sipder Man and then move on to Miles. But Miles looks and feels much better.
The combat looks pretty similar too. What would you recommend Bo? Also, Fidelity or performance RT?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
In the end I bought the ultimate edition for €55. I'm not sure which one to play first.
I booted both up just to see what's up.

Story wise it would make sense to start with Sipder Man and then move on to Miles. But Miles looks and feels much better.
The combat looks pretty similar too. What would you recommend Bo? Also, Fidelity or performance RT?

Would recommend the remastered first, you must do that. Played all in Fidelity mode, wonderful. Tried Performance RT when they released it and I can say that the resolution difference is big on paper yet the upscaling/reconstruction makes it pretty minor so I would suggest Performance RT. It's the same with Demon's Souls that native 4K has a pretty minor advantage over performance mode. Reconstruction/upscaling on PS5 is pretty solid.

RX 6800XT with 72CU vs 36CU and similar clock speeds is only 29.4% faster than PS5, while 3070 is 8.6% faster so it's safe to say PS5 is comparable to 2080 Ti and 3070 in ray tracing performance.

This solidifies that PS5 is using a custom RT solution vs RDNA2/Xbox SX, that's why RT is better on PS5 vs XSX and 6800XT is embarrassingly closer to PS5 than Xbox One to PS4!

As explained before, these comparisons between game consoles and PC are not really interesting because it is impossible to have it fair => the PS5 (and XsX of course) are running effects at quarter resolution.... We already said that, and Alex seems only now to share that point...

FranXico

As explained before, these comparisons between game consoles and PC are not really interesting because it is impossible to have it fair => the PS5 (and XsX of course) are running effects at quarter resolution.... We already said that, and Alex seems only now to share that point...

He should edit the video then.
Could have been worse though, at least he didn't take a game with a buggy video settings menu, and then still go ahead and benchmark it against the console port as if the settings are reliably comparable. That would have been incredibly dishonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom